The Basketball board AFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing how you can play at an indoor stadium with no outside variables and still can't hit the side of a barn #onlyatcollingwood

Oh well, everyone apart from the Crows are playing for second anyways

Amazing how you can play at an indoor stadium with no outside variables and still can't hit the side of a barn #onlyatcollingwood

Oh well, everyone apart from the Crows are playing for second anyways
LOL. Adelaide going well but sustaining this current form is a fair task

Need to start looking at the players likely to go top 3

Watching us play is like watching a really old person perched upon a toilet.

Two hours of blood, sweat and tears and yet inevitably nothing to show for it... except a sore stomach and cramp. Which is exactly what I get when watching us play incidentally.

Do we have an off-season thread counterpart to this footy thread?

I might head there.
Don't be too discouraged, there will be a few more teams to feel the wrath of this beautiful human being.

Joe+Daniher+NAB+AFL+Rising+Star+Award+-4j_rP3FOJ4l.jpg

Don't be too discouraged, there will be a few more teams to feel the wrath of this beautiful human being.

Joe+Daniher+NAB+AFL+Rising+Star+Award+-4j_rP3FOJ4l.jpg
He's a stud but * me he's on good terms with himself for a bloke who can't kick straight from 15m out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a stud but **** me he's on good terms with himself for a bloke who can't kick straight from 15m out
He comes across as a quiet, reserved guy off the field but yeh he loves a celebration, seems to be going with the twirl thing. It's a shame his shitty set shot kicking takes so much of the shine off his game because his work around the ground work is brilliant, think he'll end up much more a CHF a-la Reiwoldt than a FF.

I would like everyone to list their top 3 AFL players they would have zero hesitation in giving the Draymond Green treatment to. I'll get the ball rolling

1. Lindsay Thomas - just a complete flog of a human being. Forever giving away dumb free kicks and has angry little man syndrome.
2. Devon Smith - arrogant little thing. Has talent but likes to start things physically he rarely finishes.
3. Josh Caddy - this bloke runs like he's in cold honey and when he magically musters the ability to create sepraration from his opponent and kicks a goal, he celebrates like a complete knob.

Honourable mentions to Joel Selwood - great player but forever whinging
Scott Thompson (NM) - just a complete pest
Either of the Scott twins - hopefully if you kick one the other also feels it

He comes across as a quiet, reserved guy off the field but yeh he loves a celebration, seems to be going with the twirl thing. It's a shame his shitty set shot kicking takes so much of the shine off his game because his work around the ground work is brilliant, think he'll end up much more a CHF a-la Reiwoldt than a FF.
Yeah I think the days off a stay at home FF are dead. Gotta have more strings to your bow and try and lose your opponent up the ground. Yes I can't have the twirl. A little to effeminate for mine.

I would like everyone to list their top 3 AFL players they would have zero hesitation in giving the Draymond Green treatment to. I'll get the ball rolling

1. Lindsay Thomas - just a complete flog of a human being. Forever giving away dumb free kicks and has angry little man syndrome.
2. Devon Smith - arrogant little thing. Has talent but likes to start things physically he rarely finishes.
3. Josh Caddy - this bloke runs like he's in cold honey and when he magically musters the ability to create sepraration from his opponent and kicks a goal, he celebrates like a complete knob.

Current players:
1. Goddard - beat his chest in the grand final then ditched the saints few years later, massive flog and always complains
2. J. Riewoldt - just a flog
3. Marc Murphy - little muppet

All time biggest flogs
1. Matthew Scarlett - biggest flog to ever play AFL
2. Tip rat Milne - obvious reasons.

Honourable mentions:
Joel Selwood - ducker
Dan Hannebery - just seems like a campaigner no other real reasoning.
Lindsay - as you mentioned
Viney - flog
Shuey - ducker

Current players:
1. Goddard - beat his chest in the grand final then ditched the saints few years later, massive flog and always complains
2. J. Riewoldt - just a flog
3. Marc Murphy - little muppet

All time biggest flogs
1. Matthew Scarlett - biggest flog to ever play AFL
2. Tip rat Milne - obvious reasons.

Honourable mentions:
Joel Selwood - ducker
Dan Hannebery - just seems like a campaigner no other real reasoning.
Lindsay - as you mentioned
Viney - flog
Shuey - ducker

Nice list. It must be noted that Scarlett did do the Draymond against the Hawks one day.

The lack of Toby Greene is very disappointing.

He can play and he usually starts what he finishes, especially his 25th beer at Zagame's

I surprised myself with no Hawks, guess I just disliked them as a collective.

Add Stringer to the honourables

I gave Stringer a pass as the media tended to build him up but it appears he's bought into it.

Chad Cornes another who I would not hesitate in delivering a Flagrant 2

1. Hamish McLachlan.

2. See 1, only this time in the style of O'hailpin/Cam Cloke

3a. Mark Robinson

3b. The howler monkeys the MCG employ to make sure that not a single second in between quarters can be filled with anything other than mindless white noise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back