The Australian Greens - What are they Doing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Do u actually read what I write? I did it for economic reasons... not because of any ethical reason.

You or the other couple of posters introduced the breast feeding outrage argument.

Yes, Waters did it for publicity.. as evidenced by her bio mentioning it.

Yes. You could learn many things if you were able to have an open mind
PMSL so you have just confirmed that you do have an ethical issue with it... You were driven to do it by money...

Just stop... People are just laughing at you now...

You're the one that chose to bring it up and label it 'odd'. Maybe you have the problem?

We think it's normal, you think it is significant enough to pick out of Larissa's bio. Could you explain why that particular issue is more/less important than anything else?

I personally think it is neither here nor there; a non-issue in for any normal individual in the 21st century.
I dont think its bio worthy. She does. Because it's a 1st in a way she can milk publicity from.
You, Maggie and berry have all fallen for it

PMSL so you have just confirmed that you do have an ethical issue with it... You were driven to do it by money...

Just stop... People are just laughing at you now...
You seem confused with what I have said. Never mind...
Carry on with Maggie having a giggle.

This does feel a little odd being on the same side of an argument as a Collingwood supporter....
That will change when we meet QB, might even post on your board although I believe your team has traded very well and you should have a great year.
I feel unclean now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're the one that chose to bring it up and label it 'odd'. Maybe you have the problem?

We think it's normal, you think it is significant enough to pick out of Larissa's bio. Could you explain why that particular issue is more/less important than anything else?

I personally think it is neither here nor there; a non-issue in for any normal individual in the 21st century.
I think he means it is an odd thing to put in ones bio because it is so “normal “ and not an “achievement “. I had thought Jacinta Collins may also have but not made a deal of it; Kirsty Marshall did it in 2003 in Victorian parliament and got in trouble at the time so the media asked some federal pollies about babies in parliament

Can’t copy link off phone but was via abc radio transcript

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11...-need-to-take-good-look-lidia-thorpe/10553616
Victorian election should prompt Greens to take a 'good look at ourselves', losing Northcote MP says
Victorian Greens MP Lidia Thorpe, who looks to have lost the seat of Northcote just one year after winning it in a by-election, says the party needs to seriously review its campaign after suffering a statewide swing against it.

The Greens are expected to lose the seat in Melbourne's inner north as well as four of its five Upper House seats, according to the latest information from the ABC's election computer.

They were also battling to retain the inner-city seat of Prahran, where incumbent MP Sam Hibbins was locked in a tight three-way contest with the Liberal Party and Labor.

I'm very dissapointed in what happened to the Greens.They need to 1/Drastically improve vetting processes for pre-selection 2/Admit fault even though though they shafted by Murdoch press and Andrews 3/Sack Samantha Ratnam as leader in Victoria for poor decision making and leadership 4/Try and recruit some high profile candidates such as Jay Weatherill,Peter Garret, Kerryn Phelps,someone from Labor, an ex Afl footballer ect 5/ Give Adam Bandt more say in matters 6/ Re-focus on the climate change disaster that's about to happen instead of branching out foo far on social justice issues.7/Potentially divorce itself from the NSW greens and 8/Push hard for a Telsa home battery subsidy greater than the smaller Labor offer.

Meh. They've been a mess for a long time now. Ideological purity may be a luxury of the impotent, but even then you pay a steep price for it and that price is the top-down organisational structure of the party. I guess that's fine if you already agree with everything they're saying.

In the ALP, on the other hand, you can have your own views
, you can find yourself a branch that suits you, and you can actually seek to have voice within the party. I understand the Liberal party works somewhat similarly.

I wouldn't say it's idealogical purity, its basically just policy based on data from scientists and social workers ect ,and a desire for a more equitable society.They definately need to criticize each other more, it is a bit of an echo chamber atm in the Greens. I would disagree on people in Labor having there own views,every Labor politician tows the party line every time.I can even remember Penny Wong about 8 years ago ,saying that she was against same sex marriage because the party was.!

I'm very dissapointed in what happened to the Greens.They need to 1/Drastically improve vetting processes for pre-selection 2/Admit fault even though though they shafted by Murdoch press and Andrews 3/Sack Samantha Ratnam as leader in Victoria for poor decision making and leadership 4/Try and recruit some high profile candidates such as Jay Weatherill,Peter Garret, Kerryn Phelps,someone from Labor, an ex Afl footballer ect 5/ Give Adam Bandt more say in matters 6/ Re-focus on the climate change disaster that's about to happen instead of branching out foo far on social justice issues.7/Potentially divorce itself from the NSW greens and 8/Push hard for a Telsa home battery subsidy greater than the smaller Labor offer.
#6 is a hoot

I wouldn't say it's idealogical purity, its basically just policy based on data from scientists and social workers ect ,and a desire for a more equitable society.They definately need to criticize each other more, it is a bit of an echo chamber atm in the Greens. I would disagree on people in Labor having there own views,every Labor politician tows the party line every time.I can even remember Penny Wong about 8 years ago ,saying that she was against same sex marriage because the party was.!

I'm talking about rank and file members. Obviously cabinet and shadow cabinet members are a different story. They put their personal views within cabinet.

Senate suspends Greens leader Richard Di Natale for calling Barry O’Sullivan 'a pig'
Greens leader Richard Di Natale has refused to withdraw calling Nationals senator Barry O'Sullivan a pig, resulting in his suspension from parliament.
Greens leader Richard Di Natale has been suspended from parliament after refusing to withdraw calling Nationals Senator Barry O'Sullivan "a pig".

A fiery exchange broke out in federal parliament on Tuesday when Senator O'Sullivan said there was a "bit of Nick Xenophon in" the Greens' Sarah Hanson-Young.

“There's a bit of [former independent senator] Nick Xenophon in her. I don't mean that to be a double reference, but there's a bit of Xenophon in her,” the Senator said.

The comment attracted the immediate fury of the Greens.

"We have endured on this side days of sexist filth coming from that man. He is a pig and he should consider and reflect on the standards he is adopting in this chamber," a furious Senator Di Natale shouted in response.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/senate-...-di-natale-for-calling-barry-o-sullivan-a-pig

Remove this Banner Ad

Back