The Association Football Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The previous lowest T20 score was Turkey‘s score of 21 in a game against the Czech Republic in 2019. Imagine hitting a lower score than a country where only people from that country know they have a Cricket team.
Most Turks probably wouldn't even know what cricket is.

Cricket in Ireland? It’s not that big, is it? .
It's not big but it is significantly bigger than any other European nation that isn't part of Great Britain. Irish people know about it, there's clubs around. I believe back in the early 1900s/1800s it was Hurling or Cricket and Irish went the way of Hurling. GAA is very protective and they prevent you from using the land to play foreign sports (here for Aussie rules we use council park lands as they aren't GAA clubs) TBH Hurling is an amazing sport.

It's not big but it is significantly bigger than any other European nation that isn't part of Great Britain. Irish people know about it, there's clubs around. I believe back in the early 1900s/1800s it was Hurling or Cricket and Irish went the way of Hurling. GAA is very protective and they prevent you from using the land to play foreign sports (here for Aussie rules we use council park lands as they aren't GAA clubs) TBH Hurling is an amazing sport.

I can picture you being into Hurling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back