The Association Football Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Meanwhile in India, England should be 1-0 up at some point tomorrow with a lead of 420. India again needing to bat out the 5th day of a Test to avoid defeat, seems like a familiar script of late.

But this pitch is crumbling and balls are keeping very low, if it wasn’t for that I’d say maybe they’re an outside chance of a win with a match winner like Pant in their line up.

Not a great read for Cricket Australia.

Meanwhile in India, England should be 1-0 up at some point tomorrow with a lead of 420. India again needing to bat out the 5th day of a Test to avoid defeat, seems like a familiar script of late.

But this pitch is crumbling and balls are keeping very low, if it wasn’t for that I’d say maybe they’re an outside chance of a win with a match winner like Pant in their line up.
Suits us fine.
As long as this is a close series and India don't win 2 tests WTC finals here we come.

If England win this series, they’re through right?
Not if they win 2-1 Or 1-0 I think. That and drawn series and we get through. SA cancellation is a blessing in disguise.

Think the Indians will turn it around. Don't forget how poor they were first test in Aus

It was vintage Anderson, the bloke is 38 but still getting it done. Excellent bowling all round by England. Albeit the track really deteriorated, so many balls keeping low and hence a high proportion of batsmen being bowled.

India really is a place where winning the toss and batting first is very influential to the result. Root was in sublime form. Even the 40 odd he got yesterday, didn’t even look like getting out and was finding the boundary with ease.

Looks very difficult already, and that was only the first session of day 2. I thought India spurned an opportunity this morning leaving Pant stranded (geez their last 3-4 wickets tumble way too quickly too often), but that is looking to be a very good score now.

That’s a magnificent hundred from Ashwin, in his hometown as well. The crowd loving it, great atmosphere as he was approaching his hundred (supposedly though Paine has more Indian friends than Ashwin though haha).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1058741

This screenshot re-appeared on my timeline. I follow a Caribbean cricket page and they aren't letting this go, and rightly so!

If I’m reading that correctly, it wasn’t actually the cricinfo staff who made the original comment. Which is what I thought when you first mentioned it (think I labelled it pretty unprofessional etc).

That seems like when they post a comment/message from their viewers during commentary, and then respond to it (hence the - - -). So it appears that the furore originated from Pradipto who seemed to be getting a bit ahead of themselves.

If I’m reading that correctly, it wasn’t actually the cricinfo staff who made the original comment. Which is what I thought when you first mentioned it (think I labelled it pretty unprofessional etc).

That seems like when they post a comment/message from their viewers during commentary, and then respond to it (hence the - - -). So it appears that the furore originated from Pradipto who seemed to be getting a bit ahead of themselves.
Yeah I took it as Pardipto being their commentator. But it's either a viewer of the commentary, or picked up off the local commentary of the match.

Yeah I took it as Pardipto being their commentator. But it's either a viewer of the commentary, or picked up off the local commentary of the match.

I read it as definitely a viewer who chimed in with a random comment. Very regularly happens throughout the cricinfo commentary. Anything from a comment on the game, selection, or even someone living locally telling them that rain is on the way - it’s a very regular feature.

Old mate Pradipto has started a furore.

I read it as definitely a viewer who chimed in with a random comment. Very regularly happens throughout the cricinfo commentary. Anything from a comment on the game, selection, or even someone living locally telling them that rain is on the way - it’s a very regular feature.

Old mate Pradipto has started a furore.

Yeah, he is definitely a viewer.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...rs-12th-match-1152522/ball-by-ball-commentary

“Pradipto: "The quality or lack of in these BBL games just shows the kind of talent available in AUS at the moment. Deeply disturbing"

Had the kiwis on the ropes and they get to 185

Captain and VC then make next to nothing and it's 4-19. No idea why you'd win the toss and chase in the lights against Southee and Boult. Unplayable first 5 overs

When I last checked the score New Zealand were 3 for 20 odd with Williamson out as well. To get to 188 and then have Australia 4 for 40 is a hell of a turnaround.

When I last checked the score New Zealand were 3 for 20 odd with Williamson out as well. To get to 188 and then have Australia 4 for 40 is a hell of a turnaround.
Conway 99 off 50 something, he's been in form. But to let guys like Jimmy Neesham get off the chain is a worry. Marsh and Stoinis trying to steady the ship. Spin to Stoinis could ruin that

they're gonna belt us arent they
I actually don't think they will. Should be an Aus series win.
Only Archer and Stokes worry me.

Jimmy and Broad are getting on in years now. Moeen is a trash spinner, Leach barely any better and their current top 5 bar Root is pretty gettable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back