The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I visited five in one day, basically did the tasting paddle at each. Bought takeaway packs after.

I visited every brewery down there except for two, one which name escapes me (it's the one in North Jindong). The other was Black Kite.

Bush Shack is an excellent location but their brews are too soft drink like. Still a great selection. Love their Cola flavoured alcoholic beverage.

Colonial, Bootleg & Beerfarm, like I mentioned, are my favourites. Great location, great selection and there were dogs running around the Beerfarm and they came over for pats a fair bit which was cool.

Cowaramup brewery is nice and secluded but being smaller their selection isn't quite the same. Their mid strength is really nice though. Their takeaway size is a 950ml can.

Black brewing didn't appeal to me as much but their selection is again, very good.

Margaret River brewing co. is ok. Probably my least favourite but they're the worst of a great bunch.

Grove distillery does Beer but I only tried their spirits. The honey whiskey is a solid 10.

Eagle Bay is ok at best.

Cheeky Monkey is a nice place but I'm not a fan of their brews so much.

It was also awesome because I went down there at the beginning of September, so there were next to no tourists around, and a lot of the vineyards and breweries the Mrs and I went to had no one in them. It was good to have one on one time with the workers there.

I visited five in one day, basically did the tasting paddle at each. Bought takeaway packs after.

I visited every brewery down there except for two, one which name escapes me (it's the one in North Jindong). The other was Black Kite.

Bush Shack is an excellent location but their brews are too soft drink like. Still a great selection. Love their Cola flavoured alcoholic beverage.

Colonial, Bootleg & Beerfarm, like I mentioned, are my favourites. Great location, great selection and there were dogs running around the Beerfarm and they came over for pats a fair bit which was cool.

Cowaramup brewery is nice and secluded but being smaller their selection isn't quite the same. Their mid strength is really nice though. Their takeaway size is a 950ml can.

Black brewing didn't appeal to me as much but their selection is again, very good.

Margaret River brewing co. is ok. Probably my least favourite but they're the worst of a great bunch.

Grove distillery does Beer but I only tried their spirits. The honey whiskey is a solid 10.

Eagle Bay is ok at best.

Cheeky Monkey is a nice place but I'm not a fan of their brews so much.

It was also awesome because I went down there at the beginning of September, so there were next to no tourists around, and a lot of the vineyards and breweries the Mrs and I went to had no one in them. It was good to have one on one time with the workers there.
I’m going with mates. Reckon we’ll max go to a couple tbh. Will probably get pissed and take a couple take aways to sink at a nice location or back to our site.

Ashby Superstore. Live a 3 min drive from it but didn't discover until recently. Good shop, good range, does growler fills.

Anyway they currently have 8 X WA beers for $30. Picked up a nice selection. Most I haven't bought before (besides nail red but I love that), good to try one before committing to more :)

IMG_20181118_164246378.jpg

Sadly only got to go into 2 breweries. Really like beer farm but I was an idiot and didn't get a paddle. Instead tried the IPA nd IIPA.
I had a steamer last night and was too hungover when i rocked up to Cheek monkeys. Beautiful location and I usually like their stuff. I tried a little bit of this barleywine which was hell boozy but nice as well.

Hopefully next time I get to do it properly and include more locations.

Sadly only got to go into 2 breweries. Really like beer farm but I was an idiot and didn't get a paddle. Instead tried the IPA nd IIPA.
I had a steamer last night and was too hungover when i rocked up to Cheek monkeys. Beautiful location and I usually like their stuff. I tried a little bit of this barleywine which was hell boozy but nice as well.

Hopefully next time I get to do it properly and include more locations.
I remember the last time I was down there we booked a bus tour that took us all around the breweries with free tastings and food. Driver was a legend as well.

I remember the last time I was down there we booked a bus tour that took us all around the breweries with free tastings and food. Driver was a legend as well.
Yeah i saw it outside Cheeky monkeys. Hopefully next time but that said, I'd like to see more beaches and etc.

How much did the bus cost btw?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Working my way through a 6 pack of Wolf of the willows XPA, tasty drop from a Melbourne outfit, $20 for a six pack at Freo Doctor. Barrgain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back