The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Really need to track down some Beerfarm NEIPA, had one last time I was in Perth and it was a ripper. Good to see Otherside beers making their way over to Melbourne too - the Anthem is super.

Making very short work of the La Sirene urban pale six pack in my fridge. Highly recommend

went to Mash yesterday. The place looks average. Tried their Joost NEIPA and that was soo sweet and it was like drinking syrup.

Thank god feral was nice.

Where is that?

Cheapest I had seen was $65.

I'm on a budget after opening my wallet to the independents a bit too much.

It seems the DM price may have gone back up to $68 anyway.

Harry Brown's around the corner from my place in Tuart Hill/Osborne Park (it lives on the border I suppose) has it in stock at (IIRC) $58.

Worth the buy, such a tasty drop.

Big_Shed_Boozy_Fruit_NEIPA_2_Bottle_Limit__33608.1532922875.1280.1280.png

Tried this bad boy yesterday at Mechanic's - holy f**k it's a great beer. Tastes like a Frosty Fruit icy pole, just beautiful.​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

N

Nail red ale any good?

Last time I bought a 6 pack of crafties for less than 20 bucks, it was trash.
I like it. The LC XPA is also a decent drop.

I haven't tried the others but Green Beacon (love their IPA) and Garage Project rarely disappoint. I dont know anything about the others.

I'm sure Dan can weigh in!

I haven't tried the others but Green Beacon (love their IPA) and Garage Project rarely disappoint. I dont know anything about the others.

I've tried the XPA. very easy to drink beer.

You're god damn right. I didn't click the link, but Nail red is arguably Australia's best. Lately I've taken a real shine to Othersides Harvest red as well. As in, I've always loved it, and now I'm realising it should be up there in conversation with Nails.

I've never had a bad GP beer. Big fanboi here.

Whats the story with having a shot of whiskey with a stout?

Someone made a whiskey barrel aged stout and gave it to me today and told me to drink it with a shot of whiskey.

Whats the story with having a shot of whiskey with a stout?

Someone made a whiskey barrel aged stout and gave it to me today and told me to drink it with a shot of whiskey.
Might have been suggesting you look for characters between the two to understand the impact of the barrel aging on the stout.

Or they wanted to get you pissed and vulnerable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back