Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
Can't help it, went to buy a $50 carton, walked out with a $26 4 pack,
Thunder Rd Exotica3 NEIPA, not bad, not bad at all, easy drinking.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Can't help it, went to buy a $50 carton, walked out with a $26 4 pack,
Thunder Rd Exotica3 NEIPA, not bad, not bad at all, easy drinking.

Happens to me so often! I've now started picking up cartons of Feral Draught just to have something cheap and light to get through instead of drinking $30-40 in a little sesh

Apr 10, 2011
south of the river
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham, 49ers & Scorchers
Happens to me so often! I've now started picking up cartons of Feral Draught just to have something cheap and light to get through instead of drinking $30-40 in a little sesh
I do this with like stone & wood but I just always feel like an ipa or sour which is in the $24-30 4 pack range. I only drink what I call "normal beer" if I know I'm going to an all day event like say for grand final day. Suffice to say, a lot of little seshes.

It's tough hey.

I've taken to buying cartons of Windjammer IPA when its on sale at $79

Is that 24 or 16 and where from haha

Nov 12, 2006
Subiaco, Perth WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco FC
Couldn't decide between a dank beer or a dark beer, why not both?
Untitled.jpg

Mar 1, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
The Supertrooper is a great beer, I had one of those last week.

I celebrated our win yesterday with one of these and it was epic!

1599801105233.png

I don't normally drink yank beers as ours are always fresher, but this was canned late June so I though I'd give it a try. Glad I did. Expensive though at about $15.

I went to the craft beer festival last weekend and tried eveyrthing I wanted except the Space Juice from Innate Brewing, which was sold out by the time I got to it. Found a can at Copper & Oak earlier this week (canned 31 Aug!) and will crack into it tonight probably.

Apr 10, 2011
south of the river
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams

I celebrated our win yesterday with one of these and it was epic!

View attachment 958748

I don't normally drink yank beers as ours are always fresher, but this was canned late June so I though I'd give it a try. Glad I did. Expensive though at about $15.

I went to the craft beer festival last weekend and tried eveyrthing I wanted except the Space Juice from Innate Brewing, which was sold out by the time I got to it. Found a can at Copper & Oak earlier this week (canned 31 Aug!) and will crack into it tonight probably.
King Sue is great as well as Pseudo-Sue.

Goliath also have Fire, SKull & Money IPA cans in Cellarbrations at the moment, well worth a purchase.

Nov 12, 2006
Subiaco, Perth WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco FC
Remarkable to be able to hide the alcohol heat of a 10% beer in a low bitterness beer, very good beer and great to see as part of their regular line up. It's definitely not my favourite style (rather stouts, saisons and sours) but great representation of the style.

Darklord is outstanding for the price, a lot more approachable than a speedway stout (which, IMO is too hot) and more balanced in flavour (more prominant chocolate and better mouthfeel) than silverback. Speedway and Breakfast stouts are still on the top shelf but this darklord is very well balanced. Would be good to see them do another run of the baltic porter from '17 but this is excellent.

I like Dainton, I like what they're evolving into, at times they go a bit nuts with their small batches and don't quite pull it off but I think they are starting to find their groove. I doubt you will ever catch me in Carrum Downs unless I'm on my way to a weekend in Portsea so unfortunatley won't visit the taphouse, might see them at DTC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
What's everyone ripping the lid off tonight for the footy? I'm gonna do a mad dash to Freo Dr after work to grab a few tins.
Big Bang Undercover police 10 - gorgeous beer
Big Bang Face inverter - a fav
CPA - well derr

Homebrew stout next. Its windy AF and a bit cold in SA tonight

mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2010
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors
La cabana in freo will be my new go to arvo beers joint for summer.a few good beers on tap and great food

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Tried the Pirtate life seasonal baltic porter

Meh, good for the price but nothing special, too sweet for a porter. Going to stick with some Colonial kolsh for the game.
Baltic Porters are pretty different to what are normally called porters though. They’re super malty dark lagers and aren’t meant to be dry or roasty. I haven’t tried the PL one but I know they’re notoriously hard to do well.

Apr 10, 2011
south of the river
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
What's everyone ripping the lid off tonight for the footy? I'm gonna do a mad dash to Freo Dr after work to grab a few tins.
Went to liqourshed and they had Rocky Ridge doing tastings. Love pretending I havent tried everything.

Anyway got the last can of Dayman (so good) and a cube of Otherside Headliner.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
La cabana in freo will be my new go to arvo beers joint for summer.a few good beers on tap and great food

Will look into la Cabana, thanks for the tip!

Went to liqourshed and they had Rocky Ridge doing tastings. Love pretending I havent tried everything.

Anyway got the last can of Dayman (so good) and a cube of Otherside Headliner.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I spotted a few Dayman when I grabbed a Space Juice 😎 sounds like I'll have to go back!

I'm on one of the best to come out of SA - Big Shed Boozy Fruit 😁

Nov 12, 2006
Subiaco, Perth WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco FC
Baltic Porters are pretty different to what are normally called porters though. They’re super malty dark lagers and aren’t meant to be dry or roasty. I haven’t tried the PL one but I know they’re notoriously hard to do well.
[/QUOTE

I'm such a nut hugger of the Colonial Porter that I didn't think much of it when it came to porters. I'll keep my eye out, gone off red ales as well lately, the malty types aren't hitting as well as hoppy, roasted, sour and yeast driven beers are.

Apr 10, 2011
south of the river
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Will look into la Cabana, thanks for the tip!

I spotted a few Dayman when I grabbed a Space Juice 😎 sounds like I'll have to go back!

I'm on one of the best to come out of SA - Big Shed Boozy Fruit 😁
I love boozy fruit and californicator.

Dayman defs worth your time.

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham

We went just after they opened pre covid,haven't made it back yet. Can't remember what I drank but the food was good and a friendly vibe.

Back