The Association Football Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know if this has already been posted.

Very damning stuff.

Vaughan continues to deny his involvement though. I liked that the article brought up Lehmann and that run out vs Sri Lanka. I detested that incident back when it happened and it was sickening at the time to hear all his enablers and defenders dismiss the whole incident (remarkably, those were all white men themselves).

That was one of the reasons I found it very difficult to identify with and support the Australian cricket team for quite some time. With him as the coach and that mindless “headbutt the line” mentality, it’s no surprise how that ended. Very distasteful and glad we have moved on from being associated with someone like him.

Very damning stuff.

Vaughan continues to deny his involvement though. I liked that the article brought up Lehmann and that run out vs Sri Lanka. I detested that incident back when it happened and it was sickening at the time to hear all his enablers and defenders dismiss the whole incident (remarkably, those were all white men themselves).

That was one of the reasons I found it very difficult to identify with and support the Australian cricket team for quite some time. With him as the coach and that mindless “headbutt the line” mentality, it’s no surprise how that ended. Very distasteful and glad we have moved on from being associated with someone like him.
Gets worse.

Very damning stuff.

I have supported the West Indies since the mid 1990’s (not really into Cricket these days) because I found Australia full of scumbags even back then.

Gets worse.

Speechless. That’s ****ed.

I have supported the West Indies since the mid 1990’s (not really into Cricket these days) because I found Australia full of scumbags even back then.

Yes the behaviour can be traced back to then. I have a few friends who also chose to follow the West Indies (not just as their “second” team).

Speechless. That’s f’ed.

Yes the behaviour can be traced back to then. I have a few friends who also chose to follow the West Indies (not just as their “second” team).

I used to have this awesome West Indies book I put in Lorne or Warrnambool over 25 years ago. I wish I still had it.

I missed the Golden era of WI Cricket but they were such an easy nation to support. Lara and Chanderpaul, so good. I am still triggered about the 1996 WC Semi Final capitulation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a dumb flog

From that very article:

“That investigation and a Cricket Tasmania HR investigation at the same time found that there had been no breach of the Cricket Australia Code of Conduct.”

Hmm. Would’ve thought sending dick pics and sexually explicit messages would’ve constituted a breach. That code of conduct may need updating.

What is it about the Aussie cricket and being full of fu** wits. Every summer something happens. They'll never learn.

The flogs running Cricket Australia are to blame for allowing such a floggish culture resonate within the Test Team since Steve Waugh was captain (maybe even before that)

It'll be entertaining to see everyone who bags Paine as a keeper realise that he's triple the gloveman that Carey is.

Carey is Wade levels

Remove this Banner Ad

Back