The battle to stay up

Remove this Banner Ad

When Leicester were going on their golden run in 2015-16, most people would have thought "surely they can't keep this up and will drop off eventually". They never did and they won the league having only lost three times that season. The reverse is happening with Everton, all along I thought "they have to pick up eventually, especially now that the fat waiter is gone", but it's getting more and more likely that they will actually go down. The Burnley and Watford away games are the big ones, lose both and they're done.

When Leicester were going on their golden run in 2015-16, most people would have thought "surely they can't keep this up and will drop off eventually". They never did and they won the league having only lost three times that season. The reverse is happening with Everton, all along I thought "they have to pick up eventually, especially now that the fat waiter is gone", but it's getting more and more likely that they will actually go down. The Burnley and Watford away games are the big ones, lose both and they're done.
Doesnt help that they replaced Rafa with a terrible manager.

Doesnt help that they replaced Rafa with a terrible manager.
Rafa is a has-been, it's amazing that you pretend he's still any good. I'm not sold on Lampard as a manager but anyone is an improvement on that dinosaur.

Rafa did a horrible job at Everton, but Lamps is just not a very good manager.

Rafa has a part to play in where Everton are at but the blame has to be at the owners and the players as well.

The players Rafa bought and selected to play?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol.

He has brought in 6 players. Two of the six are back up GKs in Lonergan and Begovic.

He didnt get a chance to play Mykolenko before he got sacked.

Rondon is sh*t yeah but Gray and Townsend have been pretty good signings for Everton.

Get gud bro.

Mykolenko is s**t so dunno if that would have helped his case.

He also forced Digne out of the club.

Rafa gutted the squad of talent and brought in a few also-rans and kids to replace them. Mikolenko has had a tough time obviously since joining but prior to the Russia-Ukraine war, he was ordinary. Patterson has barely played. He sold one of our best players to fund those purchases. Add to that getting rid of James and not strengthening the area of the pitch most needed (right back/defence), he failed.

Townsend has been average. He throws in a worldy with 10 s**t games inbetween. He refused to play Gordon who's been our best player this season until he had to.

FNvcmgVXMAElCZn.jpg

Reckon Newcastle are definitely safe.

Everton are in strife, and their game against Burnley is huge.

Brentford and Leeds might be safe cos there are some teams that are worse than them.

Put a line through Norwich and Watford I reckon.

Watford are a win behind Everton. Granted more games played but Everton could easily lose those games in hand (Burnley and Leicester).

I reckon Burnley need to win at least 3 games to stay up and they’ve only won 3 all season.

I remember people writing them off because they only had 1 win for the season and then they won their next two.

I think they beat Everton at home.

Once Mee is back they'll be much better. (cue Jod popping in with a joke)

I remember people writing them off because they only had 1 win for the season and then they won their next two.

I think they beat Everton at home.

Once Mee is back they'll be much better. (cue Jod popping in with a joke)

They certainly know how to shithouse their way to safety.

I wouldn't put it past them.

I think Brentford and Leeds sneak another 1 or 2 each and are safe.

Comes down to Everton vs Watford/Burnely.

That Everton vs Burnley game is enormous. If Burnley lose, I think they are done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back