The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah this was when NEIPAs were very new. Same time Mash were having heaps of packaging issues.
Has Mash improved? I went there a year ago and was underwhelmed by their beers and location.

I remember ages ago having one of their copycat IPA's that tasted very much like a Feral beer and liking it. Had a NEIPA last time that was pure nectar.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Has Mash improved? I went there a year ago and was underwhelmed by their beers and location.

I remember ages ago having one of their copycat IPA's that tasted very much like a Feral beer and liking it. Had a NEIPA last time that was pure nectar.

Packaging wise I believe so as they contract a third party to do that now. Quality I could not comment on, they did so much damage in that packaging period I haven't bought their beer in years.

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
99B1B439-116E-4BBC-B8DD-EF869E8807DB.png
99B1B439-116E-4BBC-B8DD-EF869E8807DB.png

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Why does dirty biggie taste like vanilla yoghurt a bit. Sort of French vanilla.

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Whats Imperial Biggie like also I'm actually interested to see what this is like.
Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 8.41.30 PM.png

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast

The copycat ipa is probably their best beer, the rest aren't great imo and the actual restaurant/brewpub in the swan valley is f****** awful

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
The copycat ipa is probably their best beer, the rest aren't great imo and the actual restaurant/brewpub in the swan valley is f****** awful
Didn't like the last one i had. First time I had it it tasted like Ferals and i went and bought another 4 pack of it again.

I'm scared to buy Mash stuff cause it's dissapointed me a few times but one of my mates loves their cheesecake IPA.

BOND 007

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2008
Near the beach

If you like a NEIPA then try the 8.1% made with mango by Wild Hop - a new(ish) brewery Dunsborough.
Bought a growler to take home & emptied it that night🤪💤

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
If you like a NEIPA then try the 8.1% made with mango by Wild Hop - a new(ish) brewery Dunsborough.
Bought a growler to take home & emptied it that night🤪💤
Yeah I've been a couple times and really like the place and brewery. I saw the Mango NEIPA when i was there a month ago but unfortunately had a huge night the night before and nursed my hangover and headache with their mid strength and house water.

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Really like their IPL not a big fan of the IPA. Pretty expensive brews as well if you buy them by the can
I don't think I've bought them by can but I reckon I've bought 4 packs around the $20 mark in the past.

Thoughts on their Royal Haze. I feel like I tried It before but I can't really remember. Should I give it another crack?

Apr 10, 2011
south of the river
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham, 49ers & Scorchers
Love Beerfarm the venue. As for the beers. Plum Sour is elite, IPL very good and the annual Shiraz is so good too.

Their IPA just isn't my favourite. Royal Haze didn't leave much of an impression on me either but I've gone off Haze a bit lately.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Beer Farms IIPL was insanely good. Their Royal Haze is good, Colonials Hazy is better.

Burnt ends smoking co are set up there now. I grabbed the T bone to share a couple of months back and far out it was good. Heaps of sides too. Could've been split between 3 instead of the recommended 2.

Wild Hop is incredible. Love that place, great people and beer, too. Did a little tour of the brew room and had a sample of one of their first imperial NEIPAs to roll out of the tank. They're churning out some really high quality stuff.

Mar 1, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Beer Farms IIPL was insanely good. Their Royal Haze is good, Colonials Hazy is better.

Burnt ends smoking co are set up there now. I grabbed the T bone to share a couple of months back and far out it was good. Heaps of sides too. Could've been split between 3 instead of the recommended 2.

Wild Hop is incredible. Love that place, great people and beer, too. Did a little tour of the brew room and had a sample of one of their first imperial NEIPAs to roll out of the tank. They're churning out some really high quality stuff.
I like Royal Haze but have never even heard of Colonial's Hazy - is it still around?

Will definitely hit up burnt ends next time I'm down south.

Also, <insert glowing review of Wild Hop here>

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I like Royal Haze but have never even heard of Colonial's Hazy - is it still around?

Will definitely hit up burnt ends next time I'm down south.

Also, <insert glowing review of Wild Hop here>

IMG_20200627_170101.jpg

A new batch came out late June/early July. You might be able to find some around the place, and it'll still be pretty fresh.

Nov 12, 2006
Subiaco, Perth WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco FC
Packaging wise I believe so as they contract a third party to do that now. Quality I could not comment on, they did so much damage in that packaging period I haven't bought their beer in years.
Picked up some of their black IPA last week and it was fantastic. Better than the bland 2018 Cascadian Howl from Modus, but still not as good as the 2017 batch.

Not sure what they're doing with the prices, don't see why they would price themselves 15-20% higher than other local brews, same goes for the boys at Blasta. Way too expensive for beers that don't exactly stand out, gladly go there before the footy but can't justify the price of the canned stuff.

Anybody try the PL Cashmere IPA yet? Picked some up today.

Back