Solved The Backpacker Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

I've encounteted some strange coincidences and interactions related to some notorious Australian crimes.

I met a former resident of BVE's unit back in the early 90's, he brought home a Mothers Day card drawn by him, quite an artist.

A friends partner knew either JR or KG of the Adelaide Oval case.

My Wife grew up in the next st to where Geoff Adams murdered and buried his Wife Colleen, multiple times a day i walked past that house less than 30m from where she had lay hidden for 20yrs at that time.

My Brother lived across the road from one of the barrels killers when they we're arrested, my Nephew was approached in the Elizabeth shopping centre to audition for the film Snowtown and my eldest Son played junior footy with the kid playing the skill tester in the opening scenes of the film.
A relative dated the Son of John Lewis, the owner of Bulls Transport, it was one of his trucks that stopped to pick up Peter Falconio's girlfriend Joanna Lee's.

Strange hey

I've encounteted some strange coincidences and interactions related to some notorious Australian crimes.

I met a former resident of BVE's unit back in the early 90's, he brought home a Mothers Day card drawn by him, quite an artist.

A friends partner knew either JR or KG of the Adelaide Oval case.

My Wife grew up in the next st to where Geoff Adams murdered and buried his Wife Colleen, multiple times a day i walked past that house less than 30m from where she had lay hidden for 20yrs at that time.

My Brother lived across the road from one of the barrels killers when they we're arrested, my Nephew was approached in the Elizabeth shopping centre to audition for the film Snowtown and my eldest Son played junior footy with the kid playing the skill tester in the opening scenes of the film.
A relative dated the Son of John Lewis, the owner of Bulls Transport, it was one of his trucks that stopped to pick up Peter Falconio's girlfriend Joanna Lee's.

Strange hey

That's quite a few coincidences and to some really notorious crimes. The Snowtown murders were the worst, for me anyway in seeing a group of people so willing to such sadistic cruelty, how do these freaks find each other or become so influenced by a stronger character that presumably was Bunting? The bloke is short, lumpy and pasty faced with zero charisma that I could see. Not one of them turned in all that time or tried to stop it, they would have just kept going.

That's quite a few coincidences and to some really notorious crimes. The Snowtown murders were the worst, for me anyway in seeing a group of people so willing to such sadistic cruelty, how do these freaks find each other or become so influenced by a stronger character that presumably was Bunting? The bloke is short, lumpy and pasty faced with zero charisma that I could see. Not one of them turned in all that time or tried to stop it, they would have just kept going.

Happened right on my doorstep virtually, infact my friend, who's partener knew one of the AO girls, used to deliver pizza in the Smithfield area near Haydon's house, he knew the group as they would often hang around the shop.
I remember seeing some of the characters around the Salisbury/Elizabeth/Smithfield area back in the early to mid 90's.
Have you seen Snowtown, i also know the girl who's in the kitchen scene holdinv the baby.
I saw it at the Reading cinema at the Elizabeth shopping centre and it was quite disturbing to see people i knew in it and then walk outside to see the same disadvantaged demographic as portrayed in the film right in front of me.

Yeah i dont believe in ghosts or anything but i do believe in perhaps bad karma.. just something. Not shocked in the slightest the place gave you the creeps.

Re tours the Jack the Ripper tour in London is fantastic. Also Geelong Gaol- more of a haunted angle.. but still would recommend.

The haunted melb city tour is sh*t.

Forgot about this as well, I didn't pay a real lot of attention to it at the time but it might have unconsciously set me on edge a bit. When I let the dog out of the car in the forest, he didn't go off for a wander and do his thing. He just stood there like he was on the job so I took him off the track a bit to have a sniff around and I looked down and saw the edge of something covered by a bit of brush, it was someone's license. An older guy with an Italian surname. Nothing else was there, as in papers or rubbish. I got pulled over by the cops out on the highway later so I handed it over and told them where I found it.

Yeah thats a tad creepy. Animals know more than humans too imo.. they got a real sixth sense.

Fwiw someone on the geelong board claims.. oh yeah! That he maybe got a lift with Ivan Milat.. dunno when. But yeah him and another one. Said the men were strange af but yeah couldn't be 100% as it was years ago.

Yeah thats a tad creepy. Animals know more than humans too imo.. they got a real sixth sense.

Fwiw someone on the geelong board claims.. oh yeah! That he maybe got a lift with Ivan Milat.. dunno when. But yeah him and another one. Said the men were strange af but yeah couldn't be 100% as it was years ago.

There were quite a few reports of people getting a lift with Milat where they got safely out of the car, probably similar to the Claremont serial killer. Some made it out of the car and safely home, others didn't and unless he talks we won't know why. For some reason or another, he let them go.

There were quite a few reports of people getting a lift with Milat where they got safely out of the car, probably similar to the Claremont serial killer. Some made it out of the car and safely home, others didn't and unless he talks we won't know why. For some reason or another, he let them go.
Probably practicing. I know Ed Kemper did that 100%. To perfect his technique talking to hitchhikers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happened right on my doorstep virtually, infact my friend, who's partener knew one of the AO girls, used to deliver pizza in the Smithfield area near Haydon's house, he knew the group as they would often hang around the shop.
I remember seeing some of the characters around the Salisbury/Elizabeth/Smithfield area back in the early to mid 90's.
Have you seen Snowtown, i also know the girl who's in the kitchen scene holdinv the baby.
I saw it at the Reading cinema at the Elizabeth shopping centre and it was quite disturbing to see people i knew in it and then walk outside to see the same disadvantaged demographic as portrayed in the film right in front of me.

One of the reasons why Snowtown did so well I think, it was organic. It was that truthy, I still haven't been able to sit right through it. I've got plans to watch Port Arthur when that comes out but listening to a pod recently, apparently extreme animal cruelty features heavily through Martin Bryant's childhood and growing into adulthood so I might wait until I see the reviews before checking in to that. Not that I think it shouldn't be made, its just a personal thing I'm too sensitive to violence against animals and children.

One of the reasons why Snowtown did so well I think, it was organic. It was that truthy, I still haven't been able to sit right through it. I've got plans to watch Port Arthur when that comes out but listening to a pod recently, apparently extreme animal cruelty features heavily through Martin Bryant's childhood and growing into adulthood so I might wait until I see the reviews before checking in to that. Not that I think it shouldn't be made, its just a personal thing I'm too sensitive to violence against animals and children.
Srs.

Ive watched Snowtown like 6 times. Ill lend you my copy if u want

ah haaa I tried it every way, through fingers over my eyes, then I shut them, fast forwarding through the bad bits and then I tried with no sound. Nothing worked.

Oh yeah totally get that- the fingernail scene, i tried and tried to keep my eyes open the whole time. Nup- there were some points i just couldnt. Something about nails... would be on of the worst ways to be tortured

Ah sorry.. nah no violence towards children.. ? Some to animals but happens off screen

Bunting put a blow torch on a dog once apparently. Not sure I could be trusted if I had a gun and saw something like that irl, I'd probably shake though and accidentally hit him the head going for a shoulder. ops.

Bunting put a blow torch on a dog once apparently. Not sure I could be trusted if I had a gun and saw something like that irl, I'd probably shake though and accidentally hit him the head going for a shoulder. ops.

Yeah in the film he shoots it, off camera.

There should be a special place in hell for the following ppl: terrorists, pedos and animal torturers

Read a very interesting (yet disgusting) article on beastiality and it is more common than youd think. Vets see.. lets just say internal injuries, and dogs just traumatized and.. ugh its just next level.

They should be in jail for years for a crime like that. Not months. Not Community orders all that rubbish most (other) animal abusers get.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back