The Association Football Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t blame you, the last two captains have now resigned in disgrace. Think Pat Cummins would be a step forward ..seems a decent lad

I like Cummins, carries himself very well and seems a decent bloke. He passes that initial test of “would he make a good ambassador for the side”. So did Paine actually. Just never know what skeletons are lurking in the closet though....

There’s a generation now who just don’t fully understand the digital world, everything they say or message has been imprinted permanently and can come back to bite them later on.

I’ve recently left the corporate world however couldn’t tell you how many blokes I’ve had to suspend/terminate in the last few years for the s**t they say about others, in group chats or emails, on their work phones and laptops etc. It’s idiotic stuff. And some of these guys are in their 40s. A systemic problem.

I’ve recently left the corporate world however couldn’t tell you how many blokes I’ve had to suspend/terminate in the last few years for the sh*t they say about others, in group chats or emails, on their work phones and laptops etc. It’s idiotic stuff. And some of these guys are in their 40s. A systemic problem.
Interesting you say that. At my company as like most been wfh last 18 months and greater use of Teams/Zoom. They’ve increased security as a result and picked up a high level of personal abuse on chats on Teams…has led to a number of people being dismissed. The level of abuse that some rumours suggested was quite surprising to be honest

Interesting you say that. At my company as like most been wfh last 18 months and greater use of Teams/Zoom. They’ve increased security as a result and picked up a high level of personal abuse on chats on Teams…has led to a number of people being dismissed. The level of abuse that some rumours suggested was quite surprising to be honest

Yes I’ve heard of similar things too. One time a couple of blokes thought they were chatting to each other privately during a zoom call, but they mistakenly pressed the group chat option. Thankfully for them nothing bad was said.

Last year I had to interview a team member of mine, 44 years old with 3 daughters, as to why he said in a group message to a couple of other blokes that he would love to “cum on the face of the new graduate”. He tried to explain to me that it’s a compliment. Because it’s supposedly some kind of gift that he only reserves for the best looking. Something to that extent, that was his excuse to get his way out of it.

I was left with no choice.

I’ve grown up with team sports, footy, soccer, cricket, powerlifting clubs etc. I get it. s**t like this is said all the time in locker rooms etc. Doesn’t make it okay. However to say that s**t in writing, stored permanently, can easily be accessed, it’s just a whole different thing that many are struggling to comprehend and navigate through.

Yes I’ve heard of similar things too. One time a couple of blokes thought they were chatting to each other privately during a zoom call, but they mistakenly pressed the group chat option. Thankfully for them nothing bad was said.

Last year I had to interview a team member of mine, 44 years old with 3 daughters, as to why he said in a group message to a couple of other blokes that he would love to “cum on the face of the new graduate”. He tried to explain to me that it’s a compliment. Because it’s supposedly some kind of gift that he only reserves for the best looking. Something to that extent, that was his excuse to get his way out of it.

I was left with no choice.

I’ve grown up with team sports, footy, soccer, cricket, powerlifting clubs etc. I get it. sh*t like this is said all the time in locker rooms etc. Doesn’t make it okay. However to say that sh*t in writing, stored permanently, can easily be accessed, it’s just a whole different thing that many are struggling to comprehend and navigate through.

Some people are just filthy. Actually two mornings ago I was on my walk and some guy was starting up his motorbike near a row of shops and he looked at me and quite loudly he asked me twice, “where are all the sluts?”. I had no idea what to do
so I instinctively just shrugged my shoulders as if to say ‘I don’t know’ and then just walked off. I wish I kept walking without giving him the time of day but the guy was twice my size so it was the only thing I could think of to do to sort of defuse the situation. I turned the corner, sat on a bench in front of some stores and I could still hear the guy, most likely harassing some other people.

You did the right thing if your “I was left with no choice” is anything to go by. Hopefully the graduate is thriving at your place of business.

Mark Taylor just literally said, “The guy that Tim Paine was in November 2017 is not the same person he is today. He has matured.” Tim Paine got married in 2016, when he was 31. This attitude of “boys will be boys” is disgusting. No wonder Australian Cricket is a mess.

No wonder Australian Cricket is a mess
Absolutely not true at all.

- Men’s and Women’s teams doing well.
- Strong First Class system that is burgeoning with young talent in every state.
-Grassroots participation is up, women’s teams and leagues are starting all over the country.

Hyperbole to suggest our cricket is a mess over some sexting. Storm in a teacup.

Absolutely not true at all.

- Men’s and Women’s teams doing well.
- Strong First Class system that is burgeoning with young talent in every state.
-Grassroots participation is up, women’s teams and leagues are starting all over the country.

Hyperbole to suggest our cricket is a mess over some sexting. Storm in a teacup.

I mean all the other scandals. Not the form on the field.

Great to hear the women's team are doing well.

Every team ball tampers. We just got caught.

England won two ashes series doctoring the ball.

You would think the fact our last two Test captains have resigned in disgrace is a concern

You would think the fact our last two Test captains have resigned in disgrace is a concern
Not sure it matter too much in the end, they'll just sweep it up under the rug like we have been for the last few decades and carry on. It's sad but true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incredible effort from Ajaz Patel. 3rd man in history to take a 10fer in a test match innings. Shame his teammates gave him no support and he was back out bowling a few hours later.

Was quite amazing to watch it live. A Mumbai lad as well, achieving that in Mumbai. Surreal stuff.

Poor bloke though, bowls 50 overs and gets India out himself. Then a session later he’s out there bowling again! Skittled for 62. He must be looking at his teammates and saying “guys, seriously?”.

Incredible effort from Ajaz Patel. 3rd man in history to take a 10fer in a test match innings. Shame his teammates gave him no support and he was back out bowling a few hours later.
Didn’t even get MOTM…

Does something for the 3rd time in over 2400 tests and loses out to Agarwal whose 150+ score is the 1177th in test cricket.

Joke decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back