The Australian Greens - What are they Doing?

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Nope, don't agree and I am sure that the other female parliamentarians who breastfed their baby since don't agree either.
Positive achievement and worth noting.

Stop looking for hidden agendas, sometimes it is what it is.

Still waiting for the other question to be answered.
What is wrong with breast feeding in the workplace?
I'm not getting drawn into your agenda. It is not about the breast feeding
It's about bringing babies and young children into busy work environments for the sole purpose of publicity.

It's about bringing babies and young children into busy work environments for the sole purpose of publicity.
I didn't bring it up you did!

So parliament should be a creche for babies and children?
Board meetings the same?
Truck drivers?
Miners in remote locations?

It was a publicity stunt and nothing more.

Strange you think it was a genuine action by her

Sep 16, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
So the "busyness" of a workplace should be a factor in whether a woman is allowed to breastfeed there or not??? I would spend some time reading up on workplace discrimination if I were you.

We have just renovated one of our offices to allow this exact thing. You may not like it but society has well and truly passed you by, we're there and we ain't going back.

Feel free to join us.

So the "busyness" of a workplace should be a factor in whether a woman is allowed to breastfeed there or not??? I would spend some time reading up on workplace discrimination if I were you.

We have just renovated one of our offices to allow this exact thing. You may not like it but society has well and truly passed you by, we're there and we ain't going back.

Feel free to join us.
That's great, wish I had it in my time, would have saved me quite a sum of money paying for carers/creche.

Sep 16, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
That's great, wish I had it in my time, would have saved me quite a sum of money paying for carers/creche.
You just have to have mature conversations about it and have some give and take on both sides... Yes it can be inconvenient for bosses but its better than losing staff... And the mums also need to know that it's probably not appropriate to have the kids there all day 5 days a week (none of the ones I've seen fall anywhere near this category anyway)

Nov 24, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
https://www.canberratimes.com.au/na...st-the-climate-emergency-20181115-p50g8p.html

10 & 11 year olds?? Fair dinkum spare me.... Older Secondary kids perhaps would understand the complexities of this issue but Primary School kids??? Not a bloody chance this is them doing any sort of "self thought".

"The movement, School Strike 4 Climate Action, has been inspired by a 15-year-old Swedish student, Greta Thunberg, who started boycotting classes before parliamentary elections in her nation on September 9, and continues to skip school every Friday"

Get back to school you little s**t. Is there anyone that actually thinks these kids aren't just saying what they've been trained to say. Rote activism. Most of them would just like the idea of a day off school, I'd reckon.

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney

Feel free to join us.
Just renovated an office...lol

I introduced it 20 years ago in my own company... welcome to modern world my friend.

As stated.. using children and babies as PR props should be called out for what it is

Gawd...always with the Gender card

Why would anyone bring their baby into Parliament or into a loud and pressured work environment?
Was it for the benefit of the baby or the benefit Of Larissa Waters?
From her Bio, nothing more than PR for Larissa
Couldn’t organise childcare or perhaps committed to breast is best and no opportunity to express for that feed.

volcboy

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I am offended by that am I?
Amazing you reached that conclusion based on...your own bias

If you can't see that was nothing more than a publicity stunt you are naive.

Was it positive publicity for breastfeeding? Certainly. Was it designed to send a signal to her female supporters? Of course.

The 'Nothing more than a publicity stunt' shows that you are naive about the idiots that hassle women who breastfeed in public. As a father of two breastfed children, I've seen it firsthand. Maybe one day you'll be lucky enough to learn the lessons that I have. If personal experience is considered 'bias' in your eyes, then so be it.

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Was it positive publicity for breastfeeding? Certainly. Was it designed to send a signal to her female supporters? Of course.

The 'Nothing more than a publicity stunt' shows that you are naive about the idiots that hassle women who breastfeed in public. As a father of two breastfed children, I've seen it firsthand. Maybe one day you'll be lucky enough to learn the lessons that I have. If personal experience is considered 'bias' in your eyes, then so be it.
Again..
I have not railed against breast feeding so you can stop with the false narrative and.
Its nothing to do with breast feeding... which nearly anyone considers as normal.... except apparently some of you guys on this thread who think you are enlightened somehow by announcing to the world what it already knows.

I've stated what my issue was. Try and read what I wrote without adding the extras

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Don't believe you!

Only in your world. LOL!
I dont mind what you believe.
You have repeatedly and over a long period of time mis cast me...
Maybe it's because you dislike nuance...or maybe because for you, dislike of one chocolate flavour means someone must dislike all chocolate. Period.

I'm happy to discuss child care in the work place and will even start a thread about it in the next few days to give my views.

For here though.. as stated... it was nothing more than a publicity stunt to benefit Larissa Waters

I dont mind what you believe.
You have repeatedly and over a long period of time mis cast me...
Maybe it's because you dislike nuance...or maybe because for you, dislike of one chocolate flavour means someone must dislike all chocolate. Period.

I'm happy to discuss child care in the work place and will even start a thread about it in the next few days to give my views.

For here though.. as stated... it was nothing more than a publicity stunt to benefit Larissa Waters
Nah, you always are the same and then resort, you miscast/misunderstood me.

Start whatever thread you wish, I might just avoid it.

Still laughing that your company was so progressive in 1998 and here you are calling it a publicity stunt. LOL!

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Nah, you always are the same and then resort, you miscast/misunderstood me.

Start whatever thread you wish, I might just avoid it.

Still laughing that your company was so progressive in 1998 and here you are calling it a publicity stunt. LOL!
You conflate separate issues... as always.

I hope you dont avoid the thread. You might learn something

You conflate separate issues... as always.

I hope you dont avoid the thread. You might learn something
Not anything from your posts. Still you are good for a laugh.

Bet your company got a lot of publicity in 1998 being so progressive. Is it on your web site in the 'About Us' section, free good publicity after all.

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Not anything from your posts. Still you are good for a laugh.

Bet your company got a lot of publicity in 1998 being so progressive. Is it on your web site in the 'About Us' section, free good publicity after all.
And yet you are learning a lot from my posts tonight.
You must be daft if you think I did it for publicity or virtue signalling...perhaps that is your style.
It was purely for economic benefit and staff retention.. that was the theory anyway... something you might not understand if you haven't run your own business.

The funny thing for me is that you think it is progressive doing it today. It wasnt anything special 20 years ago...
Some of you guys must live a sheltered existence

volcboy

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Again..
I have not railed against breast feeding so you can stop with the false narrative and.
Its nothing to do with breast feeding... which nearly anyone considers as normal.... except apparently some of you guys on this thread who think you are enlightened somehow by announcing to the world what it already knows.

I've stated what my issue was. Try and read what I wrote without adding the extras

"Larissa lives in Brisbane with her partner and two daughters, aged 9 and 1, the youngest being the first child to be breastfed in the federal parliament. She is a vegetarian who loves cooking, reading, music, movies and bushwalking."

Seems an odd thing to put in your bio

You're the one that chose to bring it up and label it 'odd'. Maybe you have the problem?

We think it's normal, you think it is significant enough to pick out of Larissa's bio. Could you explain why that particular issue is more/less important than anything else?

I personally think it is neither here nor there; a non-issue in for any normal individual in the 21st century.

And yet you are learning a lot from my posts tonight.
You must be daft if you think I did it for publicity or virtue signalling...perhaps that is your style.
It was purely for economic benefit and staff retention.. that was the theory anyway... something you might not understand if you haven't run your own business.

The funny thing for me is that you think it is progressive doing it today. It wasnt anything special 20 years ago...
Some of you guys must live a sheltered existence
Yep, I am learning:
  • Waters did it for publicity, whereas your company did it 20 years ago because it was the right thing to do. LOL!!!!!:
  • Not to take anything you post as being true in the future.
  • You backing down from breastfeeding being inappropriate in the workplace,
  • Think it is exploitation of the child.

You keep saying Waters did it for publicity without any evidence, and I have a problem?

Maybe you could learn a thing or two?

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Yep, I am learning:
  • Waters did it for publicity, whereas your company did it 20 years ago because it was the right thing to do. LOL!!!!!:
  • Not to take anything you post as being true in the future.
  • You backing down from breastfeeding being inappropriate in the workplace,
  • Think it is exploitation of the child.

You keep saying Waters did it for publicity without any evidence, and I have a problem?

Maybe you could learn a thing or two?
Do u actually read what I write? I did it for economic reasons... not because of any ethical reason.

You or the other couple of posters introduced the breast feeding outrage argument.

Yes, Waters did it for publicity.. as evidenced by her bio mentioning it.

Yes. You could learn many things if you were able to have an open mind

Back