The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I got one Porter left from the 6 pack i bought.

There were a couple darker beers i liked at Otherside when i was there.
One was the old english ale and the other one wasn't a stout because they ran out of it but.

DanWCE did they have the IPA on tap when you were there? They poured them out of the can for us.

Nah no Anthem IPA yet. Rhys the head brewer only laid down his first brew on that kit a few days ago. They'll have the IPA on within the next four weeks I think he said, and I'm hoping they brew some cool small batch stuff also.

Colonial's Australian IPA (yellow and green can) is a personal fave.
Obviously not a dark brew (haven't developed my palate that far yet).
Yeah it's a very nice beer, quite like their small ale as well if I'm after something a bit lighter.
I think the dark beer thing comes with age, or maybe it's the kind of thing you have to persist with a bit before you start to enjoy them, I never used to be a fan at all but I found my I started drinking more of it after I bought a carton of Holgate chocolate stout.

Yeah it's a very nice beer, quite like their small ale as well if I'm after something a bit lighter.
I think the dark beer thing comes with age, or maybe it's the kind of thing you have to persist with a bit before you start to enjoy them, I never used to be a fan at all but I found my I started drinking more of it after I bought a carton of Holgate chocolate stout.

Temptress? Not a bad way to fall in love with dark beers if so! Sail and Anchor have/had this on their hand pump but I couldn't sneak in to try it. Reckon it would have been awesome on hand pump.

Temptress? Not a bad way to fall in love with dark beers if so! Sail and Anchor have/had this on their hand pump but I couldn't sneak in to try it. Reckon it would have been awesome on hand pump.
Yeah that's the one, was a very nice drop. I think i ordered it off boozebud or something, haven't seen it over here. Oh nice, I haven't been in there for years I don't often get that far south.

There's a new batch over here I think. New label. Its actually a porter. Won best porter at AIBAs last month.
Oh right, I'll have to keep an eye out for it, well worth it. I bought a 4 pack of Barossa Valley Chocolate Coffee Stout a couple of weekends ago but it was a bit disappointing.
I've been trying a few Brown Ale's as well lately. I got right into Boston Brewery's Nut Brown Ale when I was down south a few months ago but Nail's Imperial Brown is still winning for me at the moment. I didn't mind Coopers Dark Ale either for a cheap alternative, not as much flavour as some of the others but still drinkable.

Have you tried Gage Roads IIPA. Any good?
swear to god, i only taste coffee chocolate stouts.

That said I've only tried a handful.

Have you tried Gage Roads IIPA. Any good?

swear to god, i only taste coffee chocolate stouts.

That said I've only tried a handful.
I suppose there's heaps of them out there, the flavours kind of lend themselves to that style of beer.
Quite like Nail Oatmeal Stout if you want one that's easy to find and isn't a coffee/chocolate one.

There's a new batch over here I think. New label. Its actually a porter. Won best porter at AIBAs last month.
Same s**t

I had a couple of beers by The Bruery from the US tonight. Absolute beasts in their own regard. One 13.5% barrel aged bit of everything stout and the other a 8% Flanders red style sour. Palate clobbered. $19 well spent

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol Yeah colonial is really much more a Melbourne brewery than a Margaret River one these days
Wait is it from margret river?

I alway thought they had one brewery here.

Even there insta has the Victorian location.

I am a big fan of the Bridge Road beers out of Melbourne. Not sure if they are around in Perth (can't get them where I live but when I visit Melbourne). Vishy, if you want to try a damn fine Porter:

br-robustporter-web.png

Wait is it from margret river?

I alway thought they had one brewery here.

Even there insta has the Victorian location.
Yeah they’re split between two spots. But I reckon it’s more heavily weighted toward the Melbourne side.

They’re an official partner with Essendon FC :poo:

Few cheeky beers at the 3 Ravens brewery this afternoon - all delicious

5C82ED40-8F9E-48B1-98DA-58F325D8C8B7.jpeg
Lemon and lime Berlinerweisse. Tastes like the most refreshing lemon drink you’ve ever had on a hot day. 3.5% infinitely smashable.

5B630205-4F1D-41E7-9563-B0DA2A7BA6E3.jpeg
Yuzu Juicy pale ale. They call it a NEIPA but doesn’t have the cloying heavy late hops of most australian NEIPAs that I’ve tried. Also smashable.
C764A61B-757C-4084-8730-AB2162854173.jpeg
Bourbon barrel aged belgian dubbel. 8.5% winter warmer. Yum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back