The battle for top 4 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you imagine the damage poch would wreak on world football managing manu with their bottomless pit of money.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

as much as i dislike Manure, i respect everything SAF built with them.
it quite sad seeing them go through s**t manager after s**t manager.

Three months is a long time to talk about form. 5-8 games is a better measure.

Fwiw last 6 games it's spurs-city-Liverpool as the top 3 form sides

Yet Liverpool have been in better form that the two mentioned teams over the last 3 months
Have they? You guys lose to opposition you shouldn't lose to. Like Swansea, just to name one.

Spurs in particular have been very good of late.

Need to take cruyffy with a grain of salty, will never give LFC credit.
Not true at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet Liverpool have been in better form that the two mentioned teams over the last 3 months
So? You still sold Coutinho.

Tottenham have a better team than Liverpool right now and are in good form.

Three months is a long time to talk about form. 5-8 games is a better measure.

Fwiw last 6 games it's spurs-city-Liverpool as the top 3 form sides
8-3-1 since December. Only Chelski (A) and City (H) of note to go now, and by MD35 City may be focusing on other silverware.
Don't drop points to all the s**t below us and we should get 3rd. Don't think we'll catch Utd.

Have they? You guys lose to opposition you shouldn't lose to. Like Swansea, just to name one.

Spurs in particular have been very good of late.

Not true at all.
Yep. 1 loss in almost 4 months. s**t form.

Its not like united or Tottenham lose to teams they should beat either.

I guess Tottenham arent expected to beat Leicester or West Ham? And united definately arent expected to beat Newcastle and Brighton?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So? You still sold Coutinho.

Tottenham have a better team than Liverpool right now and are in good form.
Yet our formline reads better over the last 10 games.

Plus we have lost a heap since Coutinho left.......oh wait

Yet our formline reads better over the last 10 games.

Plus we have lost a heap since Coutinho left.......oh wait

Like I said, let's see if you can sustain consistency. You beat Southampton last night but lost to Swansea a 3 games ago.

Tottenham have a better team, and in good form, I would expect them to outperform Liverpool for the rest of the year.

11 games to go. We've got city at home and Chelsea away. Well get 1-2 points there. Need to really make sure we get 24 out of the other 27. That'd take us to 77-78 points

Would mean Man U would need to get 20/33 so yeah they're out of reach, Liverpool 23/33, Chelsea 27/36.

Clearly our best chance is to keep Chelsea out. Can't see the other two only getting 20 and 23 points.

11 games to go. We've got city at home and Chelsea away. Well get 1-2 points there. Need to really make sure we get 24 out of the other 27. That'd take us to 77-78 points

Would mean Man U would need to get 20/33 so yeah they're out of reach, Liverpool 23/33, Chelsea 27/36.

Clearly our best chance is to keep Chelsea out. Can't see the other two only getting 20 and 23 points.
United still have to play the Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and City. The first 3 are at home though. So they should be taking points off the other contenders
Liverpool only have United away and Chelsea at home left
Chelsea still have United and City away plus Tottenham and Liverpool at home left.
Arsenal doesn't matter anymore

The City game for us will be after they have wrapped up the title so their focus will probably be on other competitions.

Looking at the matches left i think Liverpool and us have the easiest draws. Chelsea the toughest

December-February Liverpool and Spurs have identical records in the league.

Liverpool: 28 points from 13 games, GD + 20

Tottenham: 28 points from 13 games, GD + 18

I think City will drop off cos the league is now in the bag. Can see arsenal beating them in MD28.

Also with CL now restarting it’s going to affect league results. 11 league games left - 7 or 8 wins should bag a top four spot imo for the contenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back