Mod. Notice The Basketball Board Welcome Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

tumblr_mky786AhMN1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Hi! New to NBA. Ordered League Pass. Pumped for the season to begin!

Decided to follow the Bobcats due to the following reasons:
- Wanted to follow a lowly team on the rise, no big expectations just yet.
- I used to play as Charlotte a bit in old NBA games.
- MJ is the owner.
- They're called the Bobcats and I'm a Cats fan. Although I know they're changing to Hornets next year but that's cool.
- When I decided to give this basketball caper a go the game I watched was a Lakers game on youtube and it had McRoberts and Sessions playing for them. Then realised they're on the Bobcats roster so there was an instant connection there.

I watched a couple of last season games and had an emotional attachment to them pretty quickly. Even ordered summer league and pretty pumped about Zeller and how Jefferson can change the team for the better. JT hype, Kemba's improvement, Can MKG fix his shooting style? Can we shoot 3s? I'm pumped!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi! New to NBA. Ordered League Pass. Pumped for the season to begin!

Decided to follow the Bobcats due to the following reasons:
- Wanted to follow a lowly team on the rise, no big expectations just yet.
- I used to play as Charlotte a bit in old NBA games.
- MJ is the owner.
- They're called the Bobcats and I'm a Cats fan. Although I know they're changing to Hornets next year but that's cool.
- When I decided to give this basketball caper a go the game I watched was a Lakers game on youtube and it had McRoberts and Sessions playing for them. Then realised they're on the Bobcats roster so there was an instant connection there.

I watched a couple of last season games and had an emotional attachment to them pretty quickly. Even ordered summer league and pretty pumped about Zeller and how Jefferson can change the team for the better. JT hype, Kemba's improvement, Can MKG fix his shooting style? Can we shoot 3s? I'm pumped!

the ladycats are the best cheerleaders bar none

Welcome Sargemo369

I'm not expecting drastic improvement this season from Charlotte but as long as the effort is there and as our young core continues to improve I will be satisfied.

Loving the increased Bobcats support on BF as of late, as it felt like I was all on my own for about three years.

Always been a fan of the NBA but it has become a lot more real for me in the last year. Followed the Aussies of course and landing in North Cal has been a blessing.

Looking forward to watching the splash brothers go about their business. Hopefully Bogut can stay fit. Looks like he has lost about 10kegs over the off. Iguodala looks sharp in exhibitions.

Have recently secured Clippers and Rockets tix. Heat are a bit pricey but just might make a "gameday" decision.

Looking forward to some chat.

Have recently secured Clippers and Rockets tix. Heat are a bit pricey but just might make a "gameday" decision.

Sounds awesome. Very jealous.

But don't sleep on less marquee teams that will give you cheaper tickets but still very enjoyable games.

Minne (K-Love, Rubio), Detroit (Monroe, J-Smoove, Drummond), New Orleans (Davis, Tyreke, Holiday)

Sounds awesome. Very jealous.

But don't sleep on less marquee teams that will give you cheaper tickets but still very enjoyable games.

Minne (K-Love, Rubio), Detroit (Monroe, J-Smoove, Drummond), New Orleans (Davis, Tyreke, Holiday)

Absolutely. I get the feeling GSW will be a bit of fun no matter who they play. Good point you raise.

Bulls fan - started in the late 80s.

Have a soft spot for GSW when Bogut is playing. Would actually watch a GWS game over the Bulls for entertainment.

Also got a soft spot for the Bobcats. And yes, it's because MJ is the owner.

Weird story is that I wanted the Lakers to lose last year, but this season I actually would like them to make the playoffs. Probably due to the respect I have for Nash. I mean the dude is only my size.

Also happy to support any team playing against Miami.

Howdy.

Started playing and watching basketball when I was eight years old. I have very fond memories of attending Brisbane Bullets games in the 80s.

I loved it when the Melbourne Tigers came to town. The atmosphere was electric and Loggins/Gaze/Copeland were always good value.

Started watching the NBA shortly after, taped all of the NBA Action shows and collected piles of trading cards. Became obsessed with Michael Jordan, his shoes and the Bulls. I'm sure I have the1993 Finals series on VHS somewhere, along with a few Knicks playoffs games and loads of other memorabilia.

Still support the Bulls. Always had a soft spot for the Spurs and Warriors though thanks to the Admiral and Tim Hardaway.

NBA League Pass has pretty much reinvigorated my love for the game. Having such easy access to so much basketball is truly awesome.

Also wish the Seattle Sonics were still in the league. Looking forward to the season and having a chat.

Cheers.

Howdy.

Started playing and watching basketball when I was eight years old. I have very fond memories of attending Brisbane Bullets games in the 80s.

I loved it when the Melbourne Tigers came to town. The atmosphere was electric and Loggins/Gaze/Copeland were always good value.

Started watching the NBA shortly after, taped all of the NBA Action shows and collected piles of trading cards. Became obsessed with Michael Jordan, his shoes and the Bulls. I'm sure I have the1993 Finals series on VHS somewhere, along with a few Knicks playoffs games and loads of other memorabilia.

Still support the Bulls. Always had a soft spot for the Spurs and Warriors though thanks to the Admiral and Tim Hardaway.

NBA League Pass has pretty much reinvigorated my love for the game. Having such easy access to so much basketball is truly awesome.

Also wish the Seattle Sonics were still in the league. Looking forward to the season and having a chat.

Cheers.

The last time I did some packing I came across an old and very dusty version of MJ's Playground on VHS. Could not resist putting it in and watching it. The memories.

The last time I did some packing I came across an old and very dusty version of MJ's Playground on VHS. Could not resist putting it in and watching it. The memories.

I love those old VHS tapes. Had all of the MJ ones like Come Fly With Me, Air Time, Playground but I really loved the Milestones series. The music and the narrator were so cheesy but as a kid it was epic viewing.

welcome to dr noodles and 13then7. nice to hear your stories of how you got into bball/nba.

i also remember the times i had a line of vhs tapes. some of them were even basketball related

I came home one day from school to find that mum had rearranged my whole room. Didn't look her in the eye for about 3 months after that.

G'day all,

I'm probably one of those rare fans who follows NBL much closer than the NBA, but I've been a Rockets fan since the T-Mac days and pretty much have jerseys/t-shirts of all decent Rockets players over the years - but my pride and joy has to be my autographed Yao Ming player tee which he signed when the Shanghai Sharks were in Broome a couple of years ago!

Used to have a stack of NBA and NBL cards as a kid too, not sure what happened to all of them...

Sadly my NBA viewing is restricted to highlight videos now that I don't have League Pass any more (couldn't justify the price tag now I don't have as much spare time, Indian proxies and all), but I definitely keep an eye out on ESPN daily and follow the main Rockets feeds on twitter.

Looking forward to posting here, figure I have to do something during the off season other than get excited over training reports right! :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back