The battle for top 4 2020/21

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
It;s hard to know if we are back or not. We have won three matches in a row against Wolves, RB Leipzig and Arsenal. So results are there, performance wise, we were back to our best against Arsenal.

If we are 90% back to our best I think we can definitely challenge for that 4th spot, we have a pretty favourable run of fixtures to end the season too.

Our manager can't even work out who is at training and who is still on international duty. Embarrassing that we are in this top 4 race. The golden boot and assist leader has carried us more than any side has been carried before
Storm in a teacup. If he answers that he’s benched him for the derby/Zagreb week then he gets blasted for throwing them under the bus. White lie, gets blasted. Frankly who gives a s**t?

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Storm in a teacup. If he answers that he’s benched him for the derby/Zagreb week then he gets blasted for throwing them under the bus. White lie, gets blasted. Frankly who gives a sh*t?
There's trouble brewing. I don't particularly mind tbh whether it's the manager or a large portion of the playing group that this all implodes on.

There's trouble brewing. I don't particularly mind tbh whether it's the manager or a large portion of the playing group that this all implodes on.

Know damn well who I’d sack first. The perennial losers. Also we ended up with Rodon (who has been decent) because we couldn’t afford Dias. Put Dias in our back 4 and we absolutely defend better. Jose has always been a “get my first choice and we’ll win” sort of coach.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams

Know damn well who I’d sack first. The perennial losers. Also we ended up with Rodon (who has been decent) because we couldn’t afford Dias. Put Dias in our back 4 and we absolutely defend better. Jose has always been a “get my first choice and we’ll win” sort of coach.

But we are the sort of club that is a get my first choice and we will win because of ENIC. I thought they might change their ways with him but they haven't. And as you've said gutting the place and buying who Mou wants in this market is impossible. Also do we really trust our scouting network with any money at all? Neto cost 8m less than Bergwijn. Davinson cost 40m when that was massive.

But we are the sort of club that is a get my first choice and we will win because of ENIC. I thought they might change their ways with him but they haven't. And as you've said gutting the place and buying who Mou wants in this market is impossible. Also do we really trust our scouting network with any money at all? Neto cost 8m less than Bergwijn. Davinson cost 40m when that was massive.
Now we’re treading back over old ground again, don’t make me quote balance sheet items..

Then dont complain that we aren't winning and it isn't working for Jose.

If we dont have the money to spend we shouldn't hire a manager who needs funds to win.
Not complaining my man. Been saying it for a while that this is where we are, accepted it. Others haven’t

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Not complaining my man. Been saying it for a while that this is where we are, accepted it. Others haven’t
I think I was one of the first to say we are a 6th-9th sort of club and we overachieved for years.

My issue is having the 2nd highest paid manager with that sort of base. A manager who complains about the squad after saying the squad was great. A manager lying and throwing people under the bus, regardless of if they're good enough or not. He obviously signed not thinking we are a 6th-9th club so it's not really his fault either. He was a good signing as manager if we were a club with short term ambitions, we don't. Now lets move him on and start the rebuild and play the youth and finish in the 6th-9th range and not have a manager complaining about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It;s hard to know if we are back or not. We have won three matches in a row against Wolves, RB Leipzig and Arsenal. So results are there, performance wise, we were back to our best against Arsenal.

If we are 90% back to our best I think we can definitely challenge for that 4th spot, we have a pretty favourable run of fixtures to end the season too.
I reckon the Arsenal win gave us some false hope. They are an absolutely dreadful side. Several teams found the blueprint on how to beat us yet Arteta's side couldn't even muster anything going forward. No threat at all.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Screenshot_20210412-074344_Samsung Internet.jpg

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Those last 3 for Leicester, yikes.

I hope Callum Wilson isn't a chance of playing this weekend either....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back