The backline.

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor Taz. That was some of the most appalling defending I've ever seen. Laughable at times. More often than seems logical.
When you've got slow midfielders that can't put any pressure on delivery it makes it a hard day as a defender.

Last edited:

Dont have any defensive smalls. BMac, Atley and Mullet cant defend. And JMac shits himself when things get physical.

McDonald and Wright are the only defensive smalls on our list. Missing them both.

Taz deserves better. Thompson is a joke, nowhere near the level required.

I reckon Atley can play, but needs to be unlocked somehow.
Maybe in 10 years well see what the big turing point was, but atm, not sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont have any defensive smalls. BMac, Atley and Mullet cant defend. And JMac shits himself when things get physical.

McDonald and Wright are the only defensive smalls on our list. Missing them both.

Taz deserves better. Thompson is a joke, nowhere near the level required.

Sad but true about Thompson.
Followed him from his Geelong axing and he was a favourite of mine for a long time.
His demise is staggering. He needs a heart-to-heart with Brad about what he hopes to achieve in the next 18 months and whether we can help him do it.

As said, he's not AFL standard at the moment and he needs to let us know if he can reach that level again

Agree with all this except JMac - I used to be a hater, but he's a handy player and an important part of a functional back 6
I'm not a hater, I just think there are too many times when he does stupid things. The spoil into the corridor 20 out today was a perfect example. He's also got a shocking habit of spending time directing everyone else and forgetting to position himself. He should/could be our Enright but he just doesn't have the smarts at the moment.

One of our biggest problems is that we pick players who are too similar. Thompson and Firrito are basically the same player and we only need one who can play that role. Same with Mullet and BMac. It gives us zero flexibility and makes us way too slow.

How ******* long have we got Tarrant singed on for? Hopefully a while, because I wouldn't blame him for walking out the door tomorrow if the chance came.

One of our biggest problems is that we pick players who are too similar. Thompson and Firrito are basically the same player and we only need one who can play that role. Same with Mullet and BMac. It gives us zero flexibility and makes us way too slow.
except firrito is a good few inches shorter than thompson....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back