Grand Slam The Australian Summer of Tennis 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Alesana

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Hopefully the new variant doesn't throw a spanner in the works for the summer of tennis. But if I've learnt anything from the past 2 years, things can change in a moment in regards to covid and restrictions.
SA would be the biggest concern having increased their HQ for international travelers from 7 to 14 days. If they don't somehow abolish the mandatory HQ for international travelers in the next couple of weeks as originally anticipated, then any tennis there looks unlikely

Novak is planning to play at Australian Open, not sure how he will bypass the mandatory vaccine rules.
He wants to play the Open, obviously..
I very much doubt the Victorian government will apply for the exemption required.

Appears the NSW governnent is prepared to do so - so Novak will be able to play in any NSW tournaments.

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
No surprise that he will find a way to get a medical exemption so he can play at the Australian Open. He doesnt want to miss the opportunity of winning another Slam

I think it's more like there is no way TA and the Victorian govt won't give him an exemption because they don't want to lose him to the tournament.

It's a Mexican stand off. My money is on Novak.

Alesana

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
AO main draw entry lists are out, Djokovic is on there 🤔
I personally couldn't care less if he plays, it's a guy playing a tennis tournament, it makes no difference to my life.

Federer, Pella, Chardy, and Wawrinka not entered. No one missing from the WTA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
AO main draw entry lists are out, Djokovic is on there 🤔
I personally couldn't care less if he plays, it's a guy playing a tennis tournament, it makes no difference to my life.

Federer, Pella, Chardy, and Wawrinka not entered. No one missing from the WTA.

No shock he isn't coming, he had a shocking reaction the vaccine that sidelined him for the remainder of this season after taking it.

Haha. Loophole he is trying to use to play in the Oz Open won't work - according to Vic government. What will Djoker try next?
Perhaps using his enormous wealth to pay someone to fake his vaccine status.
Stay tuned folks!!

Haha. Loophole he is trying to use to play in the Oz Open won't work - according to Vic government. What will Djoker try next?
Perhaps using his enormous wealth to pay someone to fake his vaccine status.
Stay tuned folks!!
Lol that's probably the next step, using a fake vaccine certificate

Back