The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I had a couple of the BB Squeezes oner the weekend - probably the best new NEIPA I have had in the last year. Highly recommend it. The only bad thing about it is the bit on the can which says "Limited Release".

Ya I had a middy of this at the Boardwalk Beer Festival - like you say a decent drop. A pint would have been too much though as I had a lot of beers to try.
Most places won't serve a pint of the stronger stuff. Whitfords Brewing Co don't seem to care though - I've had pints of Rock Juice there and that's 9%

Biggie Juice is awesome. You can get it at an amazing price too. Often goes on special at ~$55 a cube.
Be interesting to see if they start canning it regularly or just keep it on tap to bring in the crowds when they open up their new site in Vic Park. I've had almost all of their beers now, their Boondy rye pale ale is still my favourite.
Pretty sure they've already decided to make it a semi-perma regular... whatever that means. Last I spoke to a mate who works for them, he said they would release it every month or two to keep it as fresh as possible as the longer time NEIPA's spend in a can on the shelf not being drunk, the quicker they fall apart flavour-wise

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Personally don't mind the Beerporium TBH. The beer and booze is is ok price and yet still get the vibe of a National hotel/ Sail and anchor.

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Last night was the first time i was on the crafty's in a while and i forget how fast they catch up on you. 5/6 pints on 8% DIPA's and i was flying.

mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2010
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors
Personally don't mind the Beerporium TBH. The beer and booze is is ok price and yet still get the vibe of a National hotel/ Sail and anchor.
I went on a thurs,3 ppl in there so walked out again

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
I went on a thurs,3 ppl in there so walked out again

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Yeah it wasn’t that packed on Saturday either. The balcony was full but inside was close to empty.

Tbh the place is a bit hidden as well.

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
Eagles bay. Had 2 of them and I think I had 3 of blasta’s unleash the beast.

Both very tasty.
I went in and had a Blasta beast last week, I didn't mind the place though it was not overly crowded. It's not trying to be anything it's not, $15 pizzas 7 or 8 crafties on tap and the cheapest fit out you'll ever see. Hope it goes well for them.

Mar 1, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
I went in and had a Blasta beast last week, I didn't mind the place though it was not overly crowded. It's not trying to be anything it's not, $15 pizzas 7 or 8 crafties on tap and the cheapest fit out you'll ever see. Hope it goes well for them.
Blasta is great. It's my go-to for a pre-footy meal and drinks.

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Going douth this weekend and genuinely excited. Apart from last week i rarely launch into the crafties anymore. I guess that's the sacrifice you gotta make to keep your waistline in check.

Going douth this weekend and genuinely excited. Apart from last week i rarely launch into the crafties anymore. I guess that's the sacrifice you gotta make to keep your waistline in check.

Or you could just do some exercise, tubby.

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Some epic breweries down south. Should be a great trip. Eagle Bay is usually my preference to eat at, as well as they've just done a sour with mane liquor which is tasting unreal if you like sours. Beer farm also seem to always have some cool stuff on tap that you wouldn't normally find in bottle shops in Perth

_20191115_154558.JPG

Get amongst it!

Back