Resource The Bargain Bin: footy's best merch sales

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sherrin have got a big sale on their website atm for almost all footys ending tonight, Rebel Sport have got a bit of a sale on some products, JB have a big sale on almost everything. NB finishes tonight (get in quick for cheap official gear) and decent sales on General Pants and Asos which are worth a look. Geez I love unnecessary bargains...

Cheers for this. At $143 the footies are still crazy expensive though. Wonder what the margins are on those...

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
The Jim Kidd at Cockburn Central (shudder... ugghghg) is selling old Newcastle Jets strips from a few years back for 9 bucks. So ten cheaper than the website. They had those god ugly BLK ones or whatever with the sort of gradients stripes, the Heskey era one, and what must have been the year after Heskey (ISC still but the stripes cut off at the back, all yellow collar instead of the half). Never knew there were two variants on that one Jets strip but there you go.

I grabbed one. Some other decent specials there, basketball singlets for 40 (Jazz and Rockets weirdly enough). Don't bother with the Fremantle store either, hasn't been any good for ages. I live close by so go in a bit and it sucks.

But there is one somewhere which is selling something very very interesting. Went for a wander and immediately went 'that's a player issue!' They're shipping OG Giants player issues for 10 bucks, GPS pocket and all, number sublimated... had a heap of numbers, some low and some pretty high. Pretty remarkable and was pretty odd how a bunch of six, seven year old player's jumpers for the Giants are being sold in Western Australia.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
The Jim Kidd at Cockburn Central (shudder... ugghghg) is selling old Newcastle Jets strips from a few years back for 9 bucks. So ten cheaper than the website. They had those god ugly BLK ones or whatever with the sort of gradients stripes, the Heskey era one, and what must have been the year after Heskey (ISC still but the stripes cut off at the back, all yellow collar instead of the half). Never knew there were two variants on that one Jets strip but there you go.

I grabbed one. Some other decent specials there, basketball singlets for 40 (Jazz and Rockets weirdly enough). Don't bother with the Fremantle store either, hasn't been any good for ages. I live close by so go in a bit and it sucks.

But there is one somewhere which is selling something very very interesting. Went for a wander and immediately went 'that's a player issue!' They're shipping OG Giants player issues for 10 bucks, GPS pocket and all, number sublimated... had a heap of numbers, some low and some pretty high. Pretty remarkable and was pretty odd how a bunch of six, seven year old player's jumpers for the Giants are being sold in Western Australia.
Was there the other day but missed the player issues, whereabouts are they in the store

Jul 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Pittsburgh Penguins

Yeah got a Jets strip a few months back for the same price. Gotta love Jim Kidd

KrakouerPhat

Debutant
Oct 5, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Puma in the DFO South Wharf have Richmond 2017 apparel 50% off including Guernseys, Indigenous and Training Gear in all sizes atm
42C065DD-BBAE-4CED-A99D-858924313634.jpeg
B823AD3D-623B-4873-A92C-2084400AC935.jpeg
F2A7E743-6FBC-43BF-9056-E59301747842.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!
For any Pies supporters in Adelaide, Rebel at Marion have a couple of Large 125 Anniversary guernseys for $55.

They've really slackened off with their onfield apparel for both AFL and soccer.. :(
Agree - was in there a few weeks ago hoping for some bargains, but no dice. It's usually chockers out the front, but not this time. Hopefully it's just a bit of a lull before the merch season truly kicks off!
A bit more available at the Mile End Homemaker Centre store the other day, but I only left with 2 much-needed (;)) Port stubbie holders.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Agree - was in there a few weeks ago hoping for some bargains, but no dice. It's usually chockers out the front, but not this time. Hopefully it's just a bit of a lull before the merch season truly kicks off!
A bit more available at the Mile End Homemaker Centre store the other day, but I only left with 2 much-needed (;)) Port stubbie holders.
I actually went there before going to Westfield, and you're right. Much more merch in there, including the West Coast 2018 guernsey!

Same until 2 weeks ago when there were tons when you walk in
Are they under new management now? I swear all over radio there were Paul’s ads about a closing down sale. I was tempted to go there and see how cheap footy boots were since mine ripped.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
A few cheap West Coast items on Rebel. For some reason it's only Eagles stuff discounted to this price. All the navy apparel I guess.

2017 home guernsey - $50
2017 media polo - $40
2017 training singlet - $30
2017 training shorts - $30
Old Logo clearout

Its been in store too but Jimkidd has had all the Eagles 2017 guernseys including training for $39.95 since october last year

The WA AFL Stores also cleared out the guernseys for $40 so it isn't quite a bargain yet, Rebel still have plenty of stock in stores so expect it to drop further.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Old Logo clearout

Its been in store too but Jimkidd has had all the Eagles 2017 guernseys including training for $39.95 since october last year

The WA AFL Stores also cleared out the guernseys for $40 so it isn't quite a bargain yet, Rebel still have plenty of stock in stores so expect it to drop further.

Of course, I completely blanked. Wouldn't mind some old logo clearout for Collingwood too... know anything?

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Of course, I completely blanked. Wouldn't mind some old logo clearout for Collingwood too... know anything?
JimKidd cleared Collingwood and Essendon Guernseys for 39.95 Picked up an indigenous, Country (ess only) and the Home guernseys of each last year. Think they still have the home Guernseys on their site.

Should be Collingwood gear there too.

https://jim-kidd-sports.myshopify.com/collections/collingwood-magpies

They had a bigger range in store than online but I believe Jimkidd is WA only

Remove this Banner Ad

Back