Remove this Banner Ad

Engimal v3

AAAAAAAAHH AAAAAAgoblins insIDe me getAAAAHHH AHHH
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tasmania
My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark.Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds.
campaigner, I literally just had this in my clipboard to paste here lol

Over The Post

Perrottet's Spiritual Advisor
Nov 17, 2007
Bikini Atoll
AFL Club
Richmond
My father was a campaigner. But being a kid, I didn't know that, and thought all dads were like mine. So I loved him without knowing why. He died when I was 18. That was 40 years ago and I still have him hanging over my shoulder.

I guess my mum had her own problems dealing with him but it resulted in me being neglected and I've never been close to her. Which I regret and I still get annoyed sometimes when she rings and I don't want to talk. It's only the last couple of years that I've said "love you" before hanging up but its more out of politeness and I don't want to upset her.

And when all the kids were having coco pops and milo and ovaltine she bought me... ******* Aktavite.

Engimal v3

AAAAAAAAHH AAAAAAgoblins insIDe me getAAAAHHH AHHH
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tasmania
Mum was always great, and I thought dad was a campaigner growing up. He was a bit at the time, he had a hard time understanding my interests and personality. We ended up bonding over North as I got a bit older and he's one of my best mates now.

Gough

Sep 29, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Mum was always great, and I thought dad was a campaigner growing up. He was a bit at the time, he had a hard time understanding my interests and personality. We ended up bonding over North as I got a bit older and he's one of my best mates now.
It depends what day of the week is whether my old man and I are on good terms. I think ten years is our record for not talking.

Over The Post

Perrottet's Spiritual Advisor
Nov 17, 2007
Bikini Atoll
AFL Club
Richmond
Sorry to hear, but glad you have been able to move on. Maybe in time they'll realise what they did and what they're missing out on and will attempt to reconnect to say sorry. Those thoughts come to those who are older.

radiojake

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
The older I've got the luckier I realise I am with the folks I lucked out with - always been supportive, never put undue pressure on myself or brother to live up to any kind of stupid societal expectations, and best of all I've lived interstate to them both for over a decade (Dad in SA, Mum in Qld) so I never deal with that monotonous every day stuff with them and if I do see them it's normally a holiday or event situation so it's always good vibes

MatthewB

fair call mate but we are still alive in the quady
Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants
my wife's mum has cut her out of her life, which means her dad has cut her out of his life, my wife only recently told me her mum would send her nasty messages every now and then, no idea what was in them, but have a fair idea, mil is drinking a lot more and can be nastier when drunk, good thing we dont see them, feel sorry for her sister who still lives at home

The Sultan

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2007
Rand McNally
AFL Club
Carlton
To those who had poor parental role models I feel for you, try not to pass on tot he next generation.
For me me dad died when I was young and mum my grandmother raised me and my siblings as best as they could, she worked long hours.

What’s sucked, im now somewhat distant and not very good and showing emotions, but lucky have understanding partner who understands this and some how still loves me.

What was good, by 16 I did my own washing, cleaning and was able to cook my own dinner etc.

As a parent i do me best, try and give my kids plenty of love and spend time with them… fingers crossed I Havnt f-ed them up. So far so good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Upgrayedd

A Vote for Clive is a Vote for Justice
Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Good.

I had a pretty average upbringing, Im not going to pretend that they were perfect, didn't make mistakes, I didnt get things that other kids got, Infact i remember being involved in a police raid when I was younger. Some other things.

Can't argue that I wasnt loved, Or they worked hard. My dad would of probably just preferred to stay in a regional sh*t-hole town, Surf every day and work 3 days a week. Still loved me, Still got driven to play basketball once a week as a little sh*thead kid.

Shell

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
No kids in my immediate family- just turned out that way. Sometimes I feel guilty/bad that my mum will never become a Grandmother, cause she'd be an amazing one. But she never lets on she's disappointed so I suppose that's one thing I should be thankful for.

The family name doesnt die out tho- the name is carried on via my Uncles (RIP) two sons both having kids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad