The battle for top 4 2020/21

Remove this Banner Ad

7 points with 10 to go is nothing. I'd put it more in the "up against it" category, and I'm sure there was a point where I thought you wouldn't make it.

But for most of the past few months I thought you would.

Last edited:
With 10 games to go we looked absolutely gone. No chance from there really. Amazing that we finished 3rd.

View attachment 1136921
After we drew with Newcastle I thought it was very very slim. We were also 8 points + GD behind Leicester with 5 games left. Chelsea then beat Man City right after this to make it 7 points + GD with 5 left, but we had a game in hand. But West Ham were ahead of us and Everton had a game in hand and could have leapfrogged us also.
1621924538348.png

7 points with 10 to go is nothing. I'd put it more in the "up against it" category, and I'm sure there was a point where I thought you wouldn't make it.

But for most of the past few months I thought you would.
It wasnt just the 7 points, it was the fact it was 7 points and several other points behind other teams. If we were 5th and 7 points back with 10 to play. Doable. But it wasnt just Chelsea we had to catch, we had to catch Everton, Spurs, West Ham, Villa could have gone by us, at this point I thought we were massive long shots to make it.

Also given our form too just seemed like we were gone. But then we went 8-2-0 in the last 10.

Form definitely had to improve,remember there was a Ehropean game which I could see.you losing the way you were playing. But you won convincingly and that carried on.
I had more belief that a lot of other fans once we got it back into our hands. We had to win out, our last four, one being away to United but we were back in form and I thought we getting closer to last seasons champions team with the way we would grind out results.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back