Review The Bad, The Ugly and The Ok- Crows v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
I personally reckon he's better in the middle or up forward than down back. Where are they actually playing him, because it isn't obvious. Do they even know?

His best games have been off of the HBF - that's where I'd leave him for now; push Smith into the midfield.

But, as has been discussed, it seems like he's shunted everywhere at the moment - forward, middle, back, without rhyme or reason.

Another wasted season of potential development for one of our key youngsters.

arrowman

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
His best games have been off of the HBF - that's where I'd leave him for now; push Smith into the midfield.

But, as has been discussed, it seems like he's shunted everywhere at the moment - forward, middle, back, without rhyme or reason.

Another wasted season of potential development for one of our key youngsters.
Many/most mids will have 2 roles: mid+HBF, mid+HFF. Some e.g. Crouches would be mid+bench.

Smith is mid+HBF
Sloane is mid+HFF, maybe, but mostly bench.
Milera is mid+HBF. IMO He's better when running through the ball.

So don't stuff him around.

Jul 17, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Ogilvie saying he craves tall athletic mid/outside speed.

Geez our coaches are dumb. As far as I’m concerned Milera is the elite, ready to play mid, talent that we crave.

But every week we start with 3 good solid vanilla mids with limited ability to burst through with skill.

Milera should be starting mid each and every week...give the kid some belief!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta

Round 21 Team of the Week
B: Nick Vlastuin (Richmond), Daniel Talia (Adelaide), Tom Jonas (Port Adelaide)
HB: Darcy Byrne-Jones (Port Adelaide), James Sicily (Hawthorn), Kade Simpson (Carlton)
C: Isaac Smith (Hawthorn), Josh Dunkley (Western Bulldogs), Jack Macrae (Western Bulldogs)
HF: Jack Graham (Richmond), Jack Darling (West Coast), Jack Steven (St Kilda)
F: Charlie Cameron (Brisbane), Darcy Fogarty (Adelaide), Brody Mihocek (Collingwood)
FOL: Brodie Grundy (Collingwood), Nat Fyfe (Fremantle), James Worpel (Hawthorn)
INT: Matt Crouch (Adelaide), Dion Prestia (Richmond), Quinton Narkle (Geelong), Elliot Yeo (West Coast)
Crows in the AFL.com.au Team of the Week:
R1 – Nil
R2 - B. Crouch
R3 – Nil
R4 - A. Keath
R5 - B. Smith, E. Betts
R6 – R. Laird, A. Keath, T. Walker
R7 - M. Crouch
R8 - A. Keath, T. Lynch
R9 - Nil
R10 - C. Ellis-Yolmen
R11 - R. Laird, T. Lynch, B. Crouch
R12 - R. Laird, B. Crouch
R13 - R. O’Brien, B. Crouch
R14 - BYE
R15 - Nil
R16 - Nil
R17 - W. Milera, E. Betts
R18 - R. O’Brien, B. Smith
R19 - Nil
R20 - R. Laird, T. Walker, M. Crouch
R21 - D. Talia, D. Fogarty, M. Crouch

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Missed the Saints/Eagles games while in Outback NSW on biz. Doubt that I missed much.
Even so, I didn't watch the highlights on the AFC site (although I might watch Fog's 5 goals, if there). Didn't watch Pyke's pressers. Don't care any more what he has to say.
If Pyke makes some pro-youth changes this week I'll watch the Collingwood game.

If the Crows miss the 8, they will have deserved it. If they make the 8, I expect them to get knocked out first week. Back in 2017, I thought we'd be a strong chance for one or maybe even 2 more Flags by now.
That dream's shattered. 2018 and 2019 are dead to me, and I foresee several mediocre years ahead until we have a major, independent, external review and clean out all of the dead wood.
When a group of us were celebrating the back-to-back in '98, my niece was talking hat-trick. I told her to savour the moment, soak up the 2 Flags because it might be 20 years before we got a third Flag.

Little did I know ... :sob::sob::sob:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back