the Australian Building and Construction Commission

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't need to besmurch the reputation of the unions, their reputations were forged along time before I put my views on them on BF.

As for Steven Roach an old sheraer whom I had known for a long time said he'd been caught with his hand in the til and I had no reason to doubt him(so appologies for using the term fiddling the books).

And after having dealt with him I could understand toatally that thug being a corrupt ****.

And he was a thug and I have no hesitation in labelling him that.

The thing is this thread is about the likes of the CFMEU and AWU and that's where im directing my angst at.

I wouldn't compare these unions with a union like those that represent Nurses(ANF) etc because they are completely different beasts.

The ANF is more of a model for constructive unionism than their counterparts in the trades unions.

So your still talkiing in generalities that "their reputation was set long before I started posting on BF" rather than "some "or even "many"

On Roach I acted for the Rules Commitee of the AWU executive in the proceedings following kicking Roach out. If they had've had that ammunition against him they would've used it

So all businesses can be tarred with the same brush the smae way you tar union members with the same brush/

Personally as i said, i don't prejudge people on the actions of a few, i will leave that to the likes of you and the other posters on here whom do the same!

I have had some great bosses, some not so great, my immediate boss is the general manager of the company and i pretty much work any hours i want and he lets me work when and where i want, as long as i do my work!

You failed totally to answer this;

Unionists are always pointing the finger at business owners, thats one thing I know from working along side them for 20 years, more often than not they love creating the Us against them mentality.

Is my friend Burnie a hero due to his military service or is he a union thug simply due to him being a member of a union?

As I just said in my last reply, this is a thread about the A,B & C C so the unions involved in it are those whom i refer to.

This thread has nothing to do with Nurses unions and their like.

I have no problem with unions like that because they don't use dirty tactics within workplaces (that I know of).

As for your friend he's a cook and not a docker, so I hardly think he'd be in a position to be a lazy sod and involved in missing containers now would he.

No you have tarred all unions and all unionists actually-as have some of the other liberal supporters actually.

No iv'e tarred the ones involved in this commision and who iv'e had dealings with.

If I say I hate the unions in this thread I hate those whom are present within this discussion.

Which isn't the likes of the ANF.

No iv'e tarred the ones involved in this commision and who iv'e had dealings with.
If I say I hate the unions in this thread I hate those whom are present within this discussion.

Which isn't the likes of the ANF.

No you have attacked all union's/unionsits actualyl!

Originally Posted by AndSmithMustScore
I don't need to besmurch the reputation of the unions, their reputations were forged along time before I put my views on them on BF.

There's no point in pointing the finger at me for my views on unions, point it at the union members who gave me reason to distrust them.

So your still talkiing in generalities that "their reputation was set long before I started posting on BF" rather than "some "or even "many"

On Roach I acted for the Rules Commitee of the AWU executive in the proceedings following kicking Roach out. If they had've had that ammunition against him they would've used it

Of course I generalise, it's the nature of the BF beast.

We all do it, whoever says they don't is a liar.

Maybe they would maybe they wouldn't in regards to Roach.

Exposing him might have made him out to be the bad guy, but conversely it might have also created bad publicity for the AWU itself by creating a sitation where members might question who else has their hand in the til.

I wouldn't trust the guy as far as I could kick him so I'll still have to go with he was doing something untoward within the AWU before he got booted.

As I just said in my last reply, this is a thread about the A,B & C C so the unions involved in it are those whom i refer to.

This thread has nothing to do with Nurses unions and their like.

I have no problem with unions like that because they don't use dirty tactics within workplaces (that I know of).

As for your friend he's a cook and not a docker, so I hardly think he'd be in a position to be a lazy sod and involved in missing containers now would he.

1. You have attacked all unions and unionists actually!!

2. You also attacked the MUA and its members in general which my friend is a member of as well!

3. How do containers go missing-slip them in a duffle bag?

No you have attacked all union's/unionsits actualyl!

Iv'e reffered to the CFMEU, AWU and Painter & Dockers.

As would be relevent to this thread.

Most other unions would have no relevence to it so why would they be mentioned?

When I write unions I mean those relevent, when you read it you read it as all.

As for the missing containers they can easily clear them out and then shift them around until they are long forgotten.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/natio...ut-700000-of-it/2007/05/05/1177788470664.html

Inside info going on in that one :thumbsu:

Iv'e reffered to the CFMEU, AWU and Painter & Dockers.As would be relevent to this thread.

Most other unions would have no relevence to it so why would they be mentioned?

When I write unions I mean those relevent, when you read it you read it as all.

As for the missing containers they can easily clear them out and then shift them around until they are long forgotten.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/natio...ut-700000-of-it/2007/05/05/1177788470664.html

Inside info going on in that one :thumbsu:

1. No you first attacked all unions and their members, you then attacked the CFMEU, then the P&D then the MUA, now the AWU and the AMWU etc and their members.

2. You then stated that its onyl the union covered by the ABCC-yet most of those unions aren't!

3. So is my friend a hero due to his military service or a true scum of the earth for being in a union?

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12553925&postcount=97

You support thuggery, bullying and intimidation by union officials.

You're true scum of the earth union
I didn't pay for it, the farmer hated this maggot more than me and paid for it so I didn't have too.

What the hell-where does this mention union members, the MUA or anything to do with unions!!!

1. No you first attacked all unions and their members, you then attacked the CFMEU, then the P&D then the MUA, now the AWU and the AMWU etc and their members.

That's how you read it, not how it was intended.

2. You then stated that its onyl the union covered by the ABCC-yet most of those unions aren't!

Those unions were brought up in reposnse to people making unions out to be innocent,hard done by, only do good organisations.

3. So is my friend a hero due to his military service or a true scum of the earth for being in a union?

Are you saying there's not scum of the earth within the union ranks?

That's not saying yopur friend is, but you can't say that there's not either.

What the hell-where does this mention union members, the MUA or anything to do with unions!!!

You missed this part

They went to a particular corner of the yard. It's almost like they know what's going on.

"There's definitely some inside information, because they know when this olive oil is coming in.

"I don't know if they're getting their information from somebody working here, or someone on the wharves."

You won't work on the wharves if you aren't in the union.

That's how you read it, not how it was intended.

Those unions were brought up in reposnse to people making unions out to be innocent,hard done by, only do good organisations.

Are you saying there's not scum of the earth within the union ranks?

That's not saying yopur friend is, but you can't say that there's not either.

You missed this part

You won't work on the wharves if you aren't in the union.

1. Look we will both accept you got caught out making blanket statements attacking unions, calling them scum and thugs-your not the only person to make these sort of remarks, but hey more fool you.

2. My friend did his country proud served for 26 years, and people whom call hima thig or scum simply because he is also a unionist should tae a long hard look at themselves actually!

3. I still don't see in the article you posted to somehow support your statement that wharfies had been stealing containers, and reference to the MUA or the wharfies!!

1. Look we will both accept you got caught out making blanket statements attacking unions, calling them scum and thugs-your not the only person to make these sort of remarks, but hey more fool you.

2. My friend did his country proud served for 26 years, and people whom call hima thig or scum simply because he is also a unionist should tae a long hard look at themselves actually!

3. I still don't see in the article you posted to somehow support your statement that wharfies had been stealing containers, and reference to the MUA or the wharfies!!

It's guys like this that give the unions a bad rep :thumbsu:

0,,5512678,00.jpg

The dudes wearing a t-shirt with a murderer on it.

Damn imagine the response a bank exec would get if he wore an Adolf Hitler t-shirt.

0,,5512678,00.jpg

Damn imagine the response a bank exec would get if he wore an Adolf Hitler t-shirt.

Thats 2 people from almost 2,000,000 members!

Oh and one persons murderer is another persons freedom fighter now aren't they?

Thats 2 people from almost 2,000,000 members!

Oh and one persons murderer is another persons freedom fighter now aren't they?

Yep it is only 2 members.

But it's two members who make it onto the tv and are in the public eye.

And they = bad publicity

If the freedom fighter is fighting in their own country to repel an invader then yes.

Not in this case though.

I would have thought a Ghandi t-shirt more appropriate than that of a cold blooded killer.

Unless the guy is some wannabe commie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep it is only 2 members.

But it's two members who make it onto the tv and are in the public eye.

And they = bad publicity

If the freedom fighter is fighting in their own country to repel an invader then yes.

Not in this case though.

I would have thought a Ghandi t-shirt more appropriate than that of a cold blooded killer.

Unless the guy is some wannabe commie.

That little **** is not a commie trust me-i have personnely had dealings with him and stood toe to toe telling him exactly what i thought of him and his brand of unionism!

That little **** is not a commie trust me-i have personnely had dealings with him and stood toe to toe telling him exactly what i thought of him and his brand of unionism!

Standing toe to toe with a dodgy union offical!

Looks like you have more in common with AndSmithMustScore than you might let on ;)

But really that's where the unions often fall down.

Instead of having some stodgey plump old guy with a moustche as the face of the group, get a vibrant energetic young person who is a marketable commodity to take to the greater masses.

So how do you know how they operate at the grass roots level then if you've had no dealings with them?

No use praising them up if you haven't even experienced them.

My family, and friends keep me updated.

And show me their pay slips.

And tell me how what i experience in my employment is complete and utter bu77sh1t.

Im in a great position to judge.

Im surrounded by scabs 8 hours a day, and quite frankly, their attitudes are ignorant and deplorable. They have no moral structure other than to look out for their own best interests, and end up being behind in pay, and having to take more risks in their work for fear of 'being told off'.

And when they do say something in front of everyone at meetings, they've had their pays cut to lower rates.

First hand experience of what its like to be non-unionised.

And ive worked on union jobs when i was younger, and had no pressure whatsover put on me to join, as they knew i was leaving construction in a few months, yet i still recieved all their benefits, they were very understanding and supportive.

Compared to the twits ive had to deal with on non-union jobs who are only out to get their tasks done, and offer no help, or co-operation with their fellow worker, my dealings with unionised people has taught me that looking after your mates is a very admirable quality indeed.

My family, and friends keep me updated.

And show me their pay slips.

And tell me how what i experience in my employment is complete and utter bu77sh1t.

Im in a great position to judge.

Im surrounded by scabs 8 hours a day, and quite frankly, their attitudes are ignorant and deplorable. They have no moral structure other than to look out for their own best interests, and end up being behind in pay, and having to take more risks in their work for fear of 'being told off'.

And when they do say something in front of everyone at meetings, they've had their pays cut to lower rates.

First hand experience of what its like to be non-unionised.

And ive worked on union jobs when i was younger, and had no pressure whatsover put on me to join, as they knew i was leaving construction in a few months, yet i still recieved all their benefits, they were very understanding and supportive.

Compared to the twits ive had to deal with on non-union jobs who are only out to get their tasks done, and offer no help, or co-operation with their fellow worker, my dealings with unionised people has taught me that looking after your mates is a very admirable quality indeed.

That is also a trait of some unionists to you realise.

I really don't like that word scab at all in fact, as it could be applied to certain elements of unionism too.

The important thing is people are working.

And if they are happy to work for a bit less then that's their choice, they'd obviously rather do that than sit on the dole and thus shouldn't be branded "scabs" for getting off their arses and having a go.

They probably work harder than most union bosses or execs and for a fair bit less.

But if you are in a bad work environemnt then there's a simple solution, quit.

A business won't last long if it constatnly losses good staff.

0,,5512678,00.jpg

No argument from me - they are the reason the Your rights at work campaign had little traction over there

Of course I generalise, it's the nature of the BF beast.

We all do it, whoever says they don't is a liar.

Maybe they would maybe they wouldn't in regards to Roach.

Exposing him might have made him out to be the bad guy, but conversely it might have also created bad publicity for the AWU itself by creating a sitation where members might question who else has their hand in the til.

I wouldn't trust the guy as far as I could kick him so I'll still have to go with he was doing something untoward within the AWU before he got booted.

You have no idea the level of hatred they had for him at the AWU [or maybe you do]. They were sparing nothing in their zeal to get him kicked out mate

You have no idea the level of hatred they had for him at the AWU [or maybe you do]. They were sparing nothing in their zeal to get him kicked out mate

I could understand completely why they would despise the guy.

And i'll take your word for it then.

So why was he kicked out if not for financial shennanigans?

I could understand completely why they would despise the guy.

And i'll take your word for it then.

So why was he kicked out if not for financial shennanigans?

Stealing members mate - no commercial organisation can abide poaching whilst you are employed by them

Stealing members mate - no commercial organisation can abide poaching whilst you are employed by them

Just goes to show his mentality to think he could get away with it.

Then again he did go around to shearing sheds with a 'minder'.

Looked liked he'd draged him straight out of an episode of Underbelly.

Just goes to show his mentality to think he could get away with it.

Then again he did go around to shearing sheds with a 'minder'.

Looked liked he'd draged him straight out of an episode of Underbelly.

The ****ing idiot went around denouncing those who paid him and sponsored him as "sell out dogs" - um - Steve don't take on Bill Ludwig!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back