The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duckula

Debutant
AFL Club
West Coast
I remember when I was 18 in the late 90s and me and my mates thought Carlton Cold and TEDs was the shit. Now I wouldn't open either of those to put out a fire.

10 years after building a love for Guinness and Hoegarrdens I remember Feral bringing out their White and getting so excited about a local brewery making exotic/decent beer. Now it's probably one of the most basic on their list.

Wonder if in another 10-20 years I'll still get as excited about IPAs and NEIPAs as I do now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BigBirdz

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
I remember when I was 18 in the late 90s and me and my mates thought Carlton Cold and TEDs was the shit. Now I wouldn't open either of those to put out a fire.

10 years after building a love for Guinness and Hoegarrdens I remember Feral bringing out their White and getting so excited about a local brewery making exotic/decent beer. Now it's probably one of the most basic on their list.

Wonder if in another 10-20 years I'll still get as excited about IPAs and NEIPAs as I do now.
Hahn ice was the shit :eek::eek::p

ioppolo

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
I still don't mind a carlton cold tbh. I used to love Hahn Super Dry and Crownies, haven't had either of them in years

Asapartyhat

Team Captain
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
stirling senators
Is anyone a fan of gage roads as served at the Perth stadium? All I've seen about it on this forum is standard Vic bullshit saying the beer is crap which is understandable given they are bought up on bland generic stuff.Anything craft beer national and international award winning would be beyond their comprehension .I think both single fin and Alby were fine for 3.5 I never tried atomic never saw PIL 3.5 either that was Australia's best mid strength a few years ago or at least it won the major awards for such .I see that gage roads is moving into Sydney rugby stadiums with their fancy beer supplier contract soon so good for them.

Also Bootleg -Raging Bull the long standing classic.Where can I buy that locally in Perth.

MIKE85

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Alby was terrible. Carlton mid 2.0. Single Fin is ok for stadium beer, I found the atomic the best by far but they don’t sell it on the higher levels so I’ve been on the Single Fin all season.

Asapartyhat

Team Captain
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
stirling senators
Alby was terrible. Carlton mid 2.0. Single Fin is ok for stadium beer, I found the atomic the best by far but they don’t sell it on the higher levels so I’ve been on the Single Fin all season.
I sit at level one with an Alby bar room behind but it only sold Alby and the takeaway across from it was just single fin and wine and spirits. So no atomic on level one anywhere near me. Might have to take a walk around and find it next year.

Duckula

Debutant
AFL Club
West Coast
They sell the complete full strength bottled Gage Roads catalogue in the River Room, both a blessing and a curse coz once you get back to your seat and grab a mid version of Single Fin or Atomic and take a warm plastic cup sip it tastes pretty average.

SloppyJoe

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
On level 5 on each wing there are big Island bars which carry everything.

Top Bottom