Movie The Batman (2021) SPOILERS!

Remove this Banner Ad

I enjoyed and miss the early-mid 00 Marvel films. The films of Punisher, Daredevil, Hulk etc; are closer to what I appreciate in a comic book film as opposed to what's made now i.e. The comically bad fat Thor that seems to be persisted with.

Watching it again this time in the comforts of not the cinema. It is not as dark. Easier to see things.

The weather ticker at the bottom of the news shows the weather forecast of the regions cities. All say fog or drizzle. People living in Gotham must suffer from the poor sunless weather.

Really enjoyed it. The last goon bats beat up said I’m vengeance. Did we see him before? Funeral? He spoke well considering he just got beaten up

Yes definitely seemed to be the same bloke from the funeral scene. Did very well to even string a couple of words together after the beating he copped.

Currently there is one like and one dislike for your post. Pretty much summarises and symbolises your post.
I think thats unfair, so no one is allowed to on here and not be a fan of this movie, there has been a few posters on here that didnt rate the movie highly? In fact, there has been a mixed reaction online in regards to this movie.

While I wasnt a fan of this movie leading up to its release, I deliberately went in viewing it with an open mind. I didnt love it, nor did I hate it.

Had Nolan's version of Batman never existed, then this movie would probably rank higher for me.

Some movies are an enjoyable re-watch many times over, this is not one of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think thats unfair, so no one is allowed to on here and not be a fan of this movie, there has been a few posters on here that didnt rate the movie highly? In fact, there has been a mixed reaction online in regards to this movie.

While I wasnt a fan of this movie leading up to its release, I deliberately went in viewing it with an open mind. I didnt love it, nor did I hate it.

Had Nolan's version of Batman never existed, then this movie would probably rank higher for me.

I don’t think that’s what he was saying.

The post was about the movie being middling and it has a like and a dislike, also middling. That’s how I read it.

Whikst I really enjoyed the film I have also enjoyed the considered critiques that it has been given in here. Many are far more considered than the standard 1 star “lol rofl trash” IMDb and rotten tomatoes reviews.

I don’t think that’s what he was saying.

The post was about the movie being middling and it has a like and a dislike, also middling. That’s how I read it.

Whikst I really enjoyed the film I have also enjoyed the considered critiques that it has been given in here. Many are far more considered than the standard 1 star “lol rofl trash” IMDb and rotten tomatoes reviews.
Thats how I interpreted as well. He didnt rate it highly was what I was getting at. Which I agree with.

I liked it, but I wouldnt say I enjoyed it. It wasnt memorable for me. One aspect I did like, was that it was "darker" than Nolan's Batman. Mind you for its time Nolan's Batman was dark in comparison all other comic book movies ever. I think if The Batman was made any darker, it would be 18+ and lose a huge chunk for audience. Which I know is the reason and its disappointing that this happened. It happens for a lot of movies.

With IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes, you need to give it time to balance out, fan boys and those giving too negative comments.

Thats how I interpreted as well. He didnt rate it highly was what I was getting at. Which I agree with.

I liked it, but I wouldnt say I enjoyed it. It wasnt memorable for me. One aspect I did like, was that it was "darker" than Nolan's Batman. Mind you for its time Nolan's Batman was dark in comparison all other comic book movies ever. I think if The Batman was made any darker, it would be 18+ and lose a huge chunk for audience. Which I know is the reason and its disappointing that this happened. It happens for a lot of movies.

With IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes, you need to give it time to balance out, fan boys and those giving too negative comments.
I dont really bother with reading the critiques on IMDB anymore, just pointing out that most of the critiques (good and bad) on here have been really considered and articulate.

I dont really bother with reading the critiques on IMDB anymore, just pointing out that most of the critiques (good and bad) on here have been really considered and articulate.

Can safely say I've never read an IMDB review. No interest in doing so. I come across in so much excessive commentary online either way, even so many predictable "woke" related complaints over something people haven't even seen as yet. I prefer to watch and judge for myself.

Personally, Im glad I avoided reading or viewing critiques online before the movie as IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes had given them a high rating.

That's not I was alluding to. The post said

Need to watch it again, didn't love, didn't hate, just there.

So if didn't love = -1, didn't hate = + 1....the result is 0 which = just there.

At the time, the posters post received 1 :thumbsu: and 1 :thumbsdown:. The net result of those thumbs = 0. Just there.

It was a coincidence that surmised Fullbevopercels post

That's not I was alluding to. The post said

So if didn't love = -1, didn't hate = + 1....the result is 0 which = just there.

At the time, the posters post received 1 :thumbsu: and 1 :thumbsdown:. The net result of those thumbs = 0. Just there.

It was a coincidence that surmised Fullbevopercels post

Thanos likes this post.

I liked it, always wanted a kind of cyberpunk Batman. It's kind of a limited movie, but it's really well done. The director, the score worked really well for me. Robert Pattinson was great, he looks a lot younger than 35, more like a 25 year old in this movie.

There were no slower character scenes which was odd. The movie was all about the main plot, and anything we learned about the characters was in that process.
There was the usual sequel bait, but that's just movies now.

And of course they can't escape a bit of Dark Knight influence. The final scene on the bike was very similar to the final scene in TDK. The villain who wants to be captured, etc.

Ive been watching this guy for awhile and appreciate his deep love of the bat. Covering all eras in the comics. If you are so inclined, check out his youtube channel if you are a fan of batman.
Here are his thoughts on the movie. I dont necessarily agree with all but as always, I admire his passion to the batman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back