The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if it’s the country music I’ve been listening to but I’ve been getting into bourbon and coke a lot when I’m drunk. Few pints in and I’m on the JD and Coke.

Not sure if it’s the country music I’ve been listening to but I’ve been getting into bourbon and coke a lot when I’m drunk. Few pints in and I’m on the JD and Coke.

I'd say you just have a sweet tooth.

:pointup: Also JD is a Tennessee Whiskey not a Bourbon

I'd say you just have a sweet tooth.

:pointup: Also JD is a Tennessee Whiskey not a Bourbon
Yeah I have no clue half the time when I’m ordering anything other than beer. As long as I can taste the alcohol I’m fine.

Feel like all clear bottle beers are the same. Little to no taste, and whatever slight taste they do have, is s**t. Carlton Dry/cold, TEDs, Coronas, great Northern, that Iron Jack s**t. It’s all the same. I blame the colour of the bottles.
This time of the year is when those beers taste semi decent tbh. Plus you can smash em back and not feel like s**t.

Feel like all clear bottle beers are the same. Little to no taste, and whatever slight taste they do have, is s**t. Carlton Dry/cold, TEDs, Coronas, great Northern, that Iron Jack s**t. It’s all the same. I blame the colour of the bottles.

I agree with almost all of that except lumping Coronas in with them. Nothing like a Corona after a hot days gardening or with a meal on a summer's evening - it's tasteless enough to not affect the food flavour but beery enough to quench my alcohol need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This time of the year is when those beers taste semi decent tbh. Plus you can smash em back and not feel like s**t.

Yeah good time to enjoy some decent tasting lagers, pilsners and kolsch.

Cheeky Monkey lager and Balter Pils probably my favourite 2.

Had a Hopped Up Freddy's Pilsner yesterday that was quite good. Had my second ever sour (this time Colonial), just can't get into it.

Yeah I go for exports if I’m having a day of smashing beers. Have always been able to down a heap of them really easily compared to getting really bloated off a massive amount of pale ales or the like. I’m a strange one though, I go through phases of going cheap skate and getting a block of export, to the next bottlo trip getting a carton of colonial pales (which I’m currently working my way through)

Yeah good time to enjoy some decent tasting lagers, pilsners and kolsch.

Cheeky Monkey lager and Balter Pils probably my favourite 2.

Had a Hopped Up Freddy's Pilsner yesterday that was quite good. Had my second ever sour (this time Colonial), just can't get into it.
Might give em try this summer.

Had my first Kolsch in agers on friday. It was a mango one. It was decent accept it had this buttery after taste that kinda put me off a bit.

It's more to do with how the beer is made that enables them to put it into clear bottles. They don't really need to worry about the hop flavor "skunking" due to UV exposure because they use hop extract.

Yeah I go for exports if I’m having a day of smashing beers. Have always been able to down a heap of them really easily compared to getting really bloated off a massive amount of pale ales or the like. I’m a strange one though, I go through phases of going cheap skate and getting a block of export, to the next bottlo trip getting a carton of colonial pales (which I’m currently working my way through)
Yeah i don't buy cartons anymore purely because I wanna try new things. That said, im going on accutane soon so that means I'd probably be saving a bit but probably be able to try new beers.

I'm exactly the same... block of export at the moment with a few elvis juices to go in between cans..

I reckon exports changed a bit over the years. Seems a little lighter than it used to be?? Used to give me terrible hangovers when I drank it all the time about 10 or so years ago. Only been back to it in the last few years and it must have less preservatives in it?? Don’t get anywhere near the hangover these days.

I reckon exports changed a bit over the years. Seems a little lighter than it used to be?? Used to give me terrible hangovers when I drank it all the time about 10 or so years ago. Only been back to it in the last few years and it must have less preservatives in it?? Don’t get anywhere near the hangover these days.
Brewed in SA now. Probably why.

I used to drink emu bitter:huh: back in the late 90s early 00s but my dad drank emu export and he reckons it's different.
I remember going to little creatures when it first opened and thinking they were wierd campaigners for putting oranges in beer :think::think::oops:

Now I love the stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back