The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

_20190622_145412.JPG

Some seriously boozey ones in this bunch.

wc_eagles_since86

Team Captain
Apr 25, 2019
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Liverpool
Hi everyone,

I'm moving back to Perth soon, at the end of next month after being away for close to 6 years.
It seems that the beer market and availability of beer in particular has exploded.

I'm into reds, ales and IPA's as my top of all beers. Love some hoppy IPA magic.

Hit me with 3 of your top brews and why.

* I realise that the above sounds like an intro to a poorly written Tinder profile, I'm engaged, sorry fellas.

Hi everyone,

I'm moving back to Perth soon, at the end of next month after being away for close to 6 years.
It seems that the beer market and availability of beer in particular has exploded.

I'm into reds, ales and IPA's as my top of all beers. Love some hoppy IPA magic.

* I realise that the above sounds like an intro to a poorly written Tinder profile, I'm engaged, sorry fellas.

What're you wearing? *zip*

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Hi everyone,

You didn't mention Happily, so i guess so still keen to smash?

Hi everyone,

But seriously:

Boondy from Boston Brewing Co.
Jedi Juice from Hop Nation.
NZ Pale Ale from Pirate Life.

I went to Phoenix beers in Morley a couple weeks ago for the sale they had. 24 craft beers for $51... they had a massive section you could pick from. I forgot to take a photo of my stash though.

Yeah I posted about that shop a few months back - it's definitely a winner if your going to spend $50 or more.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I went to Phoenix beers in Morley a couple weeks ago for the sale they had. 24 craft beers for $51... they had a massive section you could pick from. I forgot to take a photo of my stash though.
Yeah I posted about that shop a few months back - it's definitely a winner if your going to spend $50 or more.
Do they have more than what's on their website?

Jun 28, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Do they have more than what's on their website?

It's a pretty wierd setup most of the beers that are cheap are imported and because it's a wholesale place you have to buy 3liters minimum.
They do have a more expensive fridge with local beers. They had heaps of Elvis Juice and other brew dog beers in the cheap stack along with Dainton and
Sierra Nevada.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
It's a pretty wierd setup most of the beers that are cheap are imported and because it's a wholesale place you have to buy 3liters minimum.
They do have a more expensive fridge with local beers. They had heaps of Elvis Juice and other brew dog beers in the cheap stack along with Dainton and
Sierra Nevada.
That...won't be a problem

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Hi everyone,

You won't go wrong with:
Nail VPA
Nail Red
Otherside Harvest
Feral Biggie Juice
Cheeky Monkey West Coast IPA

wc_eagles_since86

Team Captain
Apr 25, 2019
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Liverpool
Thanks for all the recommendations: have written out a list, hopefully some more to add to it.

Any good Shiraz's going? Something full bodied, heavy, plummy/peppery? Gonna put my pinky up as well.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
100% Agree with with Dan's list wc_eagles_since86.

I also like:
Black Brewings IPA (i'm a sucka for Papaya)
Beer farms IPA

Also if you live South of the River, check out Other side.

Back