The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Soooo, with the float tank. Did you hallucinate? Did you look into your soul and find your spirit animal? What happened?

I'm interested in taking the splash myself, but I'm absolutely terrified of what my mind would conjure.

I had 2 mild anxiety attacks over the 2 hours.

What happened? Hard to describe, kind of explored the extremes of Apollo and Dionysus influences over the decade or so, thought about which was occurring at the time and what would be the healthier going forward. I think at times in the past I've gone too far in either direction, past 12 months it's been Apollo and now it's going back towards the middle.

I'm probably late to the party but since when did Little Creatures become WA/Vic? Gabs has them named as that.

I'm probably late to the party but since when did Little Creatures become WA/Vic? Gabs has them named as that.
This occurred maybe 5 or so years ago? After they were bought out by Lion Nathan, they established a brewery in Geelong. Ever since, that lovely yeast aroma dissipated from the Fremantle brewery, never to be smelt again. Do they still brew there? Serious question.

What happened? Hard to describe, kind of explored the extremes of Apollo and Dionysus influences over the decade or so, thought about which was occurring at the time and what would be the healthier going forward. I think at times in the past I've gone too far in either direction, past 12 months it's been Apollo and now it's going back towards the middle.
Thanks man, I think you've convinced me to give it a try.

Apollo is the god of prophecy, just wondering if while under the influence of Apollo you came across information you should be sharing. Like, will Tim Kelly be instrumental in the slaying of the serpent Python* which guards the oracular shrine of Delphi#.

* insert any Vic club
# MCG

This occurred maybe 5 or so years ago? After they were bought out by Lion Nathan, they established a brewery in Geelong. Ever since, that lovely yeast aroma dissipated from the Fremantle brewery, never to be smelt again. Do they still brew there? Serious question.
* 8 years ago

Graduating to something a bit more befitting of my bathrobe attire
27e1937994e7444d19deab56e9df8a38.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Black Brewing changed their IPA recently or have I just got a dud. Mind you that I haven't touched many IPA's in recent times either.

I still remember getting a strong papaya taste of the bat but not so much with this batch.

Has Black Brewing changed their IPA recently or have I just got a dud. Mind you that I haven't touched many IPA's in recent times either.

I still remember getting a strong papaya taste of the bat but not so much with this batch.
IPAs are notoriously inconsistent to buy from bottle shops. Hop flavour fades pretty quickly especially if not stored properly, so what might taste amazing on one occasion could be completely bland the next time you buy it.

we’re not really used to it because for years we just bought mass produced beers with little hop character and those huge breweries have better tech to ensure stability over time.

IPAs are notoriously inconsistent to buy from bottle shops. Hop flavour fades pretty quickly especially if not stored properly, so what might taste amazing on one occasion could be completely bland the next time you buy it.

we’re not really used to it because for years we just bought mass produced beers with little hop character and those huge breweries have better tech to ensure stability over time.

Yeah I got it from Dan Murphy’s so not sure if it’s their fault.
You might want to get checked for Coronavirus mate.
Mate it’s insulting to call me a Carona drinker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back