The Association Football Cricket thread

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
looks like 11 blokes putting their hands up to go back to england. the circumstances around the ashes with covid and stuff have obviously been less than ideal, but the lack of fight shown overall these 3 tests has been shameful from england. bar a few moments and a session here and there it's as bad as i have seen

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Already started…

I was happy earlier that I never placed that Australia to win by an innings bet I was thinking of placing. Now I am not too sure 😂
1640652469322.gif

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
absolute fizzer of a series. 2 dead rubber games and the boxing day test done 1st session day 3.

thrilled for blokes like boland and richardson, but overall what a let down of a series

Really should move the Sydney test to Canberra in the name of covid safety now that its a dead rubber.

Really should move the Sydney test to Canberra in the name of covid safety now that its a dead rubber.
no, move the 4th test to Hobart then have the 5th in Canberra when I'll likely have moved there

no, move the 4th test to Hobart then have the 5th in Canberra when I'll likely have moved there

We need Sydney so we can hopefully blood another spinner.
Touring Pakistan, Sri Lanka and India in 2022.

Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
Australia didn’t even have the perfect preparation for any test. We lose our captain weeks before the series. We lose our new captain and two best bowlers for the second test then bring in a 32 year old to debut on Boxing Day. You would assume we would be the team struggling given all of that but we’ve barely been tested. This is the most embarrassing England team I’ve seen tour here.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
We need Sydney so we can hopefully blood another spinner.
Touring Pakistan, Sri Lanka and India in 2022.
Spinners don't work in the sub continent... Even warnie the goat didn't play well there. We're better off with a pace battery minus starc who has proven woeful form there

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
I remember Navjot Sidhu and Tendulkar dining on Warne in the 1998 series, they did as they pleased. Warne never really recovered from series I reckon, he was calling for cans of baked beans to be sent over to India as he was struggling with the food otherwise.

Didn’t seem to enjoy himself in India, and up against some great batsmen, it just didn’t happen for him there. I also recall a classic quote form Macgill describing what it’s like being a spinner against Indian batsmen. He said something like “it’s not like they can’t pick what I’m about to bowl, it’s that they don’t care”.

Last edited:
Back