Grand Slam The Australian Summer of Tennis 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Alesana

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Hopefully the new variant doesn't throw a spanner in the works for the summer of tennis. But if I've learnt anything from the past 2 years, things can change in a moment in regards to covid and restrictions.
SA would be the biggest concern having increased their HQ for international travelers from 7 to 14 days. If they don't somehow abolish the mandatory HQ for international travelers in the next couple of weeks as originally anticipated, then any tennis there looks unlikely

darklake

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 29, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Novak is planning to play at Australian Open, not sure how he will bypass the mandatory vaccine rules.
He wants to play the Open, obviously..
I very much doubt the Victorian government will apply for the exemption required.

Appears the NSW governnent is prepared to do so - so Novak will be able to play in any NSW tournaments.

Whiskers

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
He is anti covid vax. Blind Freddy can see that.
You're just playing with words.

He is anti vax, he mentioned it years ago.
Doesn’t give his kids any vaccines either.
If he gets the vaccine to play in Melbourne I’ll be very surprised.

yaco55

Hall of Famer
Jul 25, 2007
hong kong
AFL Club
Essendon
Do you think Joker will do two weeks quarantine in Sydney to play the ATP Cup and then not be able to play the Oz Open ?

JackNah_8

Hall of Famer
Jan 15, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
No surprise that he will find a way to get a medical exemption so he can play at the Australian Open. He doesnt want to miss the opportunity of winning another Slam

Bumpswithagrin

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
No surprise that he will find a way to get a medical exemption so he can play at the Australian Open. He doesnt want to miss the opportunity of winning another Slam

I think it's more like there is no way TA and the Victorian govt won't give him an exemption because they don't want to lose him to the tournament.

It's a Mexican stand off. My money is on Novak.

Alesana

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
AO main draw entry lists are out, Djokovic is on there 🤔
I personally couldn't care less if he plays, it's a guy playing a tennis tournament, it makes no difference to my life.

Federer, Pella, Chardy, and Wawrinka not entered. No one missing from the WTA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HODGEYROAD

Brownlow Medallist
May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
AO main draw entry lists are out, Djokovic is on there 🤔
I personally couldn't care less if he plays, it's a guy playing a tennis tournament, it makes no difference to my life.

Federer, Pella, Chardy, and Wawrinka not entered. No one missing from the WTA.

No shock he isn't coming, he had a shocking reaction the vaccine that sidelined him for the remainder of this season after taking it.

Xtreme

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I want to see how he'll get to play. I assume it'll be another instance of Dan being the big bad wolf.... but all for nothing. With how much he flip flops the vaccine mandate will likely disappear before the tournament starts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad