The battle to stay up

Remove this Banner Ad

Would depend on who Newcastle can pick up, and what they can do when they arrive. In general how covid cases will affect teams (will it be classified as a Forefit?). Burnley are a good chance of staying up with a couple of games in hand.

I think Leeds, Newcastle Norwich. Watford just to stay up.

Norwich are definitely done. Hopefully Leeds can bugger off too. Be nice to see Burnley go as well but their three games in hand could help them.

Newcastle in big strife too.
Newcastle are the one's I want gone. Can take their money and * off to the Championship.

Get the feeling Newcastle will spend their way out of trouble. Hoping we can keep ahead of Burnley, Watford and Norwich. If we get a fair bit of players back can even see us going up a few spots.

Yep, expect Newcastle to spend a * ton of money in January to avoid relegation. At the moment, Watford have 2 games in hand and Burnley 3 in hand on Newcastle but those clubs are where they are for a reason so I don’t see them doing much with their games in hand.

I can definitely see Newcastle offering a £30-50M fee for a player who they can sign on a pre-contract.

Yep, expect Newcastle to spend a fu** ton of money in January to avoid relegation. At the moment, Watford have 2 games in hand and Burnley 3 in hand on Newcastle but those clubs are where they are for a reason so I don’t see them doing much with their games in hand.

I can definitely see Newcastle offering a £30-50M fee for a player who they can sign on a pre-contract.
Would need much more then pre contracts and with such a fight to survive it may be hard to get players in. Despite the money they have. Doesn't the championship have a salary cap now?

Yep, expect Newcastle to spend a fu** ton of money in January to avoid relegation. At the moment, Watford have 2 games in hand and Burnley 3 in hand on Newcastle but those clubs are where they are for a reason so I don’t see them doing much with their games in hand.

Can they do that under FFP rules ?

Some good results for Leeds in the past couple of weeks, not safe by any means, esp as Phillips and Cooper are out to March, but does give us some breathing space for now.

Watford and Burnley turning to total poo in recent months helps our cause as well.

Can they do that under FFP rules ?

Some good results for Leeds in the past couple of weeks, not safe by any means, esp as Phillips and Cooper are out to March, but does give us some breathing space for now.

Watford and Burnley turning to total poo in recent months helps our cause as well.
They have a lot of wiggle room. Ashley had not spent much and was quite profitable over the relative period of time. They have the ability to loose $250 million (not including spend on community, infrastructure and women's football) and that doesn't include new sponsorship which is currently less then what Brighton earn (5% growth over 15 years).

Been a great weekend for Leeds, have some breathing space now.

We have Newcastle at home next week, win that and we edge close to safety.

I don't think the normal 35 points will be needed to stay up this season, cause the bottom 3 have been so poor, reckon 30 points probably will be enough to stay up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been a great weekend for Leeds, have some breathing space now.

We have Newcastle at home next week, win that and we edge close to safety.

I don't think the normal 35 points will be needed to stay up this season, cause the bottom 3 have been so poor, reckon 30 points probably will be enough to stay up

The bottom three where Norwich just beat Everton, Newcastle are signing a new squad, and Burnly have 3-4 games in hand?

The bottom three where Norwich just beat Everton, Newcastle are signing a new squad, and Burnly have 3-4 games in hand?

Not worried about Norwich and Burnley at all, Watford will probably replace Newcastle in the bottom 3 at some point.

Haha wtf.

jd2010 shows the new owners have no investment in the club other than scraping PL funds off them.

Far out, this is becoming a joke.

Hopefully the San Fran 49ers can win the Superbowl and use some of that revenue to pump into Leeds.

I think statistically Leeds is a 3% chance of being relegated, too many good young players in the underbelly. They will finish above Southampton, Palace etc imo.

Think it really just is out of Watford/Newcastle for that last spot.

I think newcastle will be relegated. Howe hasn't been getting anything out of them. I think Norwich will be a sneaky to stay up.

Everton below us as well, so that's perfect.

What have Burnley done with their previous 17 games?

I know you'll have all your fingers and toes crossed, but I think you may have spunked your money.

View attachment 1312579

I already cashed out for a tasty profit before you played Burnley. Knew if you won that the cash out would die.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back