The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just saw a post about recalling that Gweilo. Check that before you drink it! Not sure exactly what it’s about coz I’m too drunk to actually read it properly. On another note, picked up some mountain culture beers from mane before my weekend away. Been some truly sublime tasting ones so far. Best of the lot have been the milkshake IPA and status Quo

😬

Drank it last night. Tasted great.

Heard loads of good stuff about these guys - is it really that good?
It’s mind blowing. Never heard of them before today. Was at mane and they had 3 types. Bloke serving me told me that the pineapple one was average but this and the regular IPA are real good. Yet to try the regular but damn this is good

I went to an international beer festival a few years back. My goodness did that get very, very messy.
Same thing happened to me a few years back at Perth Craft Beerfest.

This time I’ve made a pact with myself that it will be more about tasting than getting absolutely plastered this time, but we will see how long that lasts! :D

Anyone heading to Froth Town this weekend?

So keen to try out some new beers.
I went to Froth Town in September last year (I think it used to be called the Perth Craft Beerfest).

A bit of fun and lots of new beers to try, but I'm not going again anytime soon. Lots of queues (beer/food/toilets) and none of it is cheap. I imagine it will only be busier this year. They seem to have more attactions this year, so that might be good.

I went for the Saturday night session and am probably too old for that these days; would probably hit up a day session if I went again.

Word of advice - if there are popoular brewers with beers you want to try then get there when it opens and have them first. They will run out.

Just got a 4 pack of this.whats everyones thoughts.the bottlo guy said it was pretty popular right now
ce5170f5163e7818a18ae188b41a6502.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got a 4 pack of this.whats everyones thoughts.the bottlo guy said it was pretty popular right now
ce5170f5163e7818a18ae188b41a6502.jpg

I liked it, but it made me feel pretty seedy after 4. IMO those juicy beers aren't meant for big consumption, like 2-3 is the limit.

Great beer. Can't be much still kicking around now

My Dan Murphy's in Cannington is overloaded. Too many people stocking up on Beam and goon that way.

Great beer. Can't be much still kicking around now
Yeah the guy at cellarbrations on Rockingham road joked that they must be the last one with it in stock.i.just grabbed it cause I'd never tried it.didnt know about the hype

Jut stumbled across a slab (24) of these at a vintage cellars in Melb CBD:

For whatever reason it was reduced to $60... and it is really really good drop 👌

Had a few beers down at the Blackwood Brewing Co in Bridgetown today. Their pale ale varieties were a bit average but their Irish Red ale and stout porter were quite good. Wasn't game to buy their truffle or chestnut ales as they were far too pricey.

Grabbed a 6er of the Gage Roads All Day XPA. It's basically Captain Sensible in a different jacket - which isn't a bad thing.

Jut stumbled across a slab (24) of these at a vintage cellars in Melb CBD:

For whatever reason it was reduced to $60... and it is really really good drop 👌
Serious bargain. I’ve bought that beer for around $10 a can or something recently

Seriously though, no wrong options at Blasta, loosely speaking. I'm not a fan of that citrus Hefe they do. The stock Blastaweisen is elite, though, as is anything hoppy and sour they do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back