Movie The Batman (2021) SPOILERS!

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide
Superman/Clark Kent is generally a pretty dull character in my eyes.

Why? Superhero fights shouldn’t just be determined by strength and powers.
I understand your point. However my point is that either superman is either unbeatable or he is. It makes no sense to have superman beaten by a human only to come back the next movie and be able to smack all of justice league into next week with batman having no ability to stop him and then he stops the main villian at the end that batman had no chance. So either do or you don't. That inconsistency makes the whole movies nonsense.

Personally I think it was a mistake to have them fight. The whole movie has him seeking out heroes to make a team yet superman was the problem and had to die. Please.....

Also if you can answer how batmans back wasn't shattered in the fight that would be great.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I understand your point. However my point is that either superman is either unbeatable or he is. It makes no sense to have superman beaten by a human only to come back the next movie and be able to smack all of justice league into next week with batman having no ability to stop him and then he stops the main villian at the end that batman had no chance. So either do or you don't. That inconsistency makes the whole movies nonsense.

Personally I think it was a mistake to have them fight. The whole movie has him seeking out heroes to make a team yet superman was the problem and had to die. Please.....

Also if you can answer how batmans back wasn't shattered in the fight that would be great.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app
No need to explain any of it, those movies were just terrible. :)

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Put on Batman (1966) also known as Batman: The Movie. Liked the start with a shark attack. Then I'm A Soviet Russian character appeared. Have pressed stop.

Put on Batman (1966) also known as Batman: The Movie. Liked the start with a shark attack. Then I'm A Soviet Russian character appeared. Have pressed stop.
No no no you gotta watch the bomb scene !

HAPPY BUDDHA

🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
I personally prefer the Tim Burton version of Batman from 1989.
Jack Nicholson was an awesome Joker and probably gave the closest portrayal to the source material of the character besides Cesar Romero.

HAPPY BUDDHA

🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
The Dark Knight, is the best comic book movie adaptation of all time.
I wouldn’t say it is that definite bro.

The Crow
Blade
Watchmen
Road to Perdition
X-Men
X2
The Avengers

These are all fantastic comic book based movies that can also claim that title depending on personal preferences of course.
To me it’s in the top 10 of superhero films but it’s not the best imo...too many flaws And I feel people overate it due to the story and Ledger performance.
I really dislike reviews that mention things such as ‘too many flaws’ or ‘so many plot holes’ but then don’t expand on those judgements and provide examples.

Just throw away lines that provide no information or explanation & basically only come across as lazy or baseless critique.

Sorry man.

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong

The Crow
Blade
Watchmen
Road to Perdition
X-Men
X2
The Avengers

These are all fantastic comic book based movies that can also claim that title depending on personal preferences of course.

I really dislike reviews that mention things such as ‘too many flaws’ or ‘so many plot holes’ but then don’t expand on those judgements and provide examples.

Just throw away lines that provide no information or explanation & basically only come across as lazy or baseless critique.

Sorry man.
I wrote out all the flaws above that if you bothered to actually read my quote in full

sorry not sorry

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Disagree
Great story line , but Bale and Nolan dropped the ball after Begins, we went from an angry Batman working in the shadows attacking his foes using fear to a Batman that confronted everyone head on. Not to mention Batman throat cancer voice that Bale suddenly felt the need to do in the next two films.

one of Nolan biggest weakness is that he couldn’t film a decent fight scene to save his life, as much as I likes the story I felt everything else let it down a lot for me personally.

To me it’s in the top 10 of superhero films but it’s not the best imo...too many flaws And I feel people overate it due to the story and Ledger performance.
nolans fight scenes had some semblance of reality which made them riveting. All other actions movies fight scenes are so fantastical and with fast moving shots that they are boring and silly.

The Crow
Blade
Watchmen
Road to Perdition
X-Men
X2
The Avengers

Sorry man.

I can't give you Watchmen

Not so much that the movie was bad as it is that the graphic novel was good.

HAPPY BUDDHA

🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
I can't give you Watchmen

Not so much that the movie was bad as it is that the graphic novel was good.
I really enjoyed Watchmen as a film but in my opinion I would say 300 reigns supreme as comic to film adaption with Blade a very close 2nd.

I really enjoyed Watchmen as a film but in my opinion I would say 300 reigns supreme as comic to film adaption with Blade a very close 2nd.
I couldn't comment on the 300 comic but i loved the movie.

Never read Blade and reckon i only saw it once.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
Most definitely worth checking out. Very different tone to BvS, different director and so on. Momoa is perfectly cast, the movie did over a $1b and has a sequel in the works. Highly recommend.

Couldn't disagree more. I didn't mind BvS and I like Justice League but Aquaman was just garbage. Pure run of the mill Hollywood garbage

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
This isn't going to be another origin story is it? If it is it's getting to Spiderman territory, we don't need to see the Wayne's get gunned down in Crime Alley again.

Burton's Batman created this for the big screen, Nolan's Batman perfected it, I don't see any reason to revisit it again.

Who is the villain in this one? It would be good if they just picked one of the great comic stories and adapted as a standalone movie, from memory the Long Halloween was a good one, Hush was pretty good too - the Killing Joke wouldn't get up due to the content. Would be far better than trying to reboot the entire story again.

HAPPY BUDDHA

🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
This isn't going to be another origin story is it? If it is it's getting to Spiderman territory, we don't need to see the Wayne's get gunned down in Crime Alley again.

Burton's Batman created this for the big screen, Nolan's Batman perfected it, I don't see any reason to revisit it again.

Who is the villain in this one? It would be good if they just picked one of the great comic stories and adapted as a standalone movie, from memory the Long Halloween was a good one, Hush was pretty good too - the Killing Joke wouldn't get up due to the content. Would be far better than trying to reboot the entire story again.
I reckon they should just give Batman a rest altogether. Talk about overkill FFS.

I never really got the massive popularity with this character anyway and surely with all the billions they have already spent on re-hash after re-hash after re-vive could they have not just created something new or perhaps even gone for something or someone less overused?

Talk about flogging a dead horse.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
I reckon they should just give Batman a rest altogether. Talk about overkill FFS.

I never really got the massive popularity with this character anyway and surely with all the billions they have already spent on re-hash after re-hash after re-vive could they have not just created something new or perhaps even gone for something or someone less overused?

Batman's my favourite comic book character, been that way since I saw Burton's Batman at the movies as a kid. But yeah I agree, no need for another reboot here, give it a rest for a while.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees

The villains were all featured in the trailer. Riddler primarily, Catwoman was also there and a very quick glimpse at Cobblepot. An almost unrecognisable Colin Farrell.

Expect the series to be rebooted in the 2030s, TDKR was released only about 8 years ago.

From a commercial point of view, it makes sense.

Correct me if I am wrong, but hasnt every incarnation of Batman shown the Wayne's parents being gunned down.

I expect if this new series becomes a trilogy, expect to see it again. Hell it may even appear in the 1st movie again. Makes sense, probably a whole new generation of followers that dont know the origin story.

Back