The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah you can. But I reckon once you smell the food you'll at least be ordering some nibbles like wings haha
Just rocked. Reasonably quite here compared to every where in freo.
Also Yeah tried Shooters and love it.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Just rocked. Reasonably quite here compared to every where in freo.
Also Yeah tried Shooters and love it.

What's on tap? Get us a photo of the TV. I'm pretty sure they got a very rare keg of Garage Project that was supposed to hit the taps yesterday but they didn't market it

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
What's on tap? Get us a photo of the TV. I'm pretty sure they got a very rare keg of Garage Project that was supposed to hit the taps yesterday but they didn't market it
E206DD6F-19AF-4FF4-AB06-3F8D9DCFA015.jpeg

Last edited:

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Not gonna lie bit straight after my feed I felt absolutely full so I went for the peach lemonade hard seltzer. Gotta say it’s the nicest one I’ve tried so far.

Goldfish

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2008
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
West Coast
This could be one of the best beers I’ve had this year so far. A far cry from all the massive hop bombs that get released these days though
Love the Molly Rose beers, I signed up to the Foundation series (now Cornerstone) which unfortunately I think has run it's course and they are reinventing it, but it consisted of 12 x 750ml bottles each year and a few other perks. I'm yet to be disappointed by a beer from them, whatever style he tries to hit he nails it each time.

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Love the Molly Rose beers, I signed up to the Foundation series (now Cornerstone) which unfortunately I think has run it's course and they are reinventing it, but it consisted of 12 x 750ml bottles each year and a few other perks. I'm yet to be disappointed by a beer from them, whatever style he tries to hit he nails it each time.
Ahhhh I missed out on that boat but managed to nab a few when I was at Melbourne last. Sensational brewer. Mind blowing how small the brewery is and the quality that comes out of it

Only beer I've had in 2020 is Blue Moon and currently tripping balls on Wild Turkey and coke zero

Need some suggestions for farmhouse, saisons, sour and dirty IPA's to get me through the uni semester

You've solved your semester conundrum right here.

Decent beer is over the odds, particularly in those styles. Take a look at Kentucky Gold - Straight bourbon allowably watered down to 37% under our laws, cheap as chips, mixes good with cola and ginger ale and goes on the rocks really well. Heaven Hill hitting it out oi the park for value. Once you're half pissed it even pours neat above it's weight class.

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Boston releasing an Italian Pilsner soon. Will smash it like it's going out of style, but kinda feel it would've been perfect 3 months ago.
Saw they released a tropical IPA today or something along those lines... gonna give it a whirl tomorrow hopefully

Saw they released a tropical IPA today or something along those lines... gonna give it a whirl tomorrow hopefully

Yeah Great Southern IPA is the name - gonna grab myself a growler over the weekend too.

Brewed here (the states). Just curious if anyone is shipping down there. If so, it must be crazy expensive.

Of note we get Stone, Rogue and the Sierra Nevada range. Not out of control expensive but can be a bit more than our local ones obviously.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Brewed here (the states). Just curious if anyone is shipping down there. If so, it must be crazy expensive.

Yeah we get stuff here. Was more common in years past to seek it out as there wasn't a good representation of locally brewed IPAs. Now there's a huge range of fresh local stuff so unless something is cold chain delivered to Aus it's kinda not worth buying.

There's a local mob here who bring in Toppling Goliath amongst others, and they've put the effort into bringing it in cold.

Back