The Bailey Ladder Predictor: Where do you have us finishing?

The Bailey Ladder Predictor: Where do you have us finishing?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Egga

Cancelled
North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2016 Daw & Anderson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Nov 10, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The Bailey Ladder Predictor enables you to predict results from the remainder of the season and produces a ladder after round 23 and a finals fixture.

I've just had a go and see us finishing 7th and playing Essington in the first week of the finals (who finish ahead of us on percentage). This is based on us losing one game (to Collingwood). If we lose two games, the predictor has us finishing 8th. Any more than this and we miss out.

http://www.afl.com.au/bailey ladder predictor/tabid/13046/default.aspx

1. Sydney
2. Adelaide
3. Hawthorn
4. Collingwood
5. West Coast
6. North Melbourne
7. St Kilda
8. Essendon

I have us winning all remaining games except the Collingwood game.

14 wins and 6th.

We draw Geelong in the elimination final. (win)

Adelaide in the semi. (win)

Hawthorn in the prelim. (au revoir 2012)

14 wins and 6th.

came up with a similar result after correction of planet alignment.

6th vs Geelong (loss)

Sorry guys, I am a pessimist

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide are the most over-hyped side in the competition.

They couldn't even beat an injury riddled Geelong.

14 wins and 6th.

Our record intersate is pretty terrible. And AAMI is a very hard ground for visiting sides to win at.
I can't stand Adelaide but looking at it objectively and if you had to put your house on the result (which would remove any bias) you'd be picking Adelaide every time.
The only interstate side I wouldn't care about playing is Sydney. Because their 'home ground' advantage would basically be non-existent as their finals are played at a ground they barely play at and not the very difficult to negotiate ground that suits our game style less than any other SCG. Would be close to a neutral game.

Playing West Coast in Round 1 (if we make it) is my worst case scenario in the finals. Hopefully they do the right thing by us and beat Freo and Geelong over the next two weeks which will also go a long way to ensuring they don't finish 5th.

Adelaide are the most over-hyped side in the competition.

They couldn't even beat an injury riddled Geelong.
Geelong would beat most sides at SS. Even with a couple out and even if they're a fading force (but they're certainly not done yet).
Adelaide's effort was pretty good, all things considered.

Best case scenario for us is
1. a week 1 final in Melbourne - obviously finishing 6th and Freo 7th would be perfect but very unlikely. so really I'd take any final in Melbourne.
2. a week 2 final either v Sydney at Stadium Australia or against Collingwood. (could only be Collingwood or Hawthorn - Melbourne clubs losing first round who made top 4)

But I'd just be happy to make the finals as things stand and a first round exit or not it would be a step forward for the club.

Back