Roast "The Banana Incident"

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry, Sander's they are not baseless. As for the highlighted part. You do understand it was reported to a Port official and also a stadium official on the night.
Also, this issue is not about you or me it about doing the right thing for Football, and yet you still want to argue rather than give it a rest for one night and do the right thing for Football. Believe it or not, sometimes we need to take a step back and just do what's right. if you cannot do that then I honestly feel sorry for you,

You're not credible so you need to stop thinking you can get away with "I believe" or "people I trust"

You don't have sufficient credibility to make an argument based on those flimsy assertions

"Allegedly" an allegation was made long after the event, long after it can be proven or verified.

has there been any official confirmation that a formal complaint has been made? Or any explanation as to why nothing was said by anyone at all, when it might have been possible to verify?

Every Nationality has a term used against it throughout the world we see all different names called which are meant to hurt these races Germans as jar Heads, English as poms, French as Frogs, Greek and Italians as Wogs and there are whole lot more when you think of the latins, Asians, Africans . So no person goes unaffected. Im not sure but White Australians tend to have got away without one, maybe skippy, but we simply dont take offence to it, well I dont anyway if I was not in my country and felt it hard to fit into a different culture maybe I would, who knows

I thought Germans were Krauts. At my school, Greeks were Wogs and Italians were Dagoes.

I'm saying there is no evidence on the basis you or your club can't provide any

There is therefore NO EVIDENCE

As you've got nothing, you've got nothing.

It's a clumsy hoax for gullible people
The club hasn't provided evidence. It doesn't mean it doesn't have evidence.

It hasn't provided any evidence on the vilification of Betts either.

Police don't publicly release evidence relating to criminal matters unless it's legal and in the public interest to do so.

The club clearly doesn't feel it's in anyone's best interest to release that information, or they legally aren't allowed to.

Whether it's true or not, fighting it or demanding to see proof would have achieved nothing. Just made us look like apologists. The message both clubs have put out there today has merit and was needed, whether there were any racist comments made about Ryder or not.

Absolutely.

But it's a valid challenge to ask why there are so often unverifiable events, suspiciously raised late in the day, by Port, always in response to what one of their supporters has done

It's a repeating pattern.

No one heard
No one saw
No one said or did anything

But it happened to us too.

They're just throwing s**t at a wall and hoping the smell distracts attention away from themselves

The club hasn't provided evidence. It doesn't mean it doesn't have evidence.

It hasn't provided any evidence on the vilification of Betts either.

Police don't publicly release evidence relating to criminal matters unless it's legal and in the public interest to do so.

The club clearly doesn't feel it's in anyone's best interest to release that information, or they legally aren't allowed to.

So you have NFI about something you confidently assert is true?

Just where we started from.

100% correct! Well reasoned argument as usual!

My sources at PAFC say there has been a massive falling out between Ryder and the club re: the club lying about Ryder being racially abused. As a result Ryder will not play this week, might not play ever again. I guess we'll know for sure tomorrow but usually my sources are spot on.

So Ryder heard the abuse or his family heard the abuse? And no one said anything?

Or did it purple monkey dishwasher it's way to them after the event direct from your PR dept?

Spending time with my colleagues in Basketball and tennis the last few weeks, I am not shocked in the least the behaviour occurs.

I don't think you have to be hardcore racist to say terrible things, you just have to be a douchebag that believes these actions "aren't that bad, they're just words". The "harden up" attitude.

A lot of the comments from colleagues might not lend them to actually make these comments directly at people, but it's exactly the thoughts hundreds if not 1000s are thinking in the crowd. Throw in a bit of alcohol or some tribal aggression and that will tip someone over the edge to spewing bile and getting caught.

I've heard "I'm going to throw a banana at paddy Ryder this weekend", "being called ape isn't that bad" and "the banana being thrown was pretty funny" from people I'm happy to call friends. It's pretty confronting.

So you have NFI about something you confidently assert is true?

Just where we started from.
Do you really think the club, or any club would make up a racial slur incident against one of their own players? And that Ryder would be happy to go along with it?

Do you really think the club, or any club would make up a racial slur incident against one of their own players? And that Ryder would be happy to go along with it?
I don't think any club would allow a racial slur against one of their own players go, choosing to take no further action. I would think they'd push for an investigation.

Calling Fagan "****" like "Fages, huh, more like ****" would be utterly and unequivocally homophobic.

I assume this poster copped a few weeks off for this enequivocal homophobic slur?

No, our club and player have made a statement as to the fact that he was abused racially at the game. Our club didn't ignore the crows and Betts's allegation, we responded. **** refuses to make a statement regarding abuse towards Ryder, ignoring an opportunity to make a united stance with us. Instead Fagan has made a business decision that it is better for his sponsors and business opportunities to have Port tarnished as the media likes rather than actually making a difference.

If Fagan was fair dinkum he would back our club and stand with us. But that means accepting that crows supporters have a few bad eggs too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you've have banned one supporter from games because of their actions - rightly

What's the difference do you think? How did that happen?

Because a whole bunch of things happened then that mysteriously didn't happen on this occasion

why is that?

But seriously, here's the double standards.

CrowsB4hoes is perfectly fine, but #godhatesfages isn't?

But it's the same logic applied that leads to "Poort Power are all racist and fabricate news about us because of jealousy“

Even your moral high ground is steeped in toxic run-off from a sloppy seconds catchment

I thought he was an avid gardener who loves the crows first and foremost.

Has this been posted?

Very nice work from both clubs.

If only their supporters were as classy. It might just be me but I don't feel like Paddy looks overly comfortable being there.

Would be a tough time for him but he just doesn't front the camera well.

I don't think any club would allow a racial slur against one of their own players go, choosing to take no further action. I would think they'd push for an investigation.

They would certainly push for an investigation

Provided they weren't clutching at straws in the first place for cynical PR purposes

If there were any basis of course they would go as hard as they could.

All clubs would

But seriously, here's the double standards.

CrowsB4hoes is perfectly fine, but #godhatesfages isn't?

But it's the same logic applied that leads to "Poort Power are all racist and fabricate news about us because of jealousy“

Even your moral high ground is steeped in toxic run-off from a sloppy seconds catchment
Playing with Fire my friend. I'm loved around these parts. Loved.

What I presume has happened outside of the limelight.

So a club is choosing to keep it all hush hush, and not even publicly mention such an investigation when it is standard operating procedure to announce such measures as part of a zero tolerance policy?

You could interpret that as an abrogation of duties if you had an agenda

But there is a much simpler explanation

[

What section of the ground was the Crows racist in? Why didn't anyone, apart from the Port Official report it or take a photo or video of them, we had a few of the banana lady? How did they get away from the ground without being detected in any way? Why did KT on 5AA tonight say he heard about the Ryder racism through social media when a Port Official heard it?

If this happened the person needs to identify themselves, lose their membership and meet with Patrick Ryder for a conversation and offer an apology.

I am struggling to see how not one other witness has come forward to corroborate the story or even give a description of this person, what part of the ground it happened in, who they were sitting with etc. If someone near me was racially vilifying a player I would take a photo report them and tell them to shut up at the very least.

Nail, hammer, head, Doc. Wouldn't be difficult to call the cctv footage in to identify the bloke--if it happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back