The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 28, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
20190719_143122.jpg
anyone tried this range before? They were on special at cape cellars so I'm gonna give em a crack tonight.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Had Balters IPA last night. Pretty decent but that and the whiskey led me to a very quick demise.

First time in about 4 years I've yacked.

Had Balters IPA last night. Pretty decent but that and the whiskey led me to a very quick demise.

First time in about 4 years I've yacked.

Did your husband take care of you during this tough time?

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Give Beer Farms new milk stout a go. And the previously mentioned hazelnut brown is really solid too. Also Eagle Bays cacao stout is about to hit fridges. It's a winter seasonal beer, usually followed by their black IPA which is also epic.
Finally got around to buying a carton of this direct from the brewery, I stuffed up my post code when I ordered so I sent them an email and they threw in a can of Eagle Rock as well just cause. This is clearly a sign we're going to win the premiership again this year.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Finally got around to buying a carton of this direct from the brewery, I stuffed up my post code when I ordered so I sent them an email and they threw in a can of Eagle Rock as well just cause. This is clearly a sign we're going to win the premiership again this year.

Bloody great timing to fire up a convo, mate. See if you can get your hands on this! It's a dessert stout for lack of a better term. Got an incredible nose on it. None of the expected punch from an imperial stout. I could put the tins away quicker than I should, really dangerous beer! In a good way. 😊

MVIMG_20190815_192809.jpg

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Bloody great timing to fire up a convo, mate. See if you can get your hands on this! It's a dessert stout for lack of a better term. Got an incredible nose on it. None of the expected punch from an imperial stout. I could put the tins away quicker than I should, really dangerous beer! In a good way. 😊

View attachment 727449
I'll keep an eye out next time I'm down in town, I keep seeing heaps of dessert stouts I want to try.
Heading up to Kalbarri next week though so I'll probably miss out on most of them.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I'll keep an eye out next time I'm down in town, I keep seeing heaps of dessert stouts I want to try.
Heading up to Kalbarri next week though so I'll probably miss out on most of them.

Couple of Googley tidbits about Kalbarri (jealous!) - have you been to Finlay's before? Supposedly a microbrewery. Also Kalbarri Cellars stock Boston Brewing which will sort ya out.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Couple of Googley tidbits about Kalbarri (jealous!) - have you been to Finlay's before? Supposedly a microbrewery. Also Kalbarri Cellars stock Boston Brewing which will sort ya out.
Oh nice thanks, I didn't know about Finlays, googling now. Just told my mrs, shes clearly ecstatic at the news.
Big fan of Boston, I love their Nut Brown Ale.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
If you want a dessert stout, have to try Rocky Ridge’s new one - custard tart stout. It’s rock solid. They’ve got a ginger nut one out at the moment too called Where’s Danny which gets a lot better as it warms once the ginger nut comes out

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
With Growlers and etc do places usually clean/disinfect them pre filling them up?

Bought one while back and washed it with hot soapy water as soon as i finished but it still has a yeasty smell.
Best you'll get is a rinse.
Mane Liquor disinfect it if you ask them to. Usually have a powder solution to do it sitting next to their station

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
If you want a dessert stout, have to try Rocky Ridge’s new one - custard tart stout. It’s rock solid. They’ve got a ginger nut one out at the moment too called Where’s Danny which gets a lot better as it warms once the ginger nut comes out
Gonna be down this week so I'll try and drop into the Ashby and see what they've got. Dainton look like they've got a couple of good ones out as well at the moment (if there's any still around).

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Gonna be down this week so I'll try and drop into the Ashby and see what they've got. Dainton look like they've got a couple of good ones out as well at the moment (if there's any still around).
Oh yeah they’ve just done a peanut butter choc one which is solid. A few to keep an eye for:
Omnipollo Noa Pecan - might set you back a bit this one but well worth it
Tiny rebel stay puft
Fathom imperial stout
Temple nitro espresso stoutini
To Ol Mr Brown

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Oh yeah they’ve just done a peanut butter choc one which is solid. A few to keep an eye for:
Omnipollo Noa Pecan - might set you back a bit this one but well worth it
Tiny rebel stay puft
Fathom imperial stout
Temple nitro espresso stoutini
To Ol Mr Brown
Cheers mate, will see what they've got.

Back