The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

the homebrew club I’m part of just did a case swap, so I’ve got 15 different longnecks from 15 different brewers to consume over the next few weeks (days)

There’s some absolute crackers in there including this hoppy raspberry sour. As close as you can get to a vishy raspberry vodka special
51A040D5-3A6E-48FD-ABB5-1B848888764A.jpeg

I was pretty disappointed with the beer royal haze.

Over the weekend i also tried:

Rock juice: Strong at 3.1 standard drinks per can but didn't taste like you were drinking a super strong drink.

Gage Roads VHA ( Very hoppy ale): I tried this for something different and was surprised how good it was.

VHA, BFH and Imperial Biggie all pouring at Cabin 401 currently. Popped down yesterday to check out the figure skating 🌈

the homebrew club I’m part of just did a case swap, so I’ve got 15 different longnecks from 15 different brewers to consume over the next few weeks (days)

There’s some absolute crackers in there including this hoppy raspberry sour. As close as you can get to a vishy raspberry vodka special
View attachment 780717
A few raspberry sours around - I had a couple of Blasta's Rampant Raspberrys over the weekend - great on a hot day. Boston Brewing has a new double raspberry gose out, I need to try that.

I was pretty disappointed with the beer royal haze.

Over the weekend i also tried:

Rock juice: Strong at 3.1 standard drinks per can but didn't taste like you were drinking a super strong drink.

Gage Roads VHA ( Very hoppy ale): I tried this for something different and was surprised how good it was.
yeah I tried that and Hazy IPA from Colonial. Like the Hazy alot.

went to Eagle bay again and was dissapointed. Food was average, nice location and beers were ok.

yeah I tried that and Hazy IPA from Colonial. Like the Hazy alot.

went to Eagle bay again and was dissapointed. Food was average, nice location and beers were ok.
Man I’m super surprised to hear that. I go there almost every time I go down south and always find it to be one of the better breweries in regards to food and beer. Apparently wild hop is very good for a feed

Man I’m super surprised to hear that. I go there almost every time I go down south and always find it to be one of the better breweries in regards to food and beer. Apparently wild hop is very good for a feed

To be fair if Vishnu showed up to my bar I'd serve him schlopp out of the bin too.

I like Wild Hop.

Maybe it was the 45min wait but I thought the beef burger for 25 bucks wasn't worth it tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Wild Hop.

Maybe it was the 45min wait but I thought the beef burger for 25 bucks wasn't worth it tbh.
Yeah that’s probably fair enough. I’ve found their pizzas and slow cooked meat dishes have been great, few other things here and there not so much. But always happy with their beer choices. Always something pouring no matter what beer drinking mood I’m in and the view is outrageous. I think there’s a lack of breweries down south with views let alone views like that

I went to Mane tonight and they pointed me in the direction of a new brewery from the states called Definitive Brewing. Said the importers missed their cut off to ship it here so decided to pay the extra and air freight it over. Some of the IPA’s had been packaged within the last 3/4 weeks which is crazy to get imported stuff that fresh. All hazy IPA’s too. Grabbed one of each and going to tuck into them tomorrow night. One in particular called is a milkshake IPA with vanilla, lactose and mango and looks epic

Can hardly blame the breweries when they sell, the sort of figures on offer are too hard to turn down. Best case scenario is a Feral situation where they still get freedom to brew what they want to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back