Movie The Batman (2021) SPOILERS!

Remove this Banner Ad

Horror/thriller Batman. Exactly what was needed.

Hope it's creepy as f**k (like Se7en levels) and mind*ery. I'm totally on board.

Disagree
Great story line , but Bale and Nolan dropped the ball after Begins, we went from an angry Batman working in the shadows attacking his foes using fear to a Batman that confronted everyone head on. Not to mention Batman throat cancer voice that Bale suddenly felt the need to do in the next two films.

one of Nolan biggest weakness is that he couldn’t film a decent fight scene to save his life, as much as I likes the story I felt everything else let it down a lot for me personally.

To me it’s in the top 10 of superhero films but it’s not the best imo...too many flaws And I feel people overate it due to the story and Ledger performance.
Agree.

A great film, but a great "Batman" film.

Not really.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thinking about all the Batman films the only decent action/fight scenes has been the warehouse fight and this trailer ...thats amazing considering how many films there has been

The warehouse fight scene was something else. Amazing stuff. The Nolan films had many glorious action set pieces however for me the standout hand to hand fight happened in Batman Begins (the best film of the trilogy imo).

Inside the narrows where he finds Ra’s loading their train. “I can’t beat two of your pawns?” Always loved the way Bale delivered that line. Then goes hand to hand against 4 of them, loved it however was all over too quick.

The warehouse fight scene was something else. Amazing stuff. The Nolan films had many glorious action set pieces however for me the standout hand to hand fight happened in Batman Begins (the best film of the trilogy imo).

Inside the narrows where he finds Ra’s loading their train. “I can’t beat two of your pawns?” Always loved the way Bale delivered that line. Then goes hand to hand against 4 of them, loved it however was all over too quick.

Batman Begins is the best comic movie ever made imo. I dare say a ridiculously underrated film or maybe just forgotten because its in Dark Knights shadow.
I have watched that movie so many times and was finding new things in it for years some even highlighted more after rises bought them back full circle. Neeson is brilliant is that movie as is Oldman but Bale is just fantastic in that movie because he nails the character of who Batman is almost perfectly for me.
Possibly my favourite moment of the movie and probably any Batman movie is when RA's turn up to Bruce's party and has the monologue about why Gotham needs to be burned down and says to Bruce if someone stands in the way of true justice simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart (which Tahlia did) and Bruce says I will be standing where I belong, between you and the people of Gotham. This line delivery is perfect and it is just the perfect summation of who he is to me. There are many other great moments in the film and really I could just talk about that movie forever.

As far as Bales fights go I loved his first fight with Bane but its not the choregraphy of the fight so much but its the mental battle Bruce is facing when get goes up against Bane and just the choice to have no music just the water gushing but the hits feel so brutal and when Bale lets off the battle cry in the middle of it due to frustration is great and then when you see Selina's regret but Banes dialogue if so great during that scene.

Another great sequence that no one really talks about if the when in the end of the dark knight he figures out that Joker has switched the hostages with his henchmen and this single handedly takes out them and the swat team out without killing and rescues the hostages just showed how smart he is under pressure.

Last edited:
Disagree
Great story line , but Bale and Nolan dropped the ball after Begins, we went from an angry Batman working in the shadows attacking his foes using fear to a Batman that confronted everyone head on. Not to mention Batman throat cancer voice that Bale suddenly felt the need to do in the next two films.

one of Nolan biggest weakness is that he couldn’t film a decent fight scene to save his life, as much as I likes the story I felt everything else let it down a lot for me personally.

To me it’s in the top 10 of superhero films but it’s not the best imo...too many flaws And I feel people overate it due to the story and Ledger performance.

Gee, it's post like this that I'm thankful they brought in a dislike button on Bigfooty.
Wish I could dislike it more than once.

Pattinson in this trailer comes across more of a cop than a caped crusader. Please dont compare this movie to a masterpiece like Se7en. We all know the criminal in this movie is the Joker or the Riddler or both, hardly a suspenseful mystery.

Not sure also why he needs a Batmobile. This is 2020, he looks like he would be more comfortable and suited in an Uber.

If I was to be critical of the fight scene, the fact that Pattinson needed many multiple punches to take down a bum of the street, is a poor reflection of the fighting skills of Pattinson's Batman than anything else.

I do think this movie will appeal to the woke crowd, the casting has been set up to cater for them.

Pattinson in this trailer comes across more of a cop than a caped crusader. Please dont compare this movie to a masterpiece like Se7en. We all know the criminal in this movie is the Joker or the Riddler or both, hardly a suspenseful mystery.

Not sure also why he needs a Batmobile. This is 2020, he looks like he would be more comfortable and suited in an Uber.

If I was to be critical of the fight scene, the fact that Pattinson needed many multiple punches to take down a bum of the street, is a poor reflection of the fighting skills of Pattinson's Batman than anything else.

I do think this movie will appeal to the woke crowd, the casting has been set up to cater for them.

Several things.

How does he come across a cop. There have always been detective elements to Batman

No one is comparing the movie to Se7en. It's more so the influence of shots.

Battison probably could take down these goons in 1-2 shots, but I think they just want to emphasise the brutality and maybe even mental state of Batman.

How is it even appealing to the woke crowd? Just because they changed Commissioner Gordon to a POC? lol

Several things.

How does he come across a cop. There have always been detective elements to Batman

No one is comparing the movie to Se7en. It's more so the influence of shots.

Battison probably could take down these goons in 1-2 shots, but I think they just want to emphasise the brutality and maybe even mental state of Batman.

How is it even appealing to the woke crowd? Just because they changed Commissioner Gordon to a POC? lol

Thanks for unpacking that ridiculousness, I tried but didn’t even know where to begin haha.

Batman Begins is the best comic movie ever made imo. I dare say a ridiculously underrated film or maybe just forgotten because its in Dark Knights shadow.
I have watched that movie so many times and was finding new things in it for years some even highlighted more after rises bought them back full circle. Neeson is brilliant is that movie as is Oldman but Bale is just fantastic in that movie because he nails the character of who Batman is almost perfectly for me.
Possibly my favourite moment of the movie and probably any Batman movie is when RA's turn up to Bruce's party and has the monologue about why Gotham needs to be burned down and says to Bruce if someone stands in the way of true justice simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart (which Tahlia did) and Bruce says I will be standing where I belong, between you and the people of Gotham. This line delivery is perfect and it is just the perfect summation of who he is to me. There are many other great moments in the film and really I could just talk about that movie forever.

As far as Bales fights go I loved his first fight with Bane but its not the choregraphy of the fight so much but its the mental battle Bruce is facing when get goes up against Bane and just the choice to have no music just the water gushing but the hits feel so brutal and when Bale lets off the battle cry in the middle of it due to frustration is great and then when you see Selina's regret but Banes dialogue if so great during that scene.

Another great sequence that no one really talks about if the when in the end of the dark knight he figures out that Joker has switched the hostages with his henchmen and this single handedly takes out them and the swat team out without killing and rescues the hostages just showed how smart he is under pressure.

Absolutely agree regarding Batman Begins. Particularly loved homage paid to Miller’s Year One, still a glorious move that I never tire of. Many regard TDK as the best of all time which is fair enough. Batman Begins is peerless for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for unpacking that ridiculousness, I tried but didn’t even know where to begin haha.

Absolutely agree regarding Batman Begins. Particularly loved homage paid to Miller’s Year One, still a glorious move that I never tire of. Many regard TDK as the best of all time which is fair enough. Batman Begins is peerless for me.
My only gripe with Begins was that ridiculous dialogue with wayne towers about the water line and how comical Gordon was in the tumbler

otherwise it was near perfect and easily the best Batman film to date so far

DC need to get their sh*t together and start afresh with one focused 'universe'.

Robbie and Gadot would seem to be the two most worth keeping from what I've seen (I haven't watched many of the films after the dumpster fire that was BvS). Can't really think of anybody else who has cemented their spot based on merit. Though I'd be all behind seeing cameos from Courtney as Boomerang outside of SS movies too.

Hopefully Pattinson does Batman justice, I'm cautiously optimistic.
I agree. The whole DC justice league universe aside from wonder woman and Aqua man has been an inconsistent disaster.

I think they could use Robs batman reboot to link into a superman reboot and then link them into a justice league reboot.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree. The whole DC justice league universe aside from wonder woman and Aqua man has been an inconsistent disaster.

I think they could use Robs batman reboot to link into a superman reboot and then link them into a justice league reboot.

Well rumour has it that the flash movie will reboot the DCU so who knows

my issue with DC is you have Batman in a dark corner and Superman is a light happy corner and it’s hard to make them fit together.

my issue with DC is you have Batman in a dark corner and Superman is a light happy corner and it’s hard to make them fit together.

Was he really in a light happy corner though? Snyder and Goyer way overcooked the brooding/frowning depiction. Nothing to do with Cavill’s performance, he was just doing the best with very flawed material.

Was he really in a light happy corner though? Snyder and Goyer way overcooked the brooding/frowning depiction. Nothing to do with Cavill’s performance, he was just doing the best with very flawed material.
I was talking in general traditional toneS...the amount of negativity and whinging about making Superman a bit more darker was pretty loud ( I liked MOS personally ).

I was talking in general traditional toneS...the amount of negativity and whinging about making Superman a bit more darker was pretty loud ( I liked MOS personally ).

Yes Man of Steel still holds up very well for me, some of Zimmer’s finest work too. Still have major issues with the last 15 minutes however. A dark Superman isn’t necessarily bad, having that gloomy depiction drag on through BvS was a mistake imo where there was definitely scope for some more hope/optimism in that movie.

WAT.jpg

Batman is a dark hero and he needs to remain in that mysterious space. That's why the batman movies with Val Kilmer and George Clooney fell flat.

The problem with superman is the writers can't make up their mind as to how powerful he is. In bvs he is vulnerable, in JL he is an unbeatable God. He needs to be consistent. Batman is consistent. That's what marvel did really well is keep the heroes consistent. Fix superman and they solve JL. it's clear fans think superman is unbeatable so write him like that. The minute they had batman almost killing superman was the moment they killed the whole thing. It was ludicrous and totally disrespectful to the character of superman and worse totally unrealistic because batmans back would have shattered moments before when superman threw him hard into a wall.

The issue I think with superman is everyone's been afraid to touch him since Reeve made it his own. So writers lost touch with the character and movies 3 and 4 in the original series confused the whole concept. Donners superman should be the blue print and reeves superman is too powerful. It's often overlooked in the original Kent spent years training to be superman in the fortress of solitude. So he is all powerful and trained. Not like cavills. So respect the character and the rest of JL should be easy.

Yes Man of Steel still holds up very well for me, some of Zimmer’s finest work too. Still have major issues with the last 15 minutes however. A dark Superman isn’t necessarily bad, having that gloomy depiction drag on through BvS was a mistake imo where there was definitely scope for some more hope/optimism in that movie.
Man of steel was ok but to me lacked the charm of the original Reeve movie. I think it could have been handled alot better. Especially how he becomes Superman. And BVS was garbage and they should never have had batman beating superman in a fight.

Superman/Clark Kent is generally a pretty dull character in my eyes.
And BVS was garbage and they should never have had batman beating superman in a fight.
Why? Superhero fights shouldn’t just be determined by strength and powers.

Man of steel was ok but to me lacked the charm of the original Reeve movie. I think it could have been handled alot better. Especially how he becomes Superman. And BVS was garbage and they should never have had batman beating superman in a fight.

The first Donner film really did change the game for superhero movies. Laid the groundwork for what we have today, a great movie.

As for Batman fighting Superman, I don’t really have an issue with this. However Snyder/Goyer failed here where Miller succeeded. He executed it brilliantly in TDKR, tying in a number of variables together to make it plausible for Batman to confront him. The nuclear bomb he stopped, the ensuing winter blocking out the sun, far more refreshing than just resorting to good ol kryptonite.

Anyway, I didn’t have a problem with the concept of their fight. My issues are more so with the character depictions, lack of context/background (a result of cramming in 3 movies into 1) and so on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back