The axis of ordinary - Atley, Macmillan, McKenzie

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the problem is most of this backline bought into Scott's ideology of "if you can't buy house after footy, you've failed" a little too seriously....

They got their house, they got engaged/married and it's like they've checked out and they're satisfied with their output. It's like they have zero intent on improving their game outside match review meetings and the weekly main training session.

Based on your fireside chats with them?

I think the problem is most of this backline bought into Scott's ideology of "if you can't buy house after footy, you've failed" a little too seriously....

They got their house, they got engaged/married and it's like they've checked out and they're satisfied with their output. It's like they have zero intent on improving their game outside match review meetings and the weekly main training session.
True, all got pretty good lives and probably quite happy and satisfied with themselves.

I don't recall Freeborn running in space, then turning around and handballing 45 degrees backwards. It's Atley's signature move.

About the time just after Snake_Baker joined we had a discussion about Ats and how his running lacked support around him and often good movement in front of him as well.

I don't remember him doing that as often in the last 18 months/35 games or thereabouts. Especially up forward.

I'm sure Freeborn used to do it all the time - don't you remember?:p

Brilliant thread. Good bump.

This was originally posted in 2016, the year Jason Johannisen's dash off half back helped the Dogs to win a flag.

Who do we have in our back half who can run and kick a goal?

Atley has done it once or twice in the past. Pretty sure he did it in a final once upon a time.

Beyond that, we get nothing out of our back six offensively. Nothing.

Nothing has changed in 3 years.

Disgusting
We have the worst small and medium fwds and backs in comp
It’s where every team gets their run, creativity and sheer brilliance
We need a clean out and try and trade out a few then attack the draft and try and find a few in the state leagues
Got to at least try rather than picking the same plodders each year

McDonald would be Captain-Coach.
Still, at least he is consistent in that he is incredibly poor every week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I’d give to be ordinary right now….

I remember detesting how we'd have 3-4 losses (under Scott or Laidley) then turn up to play only after copping a bit of heat in the media.

We'd then come out roaring, get a good lead on a s**t opponent, only to let them back in for an ultimately forgettable win.

A forgettable win would be like a blissful dream right now.

What I’d give to be ordinary right nowi
I remember detesting how we'd have 3-4 losses (under Scott or Laidley) then turn up to play only after copping a bit of heat in the media.

We'd then come out roaring, get a good lead on a s**t opponent, only to let them back in for an ultimately forgettable win.

A forgettable win would be like a blissful dream right now.

I remember in 2012 beating the Suns up there in a forgettable game by 7 points

I was so pissed off, it was 2 weeks after the Buddy 13 game and I was furious with them celebrating such an awful win.

I'd go missing for 3 days on a bender now if we managed to beat the Suns up there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back