The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Actually tasted better than the flaming lamington and toasted marshmallows ive had recently
840e1751506f8509ebc83940fe6aceb1.jpg
c931efd095bba85913799bda4fabfc99.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I really enjoyed Flaming Lamington, but I do like chilli.

Apr 29, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

Will be keeping an eye on how all this goes

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

Will be keeping an eye on how all this goes

Then there's this 😳

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
In the middle of a dry spell but think I'm gonna have to grab the new Eaglerock Best Coast DIPA and a Cheeky Monkey Australian IPA for future use.

Was sadly disappointed with the Aussie IPA. Its not bad bit doesn’t stand out like most of their range.

Currently obsessed with othersides Anthem after having it on tap at the Cott hotel.$23 a 4 pack is bargin too.

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
Just back from Adelaide and a reminder of what the tyranny of distance does to prices. Drinking pints of Mountain Culture cult juice for $12 and their Road to Nowhere for $13 a pint at a different bar. My son assures me SA pints aren't really pints but still cheap compared to here.

Just back from Adelaide and a reminder of what the tyranny of distance does to prices. Drinking pints of Mountain Culture cult juice for $12 and their Road to Nowhere for $13 a pint at a different bar. My son assures me SA pints aren't really pints but still cheap compared to here.

A pint in SA is 425ml which is a schooner is all other states and territories. An imperial pint in SA is 570ml which is equivalent to a pint in every other jurisdiction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
Think I've just about had my fill of big, creamy, hazy IPA's for a while, might turn my attention back to the future and look for bright, fruity, summery pales and lagers.

Think I've just about had my fill of big, creamy, hazy IPA's for a while, might turn my attention back to the future and look for bright, fruity, summery pales and lagers.

So many craft lagers and pilsners appeared last summer, expect more this year and cannot wait.

Have yet to really get into Pilsners. Any good ones ?

The GOAT IMO:

1635820477475.png

Last yeah Eagle Bay had an IPP(ilsner), Otherside had an IPH(elles), heaps of places jumping on the IPL(ager) too - my personal fave is the Beerfarm IPL, so good - so if you want a hoppy lagers just keep an eye out on the summer releases. Eagle Bay also do a great Kolsch (though that's an ale but stills a super refreshing summer drink). Mane Liquor had some Epic Brewing Pilsner tins on their page last week that they were spruiking as one of the best beers they've ever had - take from that what you will.

Craft breweries rightly jumping on the lagers for Aussie summer, will be even more this year for sure.

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
The GOAT IMO:

View attachment 1272655

Last yeah Eagle Bay had an IPP(ilsner), Otherside had an IPH(elles), heaps of places jumping on the IPL(ager) too - my personal fave is the Beerfarm IPL, so good - so if you want a hoppy lagers just keep an eye out on the summer releases. Eagle Bay also do a great Kolsch (though that's an ale but stills a super refreshing summer drink). Mane Liquor had some Epic Brewing Pilsner tins on their page last week that they were spruiking as one of the best beers they've ever had - take from that what you will.

Craft breweries rightly jumping on the lagers for Aussie summer, will be even more this year for sure.
I remember drinking 500ml cans of Weihenstephaner out of the fridge for a couple of euro each at Frankfurt airport a decade or so ago. Had an impromptu little party with a Frenchman, a German and an Indian from Sydney, all with lengthy delays or waits between connecting flights. Made some good fleeting friendships over a few drinks and conversation. Used to be what booze was good for, propping yourself up at a bar next to a stranger and having a conversation, doesn't happen so much these days.

mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2010
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors
That full circle marshmallow beer is rock solid. Hard to find their beers up in Perth though. Where did you get it?
Sorry just saw this,probably cellarbration superstore hamilton hill i think it is,Rockingham road

mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2010
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors
Hey fellas,
Doing a boys trip down to margs early December and after some suggestions for breweries/ wineries in the area.
Will be staying in town and doing a bushtucker tour on the friday but got 4 nights down there
Also a bit of a foodie so stopping at chows table on the way down and looking forward to a cheeseburger roti at the brewhouse but any other tips are welcome

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Hey fellas,
Doing a boys trip down to margs early December and after some suggestions for breweries/ wineries in the area.
Will be staying in town and doing a bushtucker tour on the friday but got 4 nights down there
Also a bit of a foodie so stopping at chows table on the way down and looking forward to a cheeseburger roti at the brewhouse but any other tips are welcome

Chows table is so good!

Personally I think the two best breweries down south to grab a feed at are Beerfarm and Wild Hop. Beerfarm do an insane steak dinner night on Friday nights. Then Saturdays at the brewery is more american bbq and tacos and stuff like that. But the guys running their american bbq do some of the best brisket I’ve ever had. Wild hop food is quality and they’re beers are ever changing. Plenty of hazy IPA’s and that kinda thing pouring there. When you book you can book in to get the rotisserie chicken which I recommend for sure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back