The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

4 pines have just discontinued the hefeweizen. They won't make any more. If you can get your hands on the Hargreaves Hill Hefeweizen. Not sure if that's easy for you guys to get in WA as it's from the Yarra Valley here in Vic.

We don get it here that I have seen. I had to get some sent over from Slow Beer not too long ago.

7bbd561e8c4f098910b541cb921ed2d7.jpg

Small ale and slippers. Could you go wrong?

20 years behind the city, sounds about right.
After breaking the back of the carton of sleeping giant (only 6 left), I realised I've been unkind to my home town. Blackwood Valley Brewing Company do an alright job at a craft batching, it just that you just can't buy 'em anywhere but from the tap and I never get out. Mark the brewer is a nice guy too and the cider is quaffable.

Last Drop do a nice hefeweizen, they don't bottle their beers however and the Pilsner is the only beer of theirs I recall seeing on tap outside of Last Drop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there anything better than a lovely pint of Guinness? Love it.
From the tap I love a few Guinness pints (was an honour going to the Brewhouse in Dublin last year.

The can'd stuff - doesn't do it justice.

Guinness Extra Stout in the bottle is excellent IMO, summer or winter. Strong, great mouthfeel for a stout and very well priced longnecks

on hefes - I've been walking through rural bavaria recently, and it's insane how much better whatever their cheap local is than any hefe I've ever had in aus (can't find a decent ale anywhere though)

but I agree that the hargreaves hill is a good reasonably priced option

Had a Mornington Imperial Stout (2015 vintage) the other night which was absolutely delicious. You can buy them fresh in the bottle but this was from a keg that had been cellared for a couple of years. Perfect beer

Colonial Brewery are releasing an imperial stout this week. The rep is dropping a few into work for me this morning and dang it Im keen to try one.

Getting a carton of pale dropped off for the footy tipping too :rainbow:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back