The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah Feral Shooter is bloody solid as fu**. Anyone has that new Balter yet? I haven't had a great deal of cryo hopped beers but the ones I have had I haven't really got around

Is that the Cryomofo? If so I had it last night. Thought it was pretty good.

Had 4 last night and was pretty dusty. Those lactose beers aren't made for more than 3 IMO.
I'll echo this. I felt fine after 4 but definitely thought 3 of that type of beer was enough.

Switching to spirits, got a bottle of Harrogate Blueberry Gin from Liqourshed. Its so nice, my word.

Ok, you’ve all stood in my way long enough, I’m going to clown college, I mean Liquor Barron’s to get some Shooters. I’m slightly sceptical though. The last lactose IPA I had was one of the cheeky monkey special release ones, might’ve been super tubes, can’t remember which one it was. I didn’t rate it, way too creamy. Are the Shooters like that, or a little more fruity?

Ok, you’ve all stood in my way long enough, I’m going to clown college, I mean Liquor Barron’s to get some Shooters. I’m slightly sceptical though. The last lactose IPA I had was one of the cheeky monkey special release ones, might’ve been super tubes, can’t remember which one it was. I didn’t rate it, way too creamy. Are the Shooters like that, or a little more fruity?

Nah Fruity more than creamy.

Careful as its 2.1 standard drinks and doesn't taste strong.

Creaminess is driven from both the mouthfeel by using things like oats in the mash, and then separate to that the addition of non-fermentable sugars (lactose).

This example strikes a pretty nice balance, not as cloyingly sweet as some, but not really sessionable as the other guys mention - 2-3 is probably enough then time to freshen up the palate with something else.

Maybe it was the glass, maybe it was the freshness, or maybe it was that I haven't had many beers lately, but the aroma of this beer is off the chain. That alone should help balance it out. Just don't drink it from a can 🙃

Yeah for sure, I’ve been on Bigs long enough to know that a glass is essential. I was on the Balters for a while, but the last few cubes I’ve gone back to Biggies. I’ll grab a 4 pack of Shooters and see how they go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

List of every bottleshop that stocks it.

Not at all, but I must admit I appreciate them all the more after the glut of haze in the past couple of years.

Hazy, oatcream, NEIPA. Got to the point when I just want a Warhog or that Cryomofo that I had the other night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back