The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

El_ahrairah

Booze Bunny
AFL Club
West Coast
Just found a shop outside the Galleria next to the Mrs Macs factory. It's Phoenix Beers and they wholesale direct to the public.

They sell a bunch of excellent European beers, a huge variety of Sierra Nevada and Brewdogs that I've never seen before and a heap of craft beers for awesome prices.

The catch? You have to buy a minimum of 4 litres (about 12 beers) to shop there. If you're looking to get a few it's totally worth it.

BigBirdz

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
Tried the Rockyridge peach beer on tap at the Dunsborough tavern in a pint and it was great, but bought a can after and it had a gross medicine flavour👎

(Log in to remove this ad.)

avishka5

150 game legend.
AFL Club
West Coast
I've never actually tried little dove before.. I just keep going back to old favourites like Elvis juice before trying new beers. **** knows why.
I’m the opposite. I like trying new beers. I’m like a kid in a candy shop when I go to a liquor store with a decent beer selection. That said i drink a lot of VPA.

They have Little dove on tap at the fringe and that’s where I had it. Had about 8 pints and woke up drunk this morning.

El_ahrairah

Booze Bunny
AFL Club
West Coast
I’m the opposite. I like trying new beers. I’m like a kid in a candy shop when I go to a liquor store with a decent beer selection. That said i drink a lot of VPA.

They have Little dove on tap at the fringe and that’s where I had it. Had about 8 pints and woke up drunk this morning.
8 pints of Little Dove I'd be surprised if you weren't still drunk now.

Moley27

Debutant
AFL Club
West Coast

Same here, I can lose an hour or more to a good bottle shop, drives my partner mad.

Seadog

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
Why doesn't Bintang taste as good here as it does in Bali, went into Dans, hot day an all and had a hankering for a Bintang but it's not doing it for me. Maybe what's missing is the morning surf in a tropical paradise before kicking back in the afternoon watching the sun disappear over the ocean.

BigBirdz

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
Why doesn't Bintang taste as good here as it does in Bali, went into Dans, hot day an all and had a hankering for a Bintang but it's not doing it for me. Maybe what's missing is the morning surf in a tropical paradise before kicking back in the afternoon watching the sun disappear over the ocean.
I reckon it tastes pretty average over there too.

MIKE85

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah they're really not very good at all. They need to be ice cold, which is usually a problem over there. Still smash way too many everytime, but they are very watery and pretty average

squashface

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Someone told me that the ones we have are brewed in Sydney as opposed to over there so they taste different. Unsure how true that is though.

Seadog

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
I reckon it tastes pretty average over there too.
You could be right, I guess if you are there long enough and it is the only beer available you kinda get used to it, but throw it in among a heap of craft beers back here and it's not great.

Top Bottom