The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I can appreciate a high abv west coast style IPA but the juice bombs top out at around 6-7 for me. They are already full bodied enough and the ethanol burn just detracts from the juiciness

This is streets ahead of Imperial Biggie and one of the best hazys I've had. Happens to be a double

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20201101165745168_COVER.jpg

Heard Mane and Besk got Mountain Culture in this weekend. Went down and grabbed one of each as mates over east tell me that they're the ****. Not wrong! Do yourself a favour and get a can of either Cult Juice or 568 WC IPA. ******* sublime! Even the pale ale was mind blowing
Thanks for the tip - I'll defo take a look.

Does Besk sell takeaways around bottleshop prices or like a pub/restaurant?

Dropped into the Hami Hill Cellarbrations, been driving past for the couple of years I've been living in Freo and never knew it was craftie heaven. (thanks Dan) Thought I'd taste/compare two newish old school brews ( you know what I mean) Daintons Overdrive West Coast IPA and the Cheeky Monkee East Coast IPA.
The Dainton surprisingly was an old school straight down the line west coaster, big dark piney resin with a lingering bitterness and firm head I liked it but I'm not going to drink it all night, a couple is enough.
The Cheeky was hazy and juicy and fruitier than the Dainton, couldn't put my finger on it, maybe canned pineapple with a bit of grapefruit, the head was lacy and died quickly which is a shame, I love drinking the first couple of chugs of beer through a good head (insert joke here) but all in all I'm giving it the nod over the Dainton.

Last edited:
In other news Running With Thieves had a bar in their car park open as part of the little street festival that happened in Sth Terrace on Sunday, had a slurp of their hazy IPA which was pleasant enough, their brew bar will be opening the beginning of December they informed me, which is something to look forward too. "when too much craft beer is barely enough" to paraphase Roy and HG.

In other news Running With Thieves had a bar in their car park open as part of the little street festival that happened in Sth Terrace on Sunday, had a slurp of their hazy IPA which was pleasant enough, their brew bar will be opening the beginning of December they informed me, which is something to look forward too. "when too much craft beer is barely enough" to paraphase Roy and HG.

I've been driving past RWT daily just waiting for them to rip down that black plastic from the windows. Sounds like they're miles behind early goals of September..

As for that Cheeky Monkey ECIPA, it just bagged a best in show award.

Such a good location for a brewery but everything I’ve tried from them so far has been rubbish bar possibly a hazy pale I had. Haven’t had that hazy IPA you talk about so hopefully that’s better than what I’ve had as it’ll be a ripper little place to kick up at for a drink

Such a good location for a brewery but everything I’ve tried from them so far has been rubbish bar possibly a hazy pale I had. Haven’t had that hazy IPA you talk about so hopefully that’s better than what I’ve had as it’ll be a ripper little place to kick up at for a drink

My local keeps getting me to try them but have had all their range and it’s very hit and miss.

Heard Mane and Besk got Mountain Culture in this weekend. Went down and grabbed one of each as mates over east tell me that they're the ****. Not wrong! Do yourself a favour and get a can of either Cult Juice or 568 WC IPA. ******* sublime! Even the pale ale was mind blowing
Thanks for the tip!

I went past Besk on my way home earlier this week and picked up a 4 pack of the Cult Juice - it is a really good beer. And so fresh! (pkd 30 Oct). They have a great range there and you were right about the prices.

They were all out of the WC IPA so I splurged out on their limitled release Be Kind Rewind. Saving that for this weekend but apparently it's also pretty good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the tip!

I went past Besk on my way home earlier this week and picked up a 4 pack of the Cult Juice - it is a really good beer. And so fresh! (pkd 30 Oct). They have a great range there and you were right about the prices.

They were all out of the WC IPA so I splurged out on their limitled release Be Kind Rewind. Saving that for this weekend but apparently it's also pretty good.
Cult Juice is ******* crazy good. Especially considering it's core range (I think). Be Kind Rewind could be one of the best beers I've had this year. Drank mine last night. Bloody outrageous!

And Rock Juice is a great beer. I tried this on the weekend at a mates. Personally not really into those massive 10% IPA's as they absolutely roll me but it's a bloody well put together monster of a beer that's for sure

Yeah that's the drawback most of their range is a bit underwhelming. They kinda market themselves as non wanky beer, beer to drink around the barbie rather than compare tasting notes. The hazy IPA off the tap was ok but not going to blow many socks off.

Tried these tonight.a dad from my sons bball team was raving about the blasta one.not too bad
And i do like my sours so the other 1 was good too
dbf47610152bf8278370718059e16191.jpg
38a61811f626c508cfbcdd2f4eac0025.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Opening Friday, mate.

20201202_174211.jpg I
India Helles lager from Otherside.
Was a shock to the taste buds, took a minute to figure out what was going on.
German lager with grapefruit and blood orange and IPA like bitterness on the finish, I think I like it, yeah I definitely like it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back