Mod. Notice The Basketball Board Welcome Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

to spuds who don't deserve (joe johnson). will be in touch.

Joe was a quality player who did nothing wrong with us. He managed to keep a dysfunctional franchise in the playoffs when his fellow starters including Josh Smith and Marvin Williams, who are now wasting salary cap space at their new teams.

Blame the franchise for paying overs to Joe. His game is the opposite of all star but he spent many years being a great basketballer and I give him a lot of respect. He did some amazing things in playoffs as well.

To all posters, old and new.

Welcome to the Bigfooty Basketball Board. Here you will find intelligent, mature and engaging commentary on all things basketball. When you find such post, please let me know (lol j/k).

Whilst same rules apply here as on other boards, some are a bit more relaxed. Obviously pron, nudes and bad stuff are not permitted and will be deleted and dealt with accordingly. However, at times tasteful and respectful images are shared. Some posters enjoy these more than others.

Unofficially Kate Upton is our deity.

Just like in any workplace, there are in jokes. Don't worry, if you're new you will catch on quickly.

I do encourage new posters to post, to quote Taylor Swift, "forever and always". There are weekly threads so as not to mass create game by game threads. A week comprises of games featuring between and Monday 0.01am - Sunday 11.59pm (EST - or mod time).

The board accommodates all leagues. So far we do not have a Euro league thread. If you are a fan, create said thread!

Most, if not all, posters are NBA fans. We all love the round ball/hardwood game. We dont seek fights with other codes, and are not interested in a pissing contest.

Rivalries here are fierce yet respectful. If you have a problem with a poster and are new to the board, consult myself via PM. As with written text, sarcasm or intent can be mistaken. I know I once wrote a graphic and suggestive email to a hot girl once. She claimed I was stalking and being a pervert. I claimed ignorance.

Talk about other stuff is also encouraged - especially TV talk.

Anyway, have a great time here. Playoffs are coming (probably without the Lakers)!

im going to try and follow NBA this season use to be a mad Jazz fan back in the day, kinda fell out of love with the sport kinda just keep an eye on the results. seem to have a soft spot for the celtics these days we shall see how the season folds out

+1

The first part, not the Jizz or Celts part.

Used to follow as a kid, then grew up and had a life etc. Now I'm 30+ and have interest again thanks to not having a life and the recent/upcoming influx of Aussies.

I used to follow Hornets back when they had Muggsy, Grandmama, Zo' etc and a soft spot for the Sonics until I stopped caring. Don't care for the current Hornets or the team since they moved, became Bobcats and are now back to the Hornets but wearing the wrong colours. I'm a free agent looking for a new team to support. No soft spots yet despite loosely following it for the past few years. I tend to like players not franchises, probably because whichever teams I like relocate.

+1

Used to follow as a kid, then grew up and had a life etc. Now I'm 30+ and have interest again thanks to not having a life and the recent/upcoming influx of Aussies.

I used to follow Hornets back when they had Muggsy, Grandmama, Zo' etc and a soft spot for the Sonics until I stopped caring. Don't care for the current Hornets or the team since they moved, became Bobcats and are now back to the Hornets but wearing the wrong colours. I'm a free agent looking for a new team to support. No soft spots yet despite loosely following it for the past few years. I tend to like players not franchises, probably because whichever teams I like relocate.

GSW bandwagon is full. Sorry... :p

Seriously... Milwaukee and Orlando would be two good teams to look into as up and coming entertaining teams.

GSW bandwagon is full. Sorry... :p

Seriously... Milwaukee and Orlando would be two good teams to look into as up and coming entertaining teams.

Good thing I'm no bandwagoner :)

Up and coming, entertaining teams are definitely the go. I was thinking T'wolves despite the fact they there is a good chance that they might be s**t forever (I can only ever remember one good Minnesota side). The Jazz have two Aussies which appeals also.

I'll keep a close eye on those two and Orlando as you mentioned and see if something sticks.

+1

may i offer you a position in the mad laker fan base. we have a rich history, many hall of famers, and arguably the most iconic jersey in the league. if you pledge support to the lakers you cannot be accused of bandwagoning cause we're s**t. also, you go in the running to secure the 15th roster spot for the 2015-16 season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

may i offer you a position in the mad laker fan base. we have a rich history, many hall of famers, and arguably the most iconic jersey in the league. if you pledge support to the lakers you cannot be accused of bandwagoning cause we're s**t. also, you go in the running to secure the 15th roster spot for the 2015-16 season.

With respect sir, I just... I can't. I could never ever. I have two rules, the second being the important one here.

Rule 1 - Never support a team that wears red.

Rule 2 - Never follow a big market, bandwagon bait team ala Lakers, New York, Celts or a flavour of the month team ala the Golden State, Cleveland respective bandwagons (I say that out of respect for their current situations and the fans winners attract).

Also another, smaller factor would be not allowing myself to become attached to a team that is likely to relocate as I've been burnt in the past. So markets like Sac = out.

Although I wouldn't consider breaking rule #2, Kobe shits me and I will despise the team for as long as he is around. Now that I've said that I hope you aren't a Kobe lover after extending an invitation I will feel bad :(

I have made progress since my last post in this thread and narrowed it down to two.

Wolves -
Young team with a lot of potential.
Pretty much always been s**t which is a worry

Bucks -
Wear my fav colour. Have a Greek freak.

Think I've convinced myself. Bucks it is. Also a good call from #fidstar

Thank you Peter, you are a darl.

Although I wouldn't consider breaking rule #2, Kobe shits me and I will despise the team for as long as he is around. Now that I've said that I hope you aren't a Kobe lover after extending an invitation I will feel bad :(

Pete's more of a Taylor Swift lover. He's also a #warrior

Also another, smaller factor would be not allowing myself to become attached to a team that is likely to relocate as I've been burnt in the past. So markets like Sac = out.

Think I've convinced myself. Bucks it is.

Yeah, about that...

Thought I should get on this board finally. Celtics since I started collecting cards and loved Larry Bird. Kind of got swept away in Jordan-mania for a bit, but which young kid didnt. Got back into green during the start of the Paul Pierce era, and once The Truth was alongside the big 3 (and 4 once Rondo came on) I have never looked in another direction.

Going to be an interesting few seasons ahead for us. I really like what Brad Stevens is about. One more season of making the playoffs, and a franchie player in our huge cap and I reckon we can be right up there

Surely not? They've been around forever

Thankfully, like the Kings, but unlike the Sonics, they've been saved. Barring a catastrophe the Bucks will be in Milwaukee for another 30 years.

True story - when the Spurs won the Duncan lottery there were grave fears that the team was about to be re-located. Nek minnut..

'Franchise' re-location actually has very little to do with longevity/history or attendance (the Hawks have been worst in that area, yet are never in the gun).

http://deadline.com/2015/07/john-ol...g-scandal-last-week-tonight-video-1201475101/

http://www.theguardian.com/cities/2014/sep/22/-sp-how-american-sports-franchises-sell-cities-short

http://www.psmag.com/business-economics/america-has-a-stadium-problem-62665

I love how clippers players are arguing with the officials about the call and the rockets are already drawing up a play

Remove this Banner Ad

Back