Movie The Batman (2021) SPOILERS!

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you know if those DC character films be based in the same Universe like the Marvels or have their own individual box worlds separate from one another?

Aside from The Batman, the movies listed above are to be set within the same universe. The Batman is a stand alone venture, similar to Joaquin Phoenix’s Joker and doesn’t tie in to the other films.

From my understanding though, DC will focus on contained movies set around the characters in question. With perhaps a few references to others/or maybe a cameo.

Not sure if you’ve seen Shazam, but (without giving away spoilers) it referenced Batman and Superman conversationally so as to establish that the Shazam setting also takes place in the same world.

So it’s different to the Marvel setting of many characters coming in and out of the movies. DC tried it, rushed it to play catch up, and the end products were nowhere near what they should have been. I don’t believe there’s going to be a big ‘team up’ style DC movie on the cards until The Flash movie in 2022/23.

Aside from The Batman, the movies listed above are to be set within the same universe. The Batman is a stand alone venture, similar to Joaquin Phoenix’s Joker and doesn’t tie in to the other films.

From my understanding though, DC will focus on contained movies set around the characters in question. With perhaps a few references to others/or maybe a cameo.

Not sure if you’ve seen Shazam, but (without giving away spoilers) it referenced Batman and Superman conversationally so as to establish that the Shazam setting also takes place in the same world.

So it’s different to the Marvel setting of many characters coming in and out of the movies. DC tried it, rushed it to play catch up, and the end products were nowhere near what they should have been. I don’t believe there’s going to be a big ‘team up’ style DC movie on the cards until The Flash movie in 2022/23.
I'm more of a fan of the Marvel Universe than DC anyway, even though Batman is probably my favourite individual character. I'm not a big fan of DC's depth of characters whereas there's a number of Marvel characters or teams I like, I watch most of the DC stuff too though because I like the genre.

I'm more of a fan of the Marvel Universe than DC anyway, even though Batman is probably my favourite individual character. I'm not a big fan of DC's depth of characters whereas there's a number of Marvel characters or teams I like, I watch most of the DC stuff too though because I like the genre.

That’s fair enough, there’s something available within the genre for everyone. I’m DC through and through. But what Marvel have achieved in their movie universe under Kevin Feige’s vision is one of the greatest examples of an execution of a business plan. Phenomenal.

potential sequel bad guy i presume then

It’s laying the groundwork for a new trilogy and hence the establishment for many potential villains. The Gotham mafia and underground also to heavily feature, with crime links of Falcone to be investigate by Batman.

My understanding is that Riddler is the prime villain here. For what it’s worth I think Collin Farrel looks sensational as Cobblepott, that accent is on point. Zoe Kravitz also very well cast.

It’s laying the groundwork for a new trilogy and hence the establishment for many potential villains. The Gotham mafia and underground also to heavily feature, with crime links of Falcone to be investigate by Batman.

My understanding is that Riddler is the prime villain here. For what it’s worth I think Collin Farrel looks sensational as Cobblepott, that accent is on point. Zoe Kravitz also very well cast.

Yeah from that preview catwoman looks like she may be on batmans side to an extent and then maybe things turn sour for a sequel?

i love batman, the best hero movies (well, except the clooney and kilmer ones)

Yeah from that preview catwoman looks like she may be on batmans side to an extent and then maybe things turn sour for a sequel?

i love batman, the best hero movies (well, except the clooney and kilmer ones)

That’s classic Selina Kyle. Not necessarily on someone’s “side”, but mostly what would suit her. I hope she features throughout the trilogy (if that trilogy comes to fruition).

It’s hard to top Hans Zimmer’s music, however this new Batman theme is brilliant I feel. Suits the iteration perfectly.

so the riddler, carwoman and the penguin?

Im not a fan when there is more than 1 or 2 bad guys....not enough character development and too jumbled.
I think Batman villains are that well established that you can get away with it, to the point where it feels like a waste if you don't dip into the rogues gallery even if it's just for a cameo (like Scarecrow in Dark Knight Rises).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so the riddler, carwoman and the penguin?

Im not a fan when there is more than 1 or 2 bad guys....not enough character development and too jumbled.
I think where it’s gone awry with multiple villains is where you pack their origins in it as well and don’t have a clear lead antagonist (ie Spider-Man 3, TASM2).

The Nolan films did pretty well with multiple villains. If Penguin and Catwoman aren’t a bigger part of it than say Scarecrow, Falconi, Maroni, Two Face and Catwoman from those films it’ll be ok.

What will be interesting is when they inevitably introduce the Joker, so soon after Ledger, Leto and Phoenix. It’ll be hard to come up with an original take.

I think where it’s gone awry with multiple villains is where you pack their origins in it as well and don’t have a clear lead antagonist (ie Spider-Man 3, TASM2).

The Nolan films did pretty well with multiple villains. If Penguin and Catwoman aren’t a bigger part of it than say Scarecrow, Falconi, Maroni, Two Face and Catwoman from those films it’ll be ok.

What will be interesting is when they inevitably introduce the Joker, so soon after Ledger, Leto and Phoenix. It’ll be hard to come up with an original take.
Nolan films had one bad guy per movie, worked very well, even with the lesser known villains.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Nolan films had one bad guy per movie, worked very well, even with the lesser known villains.

Ummmmm did you miss begins or TDK? Besides the scarecrow the other villains were very well known

begins: ra al ghul and scarecrow and falcone

TDK: joker and two face

TDKR: Bane and Talia

Ummmmm did you miss begins or TDK? Besides the scarecrow the other villains were very well known

begins: ra al ghul and scarecrow and falcone

TDK: joker and two face

TDKR: Bane and Talia
I had never heard of ra Al Ghul and bane I'd barely heard of (I'm not a comic fan so only know previous movie villains, joker, Catwoman, riddler, penguin etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back