The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just found a shop outside the Galleria next to the Mrs Macs factory. It's Phoenix Beers and they wholesale direct to the public.

They sell a bunch of excellent European beers, a huge variety of Sierra Nevada and Brewdogs that I've never seen before and a heap of craft beers for awesome prices.

The catch? You have to buy a minimum of 4 litres (about 12 beers) to shop there. If you're looking to get a few it's totally worth it.

It's a nay from me. And I like pretty much all their other beers. The pale ale I find particularly nice.
Hmm. Looks like I need to give colonial another go. Reckon it’s been tarnished due to me having it at a festival or at someone else’s in a can.

I've never actually tried little dove before.. I just keep going back to old favourites like Elvis juice before trying new beers. **** knows why.
I’m the opposite. I like trying new beers. I’m like a kid in a candy shop when I go to a liquor store with a decent beer selection. That said i drink a lot of VPA.

They have Little dove on tap at the fringe and that’s where I had it. Had about 8 pints and woke up drunk this morning.

I’m the opposite. I like trying new beers. I’m like a kid in a candy shop when I go to a liquor store with a decent beer selection. That said i drink a lot of VPA.

They have Little dove on tap at the fringe and that’s where I had it. Had about 8 pints and woke up drunk this morning.

8 pints of Little Dove I'd be surprised if you weren't still drunk now.

8 pints of Little Dove I'd be surprised if you weren't still drunk now.
Honestly i still feel like pure s**t. I felt after knocking back a carton of single fin on Australia Day. I’m quite surprised as I usually have a mid/low tolerance to alcohol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same here, I can lose an hour or more to a good bottle shop, drives my partner mad.

Why doesn't Bintang taste as good here as it does in Bali, went into Dans, hot day an all and had a hankering for a Bintang but it's not doing it for me. Maybe what's missing is the morning surf in a tropical paradise before kicking back in the afternoon watching the sun disappear over the ocean.

Why doesn't Bintang taste as good here as it does in Bali, went into Dans, hot day an all and had a hankering for a Bintang but it's not doing it for me. Maybe what's missing is the morning surf in a tropical paradise before kicking back in the afternoon watching the sun disappear over the ocean.

I reckon it tastes pretty average over there too.

Yeah they're really not very good at all. They need to be ice cold, which is usually a problem over there. Still smash way too many everytime, but they are very watery and pretty average
Even a Carona on a scorching/humid day ain't bad.

Someone told me that the ones we have are brewed in Sydney as opposed to over there so they taste different. Unsure how true that is though.

I reckon it tastes pretty average over there too.
You could be right, I guess if you are there long enough and it is the only beer available you kinda get used to it, but throw it in among a heap of craft beers back here and it's not great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back