Discussion The Battle for Jericho

Remove this Banner Ad

Aahhh. David Stropper. I had such high hopes.

6ft4, nice hands, good kick, mandatory blond hair.

Such a shame he grew his hair so long he could no longer see the ball.

Let's not forget the headband either please.

Treated unfairly? :D 6 years on the list for the biggest dud to ever be on an AFL list.

Played in the backlines? :D Never, EVER played in the backlines for the AFC. Spent maybe a month there for West Adelaide in 2007 before deciding to move to Norwood because he couldn't handle a coach not liking him (was on the verge of being dropped to SANFL reserves. Biggest dud ever.

PLEASE pick him up! :)

Lawrence, Brooks, Heath black, Luke Penny and F.Watts all cost us draft picks under 33 :eek:

Luke Penny was well worth it. Excellent player. Just unlucky how injury cut his playing days well short. Heath Black was a good player in 2004. The rest were worthless.

is a player with all the natural ability one needs to succeed at afl level.
lacks confidence and i believe that any side who could afford the odd bad game out of a third/fourth string leading forward could do much worse - but he needs to play consistently and be played consistently/

having said that, I don't believe that he'll get picked up again.

next year will be the year to be delisted given the gc draft concessions and necessity to form an inaugral squad

Luke Penny was well worth it. Excellent player. Just unlucky how injury cut his playing days well short. Heath Black was a good player in 2004. The rest were worthless.

I thought Steve Lawrence was decent. Had that mongrel in him that you need. Probably too slow to be a top notch player.

The loss of Luke Penny was probably the biggest loss in terms of playing personnel the club has had in the last 10 years (speaking in terms of careers cut short, not R Harvey's retirement).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back